Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne V6 exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 12:31 AM
howardhaoxie will become famous soon enough
Talking Cayenne V6 exhaust sound

I just recorded this today for your reference.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Matt911 is on a distinguished road
Nice! it sounds very similar to a Sport exhaust equipped Cayenne V6 that i tested. Could you please tell me where can i get the LED license plate lights.

Last edited by Matt911; 01-12-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by howardhaoxie
The LEDs used on my Cayenne are all T10 type. Here is the one I use for my plate lights: 2X Error Free Canbus T10 W5W 194 168 2825 2821 Car White 4 SMD 5050 LED Light
The thing with German cars is that you need to look for "CANBUS" meaning they are most likely error free. It is never certain that they will be error free. However, the one linked above works for me without error. Another thing that you need to look for is the color. I ordered four of those LED bulbs and one of them was a different color temperature. Good luck!
@Matt911 I posted this in another thread, but here you go!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:23 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Howardhaoxie, how long have you been using the LEDs for the license plate, do you have problem with over heating?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:43 PM
@TGED The first set of LEDs I used were the ones with four chips on the sides and one on the tip of the bulb. Those overheated and died... The ones that I linked above are holding up alright from Thanksgiving 2013. LOL. I did, however, use Glossifier Plastidip to somewhat "seal" them. I don't think Plastidipping them does anything though.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I'm assuming this is the original equipment exhaust system?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Howardhaoxie, thanks for the reply. Have you taken your Cayenne for a long night drive? One time when I did a long night drive, the LEDs started to brown out after about 5-6 hours of night time driving. Prior to that they were ok for a few months as I was driving no more than one hour each time at night, not long enough to over heat the LEDs. In order to avoid an error message, the whole LED bulb must consume 5W of power, since the LED themselves consume very little power, most of the energy gets dissipated as heat through the resistors. I will be thrilled if your LED can get around this problem.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:37 AM
@TGED Yeah, my bulbs have browned a little around the resistors though no signs of breakage. The LEDs used in the Benz use smaller LED chips and seems to be holding up pretty well. The one used in my Cayenne use 5050 LED chips which are pretty big. I have ordered a new pair from ebay using a smaller area LED chip. Here is the link: 2x T10 LED CANBUS White light 6-2835 SMD
I'll keep you posted after I receive them and install them.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 AM
@FNG yes this is 100% stock with about 8k miles.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:51 AM
MIK911 will become famous soon enoughMIK911 will become famous soon enough
Sounds great!!
What was done to the exhaust?
Anyone else modify the stock exhaust for a sportier tune?

Old 04-20-2015, 11:22 AM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
thanks for posting that! We have a 14 platinum V6 and yep sounds the same, good IMO. We have 12k miles on ours and it seems to be setting even a little deeper, which is good. Also after 10k miles (first oil change) the vehicle seemed to get a lot faster when in sport mode.

I measured my 0-60 times and they were better than what Porsche claims???? Is that to show a wider differential between the S and the base to get you to spend the extra money on the S?

Old 04-20-2015, 03:06 PM
monacojoe is on a distinguished road
they are all faster generally than reported

that is to keep the competition guessing.

Originally Posted by seabrook
thanks for posting that! We have a 14 platinum V6 and yep sounds the same, good IMO. We have 12k miles on ours and it seems to be setting even a little deeper, which is good. Also after 10k miles (first oil change) the vehicle seemed to get a lot faster when in sport mode.

I measured my 0-60 times and they were better than what Porsche claims???? Is that to show a wider differential between the S and the base to get you to spend the extra money on the S?

Old 04-20-2015, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds great...but a nice set of secondary catbypass pipes will make it REALLY come alive

Thanks for sharing!!!

- Jason

Old 04-21-2015, 05:25 AM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HOUSE Motorsports
Sounds great...but a nice set of secondary catbypass pipes will make it REALLY come alive

Thanks for sharing!!!

- Jason
I looked underneath mine and I saw the primary cats under the hood but it looks like to me the V6 does not have secondary cats, just a resonator?

Also, I looked at my muffler and it has 2 holes on each side of the muffler. The hole closest to the rear bumper being used for the tailpipe and the other hole has just a cap in it. Looks like to me it's the same muffler as the PSE, it just does not have the solenoid valves attached to it. Looks like a pretty easy hack to get PSE by removing the cap in the unused hole, welding in a 90 and attaching it to the existing tail pipe. On top of all that... this is all slip on stuff so I can remove it all to work on it! I talked to our local welding shop and he said it would be 100.00 to do this!!!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by seabrook
I looked underneath mine and I saw the primary cats under the hood but it looks like to me the V6 does not have secondary cats, just a resonator?

Also, I looked at my muffler and it has 2 holes on each side of the muffler. The hole closest to the rear bumper being used for the tailpipe and the other hole has just a cap in it. Looks like to me it's the same muffler as the PSE, it just does not have the solenoid valves attached to it. Looks like a pretty easy hack to get PSE by removing the cap in the unused hole, welding in a 90 and attaching it to the existing tail pipe. On top of all that... this is all slip on stuff so I can remove it all to work on it! I talked to our local welding shop and he said it would be 100.00 to do this!!!
Please post a video when you do! I am really curious how that turns out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne V6 exhaust sound