Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need Help: TPM System Giving off Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:58 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Need Help: TPM System Giving off Warning

I need some help. About a couple of days ago, my TPM gives off a warning sign saying I should inflate my front right tire. I then go check the PSI on the system and it says it's correct and all good. I mess around with the settings and reset it by jumping between partial and full load. The error message disappears. I chalk it up to system glitch.

This morning, after driving a few minutes, the error message comes up again. Why would I need to inflate that tire if the PSI is correct? I've attached pictures and would welcome some feedback on what is going on and whether or not I have a real issue.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5478.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	452880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5479.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	452881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5480.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	452882   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5481.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	452883  
Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Seems it doesn't like a yellow -4. Have you tried filling them so they are all at 0?

Old 07-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Seems it doesn't like a yellow -4. Have you tried filling them so they are all at 0?
Then why is the front left tire not yellow?

Old 07-06-2016, 10:29 PM
donaldm823 is on a distinguished road
I think you might be at the trip point of low pressure and tire pressure required is adjusted for tire temps that may differ between tires On my 16 Cayenne S, the partial load settings are 35 front/38rear for all season 19" tires. So why would you set them lower than that? It appears you have then set 4psi low? Increase tire wear and vehicle stability issues may result

Old 07-06-2016, 10:32 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
As donaldm said - you're right where the system thinks something is wrong. The readout seems to jump by 2PSI increments on mine - meaning one tire could be actually at close to 2PSI rather than 4PSI, and it probably won't trigger at 2PSI.

Is it difficult for you to correctly set the pressure?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

What is interesting is that I manually measured the PSI in each tire and it came out to 33, 33, 39, 39, just like the computer readout. So why is 1 tire low?

Also, I had it on comfort, partial load, 21 inch summer tires so those PSI should have been correct.

I ended up changing to standard and upped the PSI to 37, 37, 42, 42 (the standard for 21 inch summers). So far the system thinks it's ok but we'll see in the next couple of days.

But i still find it odd that the system thinks something is wrong when it's not.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by bruinxman
Thanks for the feedback.

What is interesting is that I manually measured the PSI in each tire and it came out to 33, 33, 39, 39, just like the computer readout. So why is 1 tire low?
Perhaps one TPMS sensor is out of calibration with the rest of them? Do you have a diagnostics tool (ICarScan, DuraMetric?) - you can read the values directly with the tool, and the ICarScan will also tell you how good the batteries are in each sensor.
Also, I had it on comfort, partial load, 21 inch summer tires so those PSI should have been correct.
That's not what the computer thinks. It thought ALL your tires were low for that setting. That's the purpose of that display, so you can set your tire pressures in real time to what the computer wants for the use selection you made.
I ended up changing to standard and upped the PSI to 37, 37, 42, 42 (the standard for 21 inch summers). So far the system thinks it's ok but we'll see in the next couple of days.

But i still find it odd that the system thinks something is wrong when it's not.
I don't. Shift happens..