Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Cayenne Turbo Arrived. Auto Start-Stop Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
New Cayenne Turbo Arrived. Auto Start-Stop Question

We picked up our new Cayenne Turbo a few hours ago. I will post pictures ASAP but have a question. I hate the auto start/stop feature. We also have a 2011 Cayenne Turbo and when you turn off the engine with it off it stays off. In the 2015 it activates every time I start the vehicle even though it is off when vehicle is turned off. I thought maybe it was tied to the key/seat memory as many other features are but doesn't seem to be the case. Any secrets to it always being off? In my 40 mile highway ride home I noticed it seem more planted to the road. I didn't think there were any mechanical changes. Both have PTV & PDCC.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:32 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Sounds like this is an MY2015 (un)enhancement.

Looking forwards to pics of the new CTT!

Old 12-16-2014, 09:29 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
The fix is easy. You need to just put it in Sport Mode as soon as you get in. A habit I got into with my 2012 997 Cab. This also turns off the auto start stop. Works on my new 2015 Cayenne S should do the same on your turbo.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:52 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevefrommn
The fix is easy. You need to just put it in Sport Mode as soon as you get in. A habit I got into with my 2012 997 Cab. This also turns off the auto start stop. Works on my new 2015 Cayenne S should do the same on your turbo.
Thanks - VERY much appreciated.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Well, didn't work either by putting into sport mode or sport plus. Talked to service manager and he said no way to defeat it.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:11 PM
gaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of lightgaatr is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Well, didn't work either by putting into sport mode or sport plus. Talked to service manager and he said no way to defeat it.
That's no good, definitely an un enhancement...!!

Old 12-17-2014, 08:43 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I'm sorry I meant that you need to drive in Sport mode all the time. And yes it doesn't stick. It won't stick in sport mode on my 997 either so I'm just used to it. My wife also shuts of ECO mode on her Mercedes every time she gets in her car to defeat the start stop feature. It's just what we must put up with in the modern world. It's still better than my 51 Ford was!

Old 12-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
My 2014 RR Sport is the same. Every time I re-start the car the auto start/stop turns back on. I recall speaking with local Porsche dealer and they mentioned this would be the case for 2015 cars. Real shame. Probably has to do with new laws which require it to default to on.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:24 AM
My service manager said it's all about fuel mileage. If I cared about fuel mileage I'd drive a Prius.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Eagletower is on a distinguished road
My dealer has quoted half an hours labour to programme it off on my 2011 Cayenne.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:21 AM
I have 2 - 2011 Cayenne Turbos and can state for a certainty that it was not like this in 2011. In 2011 if you pressed the button on the console to turn the stop/start feature off it STAYED off. Light is on when stop/start is off. I'll press your button for free. I don't know what model Cayenne you have, but if not a Turbo then maybe it is different in other models. I highly doubt it though.

Just realized you are in London - that could be the difference.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 12-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Eagletower is on a distinguished road
If you press the button it will stay off until you take the keys out. At the beginning of every journey you have to remember to turn it off - which is annoying as hell. I bought my car used so asked the dealer to send me the build spec over. That's where I saw , it listed as an option (not sure if they do it as standard for UK cars). I asked to dealer how much to default it as always off or to remember the last setting and he said half an hours coding.

Mine is the diesel.

screen grab below of the build spec dealer emailed me.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Probably has something to do with you having the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:28 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I have a 2011 Panamera 4 and a 2013 Cayenne S, luckily the Auto Start/Stop button stays off on both cars.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:02 PM
mkca is on a distinguished road
I have the same problem with my 2015 CTT. I need to turn it off again and again, so I just turn on sport mode, I don't think sport mode will save me significant gas, plus, its turbo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Turbo Arrived. Auto Start-Stop Question