Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ordered my 2015 CTT optioned as the incoming 2015 CTTS!!!! ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Ordered my 2015 CTT optioned as the incoming 2015 CTTS!!!! ;)

Only thing is, was told yesterday that my ceramics are on a 8 week delay, so I can put the cayenne on "hold" for build for that time, or proceed with the regular CTT red brakes.... Hmmmmm
Did the new laminated heated windshield, and the sport design package etc. I can post my build sheet if there are those interested but it's pretty much as my old 2011 CTT. Except for the cream/saddle, instead of cream/umber as before.

I ask two questions of you: Since I have a couple weeks to decide this, per my allotment, should I go with the cream/saddle as I am currently planning (debating bc of how much a pain my old CTT cream/umber was to maintain), or should I go with the cognac/umber?
I like those teo the most because of their contrast, and dont want the red/black......

I like the lightness of the lighter color but might be ok with the contrast as well, this is my biggest dilemma. Get something different than what I had before it try something different. Does the darker feel closed in, vs the cream I'm used too...?

Also should I wait on my ceramics or just get my CTT 8 weeks earlier and get the regular red brakes?
Getting ready..... there will be many performance mods done to this one.....

Last edited by Jace; 11-23-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Personally, I would do the cognac and umber. I don't know if you have kids or carry your dogs around but that would weigh in my decision as well. I have 2 Golden Retrievers that I take everywhere so any light color would be out of the question for me. My family has 3x 958 Cayennes all with different color interiors and that Cognac is absolutely gorgeous. I would say it feels more rich then feeling enclosed.

I would wait on those ceramics if I were you. People who owned/have them swear by them.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Ya the ceramics are certainly nice, I've had them on my 2011 CTT but not on my 2008 GTS...
Dilemmas...

Old 11-24-2014, 11:11 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Cant comment on color..Its a personal choice.. But the ceramics are indded worth the wait.
Had a 2013 CTT without/and factory ordered my 2014 CTTS with CCB's.
OMG what a difference in braking.. They are simple unbelievable, not to mention zero brake dust. Would never order a Cayenne without them as long as the $$ works for you.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm getting ceramics again. Decided.
As for the color. Is the cognac a higher quality leather? Dyed on both sides? Hold up any better on the side bolsters than my cream did on my CTT that I had to re-dye and constantly clean, bc of jeans.

Last edited by Jace; 11-24-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:11 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Cant comment on color..Its a personal choice.. But the ceramics are indded worth the wait.
OMG what a difference in braking.. They are simple unbelievable, not to mention zero brake dust. Would never order a Cayenne without them as long as the $$ works for you.
Agree 100%

Cheers,

Old 11-25-2014, 01:07 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Couldn't have said it better. Glad to see you ordered the sport design package. My '15 CTT that is at port or on the water has 56,000.00 in options but not the sport design package as it became available just after my vehicle locked.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't have it in front of me but it's around 165k with all the goodies.

I'm hiking some new options come out before I go to production so I can add.
For now I am just debating which interior color....

Same as
My CTT 2011, cream/umber, which is now cream/saddle, or do the cognac/umber......

Old 11-25-2014, 03:03 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jace
I'm getting ceramics again. Decided.
As for the color. Is the cognac a higher quality leather? Dyed on both sides? Hold up any better on the side bolsters than my cream did on my CTT that I had to re-dye and constantly clean, bc of jeans.
Glad you decided to wait for the ceramics. I had the espresso/cognac interior in my 2011 and wear jeans constantly. It didn't take long for the cognac to take on a blue tint. This is the reason my new Cayenne has a black interior. I then deviated the centers of the seats with steel gray. I am really hoping the gray is dark enough not to show the blue. Also I will have black bolsters. If you are worried about the jeans you can introduce another color in other ways while keeping the seat dark. Some ideas here:
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...cayenne-turbo/
Go to download brochures and look at the 15.2mb one called Exclusive Cayenne. You can be pretty creative.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Sales associate just info need me no more ceramics for the rest of 2015 builds on cayenne...

What to do, bah.
Don't feel like waiting, could get it earlier if I just opted for the Reds, but also don't want the reds....

Old 11-28-2014, 01:46 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
Sales associate just info need me no more ceramics for the rest of 2015 builds on cayenne...

What to do, bah.
Don't feel like waiting, could get it earlier if I just opted for the Reds, but also don't want the reds....
It will cost a but more, but retrofit the PCCBs through your dealership.

Cheers,

Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Retro will cost about 5k per. And I only keep for about 2-3 years anyways.
I'm driving the regular turbo 15 Monday and il hard break that and make a decision then.
I think I'll just go with the Reds and make fun of how small they are every day I see them
Ha