Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne 2015 facelift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Bruin Pcar is on a distinguished road
I would probably hold off at this point as well. If you end up liking the new refresh, you'll be happy. If you don't, you'll probably be able to score a deal on a leftover 2014. Win either way, so long as you have something to drive in the meantime. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2014, 08:17 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bruin Pcar
I would probably hold off at this point as well. If you end up liking the new refresh, you'll be happy. If you don't, you'll probably be able to score a deal on a leftover 2014. Win either way, so long as you have something to drive in the meantime. Good luck!
I agree. Plus suspect electronics, like PCM will have newer technology.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Onefastdoc is on a distinguished road
Anyone know if the diesel will get the updated engine that the Panamera diesel go in Europe? I would definitely wait and get a 2015 if it does. 300hp and 479 lbs ft of tq with 30mpg sounds great to me.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 AM
tbird54 is on a distinguished road
I ordered a 2014 GTS build 09/03/14 and just picked it up. Love it.
I am thinking they may not offer the GTS day one when the 2015 update comes out. They may stage the roll-out. Another consideration for you.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and the updates will be minor like the Panamera and expect a very similar engine lineup.. The PCM in the 2014s is really similar and not a new complete platform rebuild which is rumoured to be included in the new Panamera coming out in a 2-3 years.

We will have had our CS for just over 3 years around the time our 2015 arrives, torn between a CS or upgraded to a GTS .

Old 03-14-2014, 12:08 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
you know the rear tail light on the prototype is just sticker to make it look like it wasn't modified right? they did the same trick on the macan

looking at the LED strip underneath it, it looks like a new design will be on the tail, I doubt they'll put similar Macan lights on it, that's a lot of modification to the current sheet metals, but I can't wait to see the update

and also, looks like they increased the size of the center air dam on the regular cayenne models, almost as big as the current Turbo/GTS front

Old 03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
I noticed the turbo? version will have an integrated fog housing instead of the round one you see not to mention it really does look like a larger Macan now

Old 03-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Matt911 is on a distinguished road
Also you can see the front facing camera

Old 03-14-2014, 02:07 PM
yea and the two front side cameras next to the fog

I'm 100% sure it's part of the surround view camera like the 2014 Panamera

Old 03-15-2014, 07:45 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
There are a lot of spy shots floating around and from the look of things, the new Cayenne is going to look like a bigger Macan and I'm not sure how that'll work on its proportions.

So far, the front fascia looks clumsy and has an overly toothy look about it. I'm still undecided on the squarer rear but the taillights should be considerably sleeker. I have a feeling that the new reversing lights will be removed from the actual taillights and be included in the reflector units in the lower rear bumper. Not keen on the new tailpipes either - their integration in the rear diffuser seems too forced and they seem to be jutting out too far.

Another big change in the front: a new hood/bonnet that now stretches to the car's raised wings and is bigger and flatter. Seems to tone the signature raised fenders that Porsches are famous for down too much and it has me a bit wary.

Since the Boxster/Cayman GTS are coming to Beijing and Porsche has no debuts planned for the New York Auto Show, I have a feeling that the 958.2 is coming to New York. These virtually naked mules seem to point to an imminent unveiling.

khabah

Old 03-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Bushburner is on a distinguished road
not a fan of the rear diffuser or front headlights, the 958 headlights are sleeker imo

Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
Glad I didn't wait until 2015. Doesn't seem like enough changes to worry about.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Bushburner
not a fan of the rear diffuser or front headlights, the 958 headlights are sleeker imo
no one knows what the final headlight will look like yet, those are just sticker that look like 958 to trick your eyes

it's been speculated that the 4 LED style headlight from the current GTS/Turbo will be standard on the refresh like the Macan

Old 03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
My lease expires on my 958 this summer and think will buy it back.

The new Cayenne isn't enough change to "upgrade", plus I would want more of a differentiation than a Macan.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:55 AM
Stonosam has a spectacular aura aboutStonosam has a spectacular aura about
Interesting what they chose to do with the hood. Clearly the light blue lines are fake and the hood now extends into the side fenders. The entire front end will now look a lot more square. Very Macan like. Not sure I am a fan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2015 facelift