Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Must Have Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Dexston is on a distinguished road
Came in this thread to say pano roof is probably the best $660 option! I am not a convertible, windows open guy but I am loving the pano roof!

Crest on the headrests is nice too, haha.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
I drove a car with PDCC, PTV and without now a must have for me.
Also ordered LCA,Hitch,Roof Rails, Air Susp, Premium Pack on S
NO BOSE or BUR stock radio good enought, 10 speakers 235 watts.
Entry and Drive,Heated Wheel also a must in MN. Have a heated wheel on my 997
one reason I'm leaving my 4 Runner. Should be here by XMAS!
I did a test with my music on Stock,Bose and Burmester on cars at dealer.
The Bose was great and enough different that I had to have it. So I changed my order. See Above. The cost just keeps going up. I'm now past where I can make changes so I'm locked in now!
Could not tell the difference between the Bose and Burmester. In all fairness to the Burmester I have 73 year old ears so I'm sure that explains why I could not tell the difference. Your hearing of highs and fast rise times falls off rapidly after 50. Women have less loss but it gets them in time as well. I used MP4 files on a USB stick for my test. YMMV
So do your own test and don't listen to all the so called experts most of their ears have been damaged at rock concerts.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:40 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Steve.
I did the same comparison with the BOSE vs. the BURM and I could not hear a difference either. I went back and forth at the dealer with 2 Cayennes side by side with a few test discs. I have a background in music and recording and was really excited about ordering the BURM but thought the BOSE was just as good and I normally don't like BOSE. I do have some high freq hearing loss but it was the deep bass that I was hoping the BURM would excel at but the sub didn't seem better to me. But then again I read a comparison from a guy with much more recording experience than I have and he felt the BURM was better. Everyone hears things differently so it is subjective.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:38 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
Hi Steve.
I did the same comparison with the BOSE vs. the BURM and I could not hear a difference either. I went back and forth at the dealer with 2 Cayennes side by side with a few test discs. I have a background in music and recording and was really excited about ordering the BURM but thought the BOSE was just as good and I normally don't like BOSE. I do have some high freq hearing loss but it was the deep bass that I was hoping the BURM would excel at but the sub didn't seem better to me. But then again I read a comparison from a guy with much more recording experience than I have and he felt the BURM was better. Everyone hears things differently so it is subjective.
How many watts is the Bose? I never listened to it... but I'll tell you the Burm will shake the whole car on low base notes. Make sure to adjust bass/treble etc and listen to the right music. I know the Burm is 1000watts or something, but perhaps the Bose is just as good?

I bought mine off the lot, so no choice for me.