Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2014 has minor changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 PM
grhymes is on a distinguished road
2014 has minor changes

The 2014's (CD's anyways..) have the hill descent button moved up to the top under the display screen as well as new look power lock controls etc. very minor. no, not the 2015 'refresh' but minor changes from the 13's nonetheless.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:24 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I was looking at a 14 GTS today while I was picking mine up from service. I noticed that the single button on the bottom of the tailgate is now 2 buttons. One of them has a key icon on it. Can you post the relevant manual information about that? It wouldn't happen to have something to do with finally being able to close the tailgate from the key would it?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Yathani is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gnat
I was looking at a 14 GTS today while I was picking mine up from service. I noticed that the single button on the bottom of the tailgate is now 2 buttons. One of them has a key icon on it. Can you post the relevant manual information about that? It wouldn't happen to have something to do with finally being able to close the tailgate from the key would it?
look here, i think this is what you mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Te27-p8#t=190s

@3:10

Old 07-12-2013, 06:11 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I got two tailgate buttons on my '13 CD. One just closes the hatch and the key icon button closes the hatch and locks the entire car. it won't close if the key fob isn't within range. It still won't close with the with the key on the door switch.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Thanks guys, that is the button I saw. I really don't understand why you can't close the TG (or open the windows) from the key, but I suppose that is just one of the quirks you get when buying a Porsche

TAch, mine is a 13 too but I just have the single button. Was yours built in/after November (that's when they tweaked some things)? Mine was an Oct build.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Mine was built in December.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 PM
wmtribe is on a distinguished road
I have a 2012 and it has the dual button on the tailgate; one to close and lock and the other to just close.

I think it has to do with having entry and drive option which mine does.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I think you have 2 buttons when you have the optional comfort entry.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 PM
The entry and drive must be the reason...I have it too. One change I'd like to see is a push button to start the car.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 PM
No E&D for me. Guess that's it then.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:40 AM
binner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
The entry and drive must be the reason...I have it too. One change I'd like to see is a push button to start the car.
Our salesman was quite knowledgeable about the lack of the push button .. according to him Porsche wants the retain the connection of the driver manually 'starting the car'. He said that he would be very shocked if Porsche went to a push button start like the other manufacturers.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:26 AM
It’s a good thing that Porsche history isn’t as long as some other companies otherwise we’d be using a hand crank to start the car.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:32 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Both our 2011 Turbos have the 2 buttons. In 2011 the two buttons comes with the entry & drive. Page 27 of the manual.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
It’s a good thing that Porsche history isn’t as long as some other companies otherwise we’d be using a hand crank to start the car.

But probably true

Old 07-13-2013, 07:17 PM
bones boy is on a distinguished road
One change I'd like to see is a push button to start the car.
Shut yo' mouth!

Just kidding - but hopefully never on a Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 has minor changes