Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cargo Management System Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:49 AM
skipath will become famous soon enoughskipath will become famous soon enough
Cargo Management System Retrofit

Hi all - first post, have been perusing this forum closely since acquiring a CPO'd 2013 Cayenne S a few months ago.

One of the first projects I tackled was retroffitting the 3GN cargo management system that has been mentioned in a few other posts here. It looks like a fantastic way to keep things from flying around in the back.

The good news is that the side rails are a direct bolt-in retrofit that takes about 5 minutes to install. Parts required are:
958551556019Q8 Qty (1) Retaining strip right
958551555019Q8 Qty (1) Retaining strip left
N90850202 Qty (4) M8 x 20mm retaining bolts

The strips are the aluminum channels, complete with end caps.

To install:
- Remove the (8) T30-headed machine screws from the 4 tie down hooks and remove the hook assemblies
- Lift the center cover to gain access and pop the carpeted side strips up and remove. (They are secured by the tie down hooks at either end and by plastic locking tabs in the middle, can easily be removed by hand).
- Drop the appropriate retaining strip in place, install 1 new retaining bolt through the hole near each end and into the existing threaded holes in the floor plan.

The parts are from the standard Porsche catalog and appear readily available, best price I could find online was about $200 before shipping.

I have the 95555150400 "bag loadspace system" on order. I believe this includes 4 tiedowns, 1 rigid extending bar, and 1 webbing retainer that all clip into the cargo rails. Best price I could find on this was around $300.

Next trying to find the correct part number for the reversible carpet/rubber mat that is sized to fit between the rails, will post when I do.

If ordered from the factory the complete system lists for $420. Retrofit cost is a little more than that, but while not cheap it's definitely cheaper than replacing carpet, trim, or stuff damaged by flying around.

Perhaps one of our intrepid sponsors will assemble these parts and offer as a kit?

Hope this is useful.

Skip

Old 04-15-2015, 03:03 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I'd like to have the cargo system as it would indeed be handy, but as "dog hauler" is a key function I think those open tracks are a bad idea

Thanks for the write up. New DIYs are always appreciated

Old 04-17-2015, 08:13 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Could you snap a picture? I keep a bin with my biking shoes, helmets etc in the back of my truck all summer. It works really well, until you accelerate a bit to fast, and it all dumps over!

Was wondering if this would help?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Don't have access to the car right now, but there's a good overview in the online owners manual:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...agement-system

Basically two tracks are installed on either side of the floor. The accessory bag kit includes a rigid telescoping bar, a fabric retracting loop, and 4 tiedowns that all clip into and slide along the rails.

Between the combination of those and some lashing straps, there isn't much that you couldn't secure tightly.

I have a plastic cargo bin rejected from wifey's Mercedes ML that works great with this. Can be clamped against the rear seats with the rigid bar, I also mounted d-rings on the sides and can use those with cam straps and the tiedowns to secure it anywhere in the back.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:27 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tvurt
Could you snap a picture? I keep a bin with my biking shoes, helmets etc in the back of my truck all summer. It works really well, until you accelerate a bit to fast, and it all dumps over! Was wondering if this would help?
Depending on what I'm carrying I use some bungees on either the floor tie downs or child restraint hooks on the backs of the seats.

I'm not sure the cargo system by itself would help out, just give you more flexibility about where the tie down points are and I think there are some containment systems Porsche sells that work with the cargo tracks.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skipath
Don't have access to the car right now, but there's a good overview in the online owners manual:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...agement-system

Basically two tracks are installed on either side of the floor. The accessory bag kit includes a rigid telescoping bar, a fabric retracting loop, and 4 tiedowns that all clip into and slide along the rails.

Between the combination of those and some lashing straps, there isn't much that you couldn't secure tightly.

I have a plastic cargo bin rejected from wifey's Mercedes ML that works great with this. Can be clamped against the rear seats with the rigid bar, I also mounted d-rings on the sides and can use those with cam straps and the tiedowns to secure it anywhere in the back.
Thanks for the link and the DIY info! Just what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 04-24-2015, 01:56 PM
A quick followup. Still waiting on the accessory bag to verify contents.

I can confirm, however, the correct part number for the matching mat, which is 958-551-769-00-DC5 (in black). This is a reversible carpet/anti-slip rubber mat sized to fit between the cargo management rails (instead of covering them, which the standard mats/trunk liners would do). It has a heavy vinyl loading flap that fits down to cover the top and face of the bumper when loading/unloading. The flap is attached with velcro so it can be used on either side of the mat.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:13 AM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
Cargo management system in a 2016

Would this retrofit be possible on a base 2016 cayenne?

Originally Posted by skipath
A quick followup. Still waiting on the accessory bag to verify contents.

I can confirm, however, the correct part number for the matching mat, which is 958-551-769-00-DC5 (in black). This is a reversible carpet/anti-slip rubber mat sized to fit between the cargo management rails (instead of covering them, which the standard mats/trunk liners would do). It has a heavy vinyl loading flap that fits down to cover the top and face of the bumper when loading/unloading. The flap is attached with velcro so it can be used on either side of the mat.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by tarzancoe
Would this retrofit be possible on a base 2016 cayenne?
I don't see why it wouldn't. I haven't heard of any interior changes that would cause a problem.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:16 PM
GTS Randy is on a distinguished road
OEM Porsche Cayenne Cargo Management Accessories for Sale

Decided to keep the items and purchase new rails.

Last edited by GTS Randy; 11-05-2016 at 08:30 PM. Reason: advise readers of removing link.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:24 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GTS Randy
http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...K:ME:LNLK:MESX

Auction just put up and will last 7 days from today.

Thanks for taking a look.
The link brought me to my own seller page. Try this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-PORSCHE-...p=mtr#viTabs_0

Old 11-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Well, I've had a complete turn around and actually decided to do the rail retrofit myself on our 2017 Cayenne GTS.

The cargo management system (originally ordered as a factory option on our 2014 GTS) is just too good to pass up.

Thought we didn't need it, so made the mistake of not ordering it for the 2017 build, and then realized how we missed it.

So, going to go down to the local Porsche dealer and pick up the rails and hardware, and retrofit into the 2017.

Thanks to the Original Poster for the part numbers and detailed explanation.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:10 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GTS Randy
The cargo management system (originally ordered as a factory option on our 2014 GTS) is just too good to pass up.

Thought we didn't need it, so made the mistake of not ordering it for the 2017 build, and then realized how we missed it.
It was one of the "go back and add one last thing" items to our '17 order!

Old 11-12-2016, 05:52 PM
So easy, a middle schooler can install it. Had my younger son help with the retrofit. Part numbers were spot on.

Name:  Cargo%20ManagementLR-1168_zpsi1cwpfqf.jpg
Views: 2675
Size:  183.7 KB

Looks good!

Name:  Cargo%20ManagementLR-1188_zpspqphxqxc.jpg
Views: 3770
Size:  223.4 KB

And, no more stuff flying all over the place in the cargo area. Highly recommended!

Name:  Cargo%20ManagementLR-1190_zpszeca0m7v.jpg
Views: 2244
Size:  244.9 KB

Old 11-16-2016, 11:56 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Here's the storage case that came with my GTS for the belt and hooks.

The spring could be a bit tighter on the roller. That and the belt and bar could be a little lower. There's enough gap to allow stuff to roll under. The hooks are quite nice, very hefty bits of machined metal.

I hadn't consider the front/back orientation of the belt, that's interesting.

I have a back-of-the-seat cargo 'hammock' that I may use. But I need to get a couple of carabiners to hold it onto the existing sockets in the seat backs.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cargo Management System Retrofit