Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My "Semi" Euro Spec 2014 GTS arrived! + other minor mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
My "Semi" Euro Spec 2014 GTS arrived! + other minor mods

After the gruesome wait (I tracked the vessel here), after seeing the vessel crossed the panama canal, my 2014 GTS is finally here it took 106 days for those wondering.

My build is nothing crazy like most of you, since this will eventually be a baby hauler, so I wanted to keep the options based on practically and exterior appearance. I'm also a big lighting/LED guy so it was an obvious choice to go all LED
  • Roof Rails in Black
  • ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
  • Multifunction Steering Wheel
  • Seat Heating (Front)
  • Extended LED Comfort Lighting Package
  • Comfort Lighting Package i.c.w. Memory Package
  • Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with Navigation Module
Since everyone knows what the front looks like, here's the picture of the beautiful rear

With no luck from the Porsche factory to build mine with the Euro valance, this became a little project I had with my dealer. I have no intention to tow anything so I really dislike the "tow hook preparation" cutout they forced upon all the US model. Looks extra out of place on GTS.

They also swapped the side lens to clear before I picked up the car, they put the clear bulbs in there, which I will replace with something else later, I want it to blink amber to match the front

What I've done so far besides the OEM parts:

Suntek Carbon 35% Tint (my goal was to match the factory privacy glass) my installer recommended this one and I would say it matched the factory 99.99%, it even matched the "green" hue, turned out better than I expected

Ijdmtoy Xenon White Error Free 18-SMD LED License Plate Lights
It still amazes me after spending $1k on LED upgrades, Porsche still refuse to change the license plate to LED so I had to find my own.

I know everyone loves the ECS Tuning kit by Racing Dash, but this was cheaper and I got extra 15% off during Valentine's day special, so I got it just to test it out. The quality definitely does not match the ECS kit but the resistor was smaller so I actually had no issues fitting these and no warning light.

The color is pure white, but 18SMDx2 might produce a bit too much light, I also have the OEM Porsche LED from other models arriving soon to test, so I will try a lot of different kinds until I find the perfect one.

Here's an absolutely terrible shot of the Extended LED package, there really is a lot of light

More coming are the OEM rubber mats + high side trunk liner for the dog for now.

Sorry for the long post + crappy pictures, CA is getting hit by crazy storm this week, haven't had the chance to take proper pictures.

Thanks for all those that helped me through the process! I will keep this thread open as my mini mod build thread

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GTS%20Rear.jpg
Views:	3891
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	340458   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-26%2012.06.46.jpg
Views:	5465
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	340469   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8322.JPG
Views:	3445
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	340470   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-26%2018.37.09.jpg
Views:	2941
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	340471   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8336.JPG
Views:	2836
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	341858  

Last edited by kechang; 03-04-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Looks awesome.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:26 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
the ecs/racing dash one is super bright as well. and nothing more special than yours for costing $15 more. they haven't failed on me yet, but they didn't look or feel expensive. same old cheap stuff, made in china with the Porsche tax added. one side of mine didn't even work at first because the pins were slightly bent/not straight brand new, so I had to use a pick and straighten/rearrange the pins so that the plugs clicked together and lit up. sweet gts btw, if you don't mind me asking, what was the msrp and how much discount were you able to pull off?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:37 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HOiYA
Congrats! Looks awesome.
thanks! you are about the most active person on this forum lol

Originally Posted by MikeL
the ecs/racing dash one is super bright as well. and nothing more special than yours for costing $15 more. they haven't failed on me yet, but they didn't look or feel expensive. same old cheap stuff, made in china with the Porsche tax added. one side of mine didn't even work at first because the pins were slightly bent/not straight brand new, so I had to use a pick and straighten/rearrange the pins so that the plugs clicked together and lit up. sweet gts btw, if you don't mind me asking, what was the msrp and how much discount were you able to pull off?
yea, exactly, I figured everyone has the ECS so I shall try something different. that's exactly what happened with mine, left side pins were bent so had to correct it. Interesting, not surprised if they all come from same supplier

MSRP if you don't count the additional parts dealer installed was $92530, dealer straight out gave me 5% off without even asking, I went in thinking I wouldn't get any discount so I didn't even bother asking for more and just put down the deposit.

thanks all

Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Beautiful!
Your previous posts were interesting to watch the slow journey across the world.
Glad you finally have it and can enjoy!

Also, I'm looking forward to watching the thread with future mods.
Please make sure to post up the specs of the license plate (led) once you finally find the right one.

Originally Posted by kechang

Last edited by BlazinPond; 02-28-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words!! I have the OEM license plate LED installed but still waiting on some few parts so I'll post that later once ready.

