Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Any 2016 GTS owners? Appreciate your thoughts.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Any 2016 GTS owners? Appreciate your thoughts.

Thinking of making change from 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged to a 2016 GTS.... drove it today. Handles much better than RRS. Power seemed okay, quick, but not fast... didn't go past 5000 rpm as car was brand new. Worried that I will be "disappointed" coming from 500+ HP... but it's lighter and feels it. RRS is very "trucky"....

Thoughts on the GTS are appreciated. I like the torque increase over the prior GTS'.... clearly doesn't sound as good.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:04 AM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
I just got the new GTS coming from a Mercedes ML550 with a twin turbo v8. It had about 460 on a dyno by a tuner. This cayenne is more fun to drive. Doesn't feel as heavy. It was very reliable. I was thinking about the Range Rover sport too but read about its poor braking and decided against it. I wasn't considering the top end model but it's interior is very impressive.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:11 AM
Jdsmoke is on a distinguished road
I just got a 2016 GTS. I came from a 2013 BMW X6 w M performance. I was choosing between the RR sport autobiography and the Porsche. What put me over the edge was the drive of the car. The RR always felt like a truck. While it has a nice ride as a passenger, the drive of the Porsche is hand above. I miss the sound of the 8cyl from the BMW, but the car has all the pick up I need. Gear changes are fast and the drive is incredible. Great handling, doesn't feel like you are driving an SUV. It feels like you are piloting a performance car that's higher off the ground. Defiantly a step up from the BMW. I think the interior finish of the 2 cars are comparable. Both have there positives and negatives. So this is more personal. Most people I spoke with on the RR had service issues. This was also a concern as the Porsche owners seamed to have less problems. Take this a more opinions and actual fact. Hope this helped.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:44 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Thanks guys... RR is very heavy even with reduced weight of new model and that was felt right away driving the GTS. Handling is much better than RR.

Just worried the V6 is missing some of the grunt I'm used to... I had CTT prior and that is a fast truck, but you can feel the 300-400 lbs it has over the GTS.

BTW - I've had my RRS SC since June 2014. No issues to date.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Thanks guys... RR is very heavy even with reduced weight of new model and that was felt right away driving the GTS. Handling is much better than RR.

Just worried the V6 is missing some of the grunt I'm used to... I had CTT prior and that is a fast truck, but you can feel the 300-400 lbs it has over the GTS.

BTW - I've had my RRS SC since June 2014. No issues to date.
Wow you do trade in cars soon. Short leases or purchases? I've been on a 18-20 month cycle for the last 4 cars, but unexpectedly. Luckily the numbers made sense.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:43 AM
tbird54 is on a distinguished road
2015 GTS with 30M miles

I have a 2015 and it has been 99% perfect. I just had to have the clock repaired.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Wow you do trade in cars soon. Short leases or purchases? I've been on a 18-20 month cycle for the last 4 cars, but unexpectedly. Luckily the numbers made sense.
Usually purchases. It's a sickness

Old 11-22-2015, 05:52 PM
HunterTurbo is on a distinguished road
I just picked up my 16 GTS on Wednesday. Put 800km on it already (highway & lots of city) and I’m absolutely loving it. The ride with the air suspension is ultra smooth but still provides great feedback. The handling is really impressive for an SUV this size. The interior with standard leather & alcantara is beautiful. The sound (compared to the previous gen V8) is the only weak spot. The sound isn’t bad, but nothing like the old V8 and I find it extremely quiet. I’m going to do bypass pipes right away for more volume.

I haven’t owned an SUV for a while but I’ve spent a lot of time driving Cayennes (often loaners, all variants – base/S/Hybrid/958.1 GTS & Turbo) and so far this thing is exceeding my expectations big-time. Looking forward to how it handles snow and towing. Couldn’t be happier.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	433397  
Old 11-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Help me figure out a way to turn off the amber side markers. Can they be programmed off like in audi's

Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Help me figure out a way to turn off the amber side markers. Can they be programmed off like in audi's

A bit off topic....but,
I don't think there's an easy way.

Most guys swap them out right away for the clear version (clear cover w/ orange bulb).
It's a cheap first mod for many. Check Suncoast or equivalent parts dealer.

If i'm not mistaken, there is a law that require this type of amber side marker anyways.

Regardless, congrats on the new ride.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:07 PM
Car is so new it's not available yet. Regardless, with other makes like Audi you can turn it off. I don't want it on at all. I want the euro spec look.
It is illegal in the states but nobody would ever get a ticket for having it off. No officer would ever notice it.

Last edited by jtorrebl; 11-25-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by HunterTurbo
I just picked up my 16 GTS on Wednesday. Put 800km on it already (highway & lots of city) and I’m absolutely loving it. The ride with the air suspension is ultra smooth but still provides great feedback. The handling is really impressive for an SUV this size. The interior with standard leather & alcantara is beautiful. The sound (compared to the previous gen V8) is the only weak spot. The sound isn’t bad, but nothing like the old V8 and I find it extremely quiet. I’m going to do bypass pipes right away for more volume.

I haven’t owned an SUV for a while but I’ve spent a lot of time driving Cayennes (often loaners, all variants – base/S/Hybrid/958.1 GTS & Turbo) and so far this thing is exceeding my expectations big-time. Looking forward to how it handles snow and towing. Couldn’t be happier.
How'd you get a plate so quickly?

Old 11-26-2015, 05:38 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Car is so new it's not available yet. Regardless, with other makes like Audi you can turn it off. I don't want it on at all. I want the euro spec look.
It is illegal in the states but nobody would ever get a ticket for having it off. No officer would ever notice it.
The Euro spec is that there is no side marker light at all. Why not just remove, unplug and re-install?

Old 11-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Because the computer will detect a burnt out bulb and prompt a replacement. Yeah euro cars don't have it at all I know. Just want the cleaner "look" with it off at night. For daytime I'm plasti dipping it black for now. My dealer is getting me the clear or smoke ones whenever they come out.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:43 AM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Love my 2014 GTS, 10,000 miles no issue, did the by-pass on the exhaust, the sound is spectacular!!! Glade i got the V8 GTS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any 2016 GTS owners? Appreciate your thoughts.