Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cargo Management System Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 04:33 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Anyone found a rubber mat that works well with the cargo system?

Either kind, flat or with a slight lip.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Seems Lloyd makes custom ones that will fit. Just select the 'Cargo Management' option and that'll leave enough room for the track to be accessible. It won't have a lip around it but their rubber options look to have enough texture to catch anything I'd likely be carrying.

By the way, the cargo rail is fantastically convenient. I use it all the time. I just put stuff close to the seat backs and then push down on the center of the rail and slide it back. Keeps stuff in place, no sliding around at all.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:47 PM
skipath will become famous soon enoughskipath will become famous soon enough
Porsche make their own mat specifically for use with the cargo management system. Part number posted earlier in this thread: 958-551-769-00-DC5 (black, may be available in other colors). It's reversible, one side is carpet, the other a waffle rubber-like surface that is waterproof and VERY non-slip.

And I agree the system is super-useful - very worthwhile retrofit, and if I were ordering new I'd be sure to include it.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:58 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Do any of you with the cargo system carry dogs? I saw the value of it, but didn't order it on my 13 for fear of the dogs getting their toes caught and injured.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Mine came with the load space net. I only installed it briefly just to see how it worked. I think the net is different than the guard cage. It's tough but certainly more forgiving than the metal of a cage. But it's meant more for managing cargo as it has some gaps on the sides that a dog might be likely to be able to get through.

That and the Tequipment page says the guard cage isn't for use with a panoramic sunroof.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:11 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
No I meant the gaps in the floors where the management system bits slot into. As I recall there is a "track" on each side with roughly a 1/2" gap the whole way.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by gnat
No I meant the gaps in the floors where the management system bits slot into. As I recall there is a "track" on each side with roughly a 1/2" gap the whole way.
Ah, the floor track. Well, I suppose anything's possible and the track is about 1/2" wide the whole length, with a 5" section that's a little wider near the hatch, to accommodate inserting the system components.

For the occasions where you brought the dogs along then it might be worth using a regular full-width carpet/mat. I don't know that I'd want to keep the bar part of the CMS in there, or the hooks. A dog bouncing/laying on the CMS bar would be likely to move it. That and the hooks, while smooth folded down, are a bit angular when opened.

So if you were hauling the dogs around all the time then I'd probably skip the CMS.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:06 PM
BladeMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by skipath
A quick followup. Still waiting on the accessory bag to verify contents.

I can confirm, however, the correct part number for the matching mat, which is 958-551-769-00-DC5 (in black). This is a reversible carpet/anti-slip rubber mat sized to fit between the cargo management rails (instead of covering them, which the standard mats/trunk liners would do). It has a heavy vinyl loading flap that fits down to cover the top and face of the bumper when loading/unloading. The flap is attached with velcro so it can be used on either side of the mat.
I'm looking to install this also....would anyone have a pic of this mat? I'd like to see if my liner can be modified to work with the tracks. Thanks!

Old 09-27-2019, 09:46 PM
GTS Randy is on a distinguished road
Returning the 2017 Cayenne GTS, under lease, so returning the vehicle back to factory condition. (It did not come with the Porsche Cargo Management System, which was all purchased afterward at a cost of approximately $550 plus tax.

KIT FOR SALE, which are pictured above in the thread.

958551556019Q8 Qty (1) Retaining strip right
958551555019Q8 Qty (1) Retaining strip left
N90850202 Qty (4) M8 x 20mm retaining bolts
95555150400 "bag loadspace system" includes 4 adjustable latching points, 1 rigid extending bar, and 1 web material retainer all of which clip into the cargo track rails (above parts). Also includes the fancy storage bag, which another member posted above, showing the latching points and web material slider.

Asking $300 for the set.
Plus $25 to help cover some of the Fed Ex Ground shipping with tracking and insurance included, signature required, which will likely necessitate at least 3 shipping boxes.

Very rare now and difficult to find. Adds a great deal of convenience.

Last edited by GTS Randy; 10-24-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:40 PM
Update: Price reduced as above, still for sale.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:56 PM
coffeeisgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GTS Randy
Update: Price reduced as above, still for sale.
I am interested & just sent you a message.
I live in Encinitas (north San Diego) & I could drive up, pay (cash, venmo, paypal) whatever you want & pickup.
Save us both on shipping costs.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Sounds good! I will be at I-5 Self Storage in Tustin from 8:45am - 2:00pm tomorrow (tues) if that works for your schedule.

it is located right off the 5 freeway on 2631 Michele Drive.

Its a very useful modification and easy install.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:00 PM
coffeeisgood is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GTS Randy
Sounds good! I will be at I-5 Self Storage in Tustin from 8:45am - 2:00pm tomorrow (tues) if that works for your schedule.

it is located right off the 5 freeway on 2631 Michele Drive.

Its a very useful modification and easy install.
99% sure this will work, i will know for sure early tomorrow morning. I would leave here at noon,be there by 1PM.
there is no way to private message you on these forums? posting a phone # is a bit odd here

Old 10-29-2019, 08:21 AM
$300 for the set. I can see you today at 1pm if still interested.

Old 10-29-2019, 08:23 AM
I didn't see your message until this morning about the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cargo Management System Retrofit