Now onto few more parts although minimal but I have a hard time finding pictures of these installed on the forums so I will post them for reference

OEM Porsche All Seasons Rubber Mats - 95804480051 (Black/Left-hand drive/2 zone A/C)
Driver side (love the cayenne silhouette)

Passenger

Rear

OEM Porsche Luggage Liner with High Sides (2 zone A/C) - 95504400015 (this material is very slipper for pets, I will spray some plasti dip for grip)
OEM Porsche Sunshade - PNA50595502 (in the pouch)

This LED strip is part of the Comfort Lighting Package, thought it was cool at night

more to come later! thanks for viewing

Name:	DSCF8356.JPG
Views:	2687
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	344329   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8355.JPG
Views:	2662
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	344330   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8354.JPG
Views:	2658
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	344331   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8363.JPG
Views:	3312
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	344333   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8360.JPG
Views:	3761
Size:	635.1 KB
ID:	344334  

Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Bushburner is on a distinguished road
clean, i like a lot.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Looking great kechang Thanks for posting the pictures.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:04 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I have the LED package on my vehicle as well... it seems like the door strip only comes on when you turn on the overhead cabin light... is there any settings to have it on otherwise? I'm assuming it's connected to the foot well lights as well... they all come on. I would like to have just those on without the overhead one. Let me know if I'm missing something.

My CTS-V wagon had cool ambient light along the dash and doors that was on at night... the lights are there on the Cayenne, but they're not on!

Old 03-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I have the LED package on my vehicle as well... it seems like the door strip only comes on when you turn on the overhead cabin light... is there any settings to have it on otherwise? I'm assuming it's connected to the foot well lights as well... they all come on. I would like to have just those on without the overhead one. Let me know if I'm missing something.

My CTS-V wagon had cool ambient light along the dash and doors that was on at night... the lights are there on the Cayenne, but they're not on!
unfortunately, I feel the same way, overhead horseshoe is just simply distracting at night, even with it dimmed, the wife told me to just turn it off

so when I'm driving by myself, I just have the overhead and the door strip dimmed to the lowest and leave it like that, it's also connected to the footwell lighting as well.

you just hold the button until it dims to your liking.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
I have the exact same thing- dimmed as low as possible for nice ambient effect. Fortunately is keeps that setting every time the car is started.

Last edited by Harlequin NY; 03-11-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: forgot- duh
Old 03-11-2014, 01:59 PM
new stuff came in from UK

Osram Diadem "Chrome" bulbs vs stock clear bulbs (free with purchase)

This is to replace the stock "clear" bulbs that came with our amber sidemarkers, if you had put in amber bulbs for your clear lens, this will get rid of the ugly egg yolk effect

I've put together a DIY to swap this here: DIY - How to Change Clear Sidemarker Lens + Bulbs FYI

Results:
Blinks OEM amber

The bulbs will make the clear sidemarkers legal

it matches the OEM LED amber turn signal nicely

Almost invisible when off, this is a better solution for me than having a ugly LED inside or other bulbs that melted other people's lens

Too bad it's really hard to find these bulbs in the US, this is very similar to the Philips Silvervisions which is one of my favorite bulbs to hide the egg yolk

added: far away shot, barely visible

Name:	DSCF8387.JPG
Views:	2534
Size:	384.5 KB
ID:	345254   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8380.JPG
Views:	2519
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	345255   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8396.JPG
Views:	2487
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	345256   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8397.JPG
Views:	2611
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	345257   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8400.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	345258  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8401.JPG
Views:	2402
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	345259   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8402.JPG
Views:	2481
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	345260   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8434.JPG
Views:	2402
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	346109   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8445.JPG
Views:	2429
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	346496  

Last edited by kechang; 03-13-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl

hey! I just realized we have exactly the same cars

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Looking great kechang Thanks for posting the pictures.
thanks ECS for the awesome customer service and fast shipping of my rubber mats and other parts! (will post another thread about it)

Old 03-12-2014, 05:12 PM
the OEM liner with high sides is made out of this slippery plastic, I guess it's for the ease of cleaning but makes it a rollercoaster ride for dogs

Here comes the Plasti Dip to the rescue, this was my first time using it

just followed simple instruction, 3-4 layers, 30 mins min apart, 4 hours to dry, and this was the result, it really became more rubbery, and non-skid surface

throw in the crazy fur shedding machine to test

now into the car, I'm sure he hates the car ride but at least he has more grip

more to come later

Name:	DSCF8425.JPG
Views:	2396
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	346148   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8426.JPG
Views:	2380
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	346149   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8430.JPG
Views:	2468
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	346150   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8431.JPG
Views:	3866
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	346151  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My "Semi" Euro Spec 2014 GTS arrived! + other minor mods