Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

LED Licence Plate Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 01:47 PM
pmonag is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep us posted RickDC. Looks like you're doing what kechang had outlined in his post(which is in the DIY section). I'm not an electrician but looked at the schematic on the Philips LED warning canceller and it looks like the brown(negative) and grey(positive) wire just clip into the red plastic parts and that's it? It doesn't look like you have to snip any wires am I right?

If this is the case, I'm definitely within my comfort zone on this one.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:21 PM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pmonag
Keep us posted RickDC. Looks like you're doing what kechang had outlined in his post(which is in the DIY section). I'm not an electrician but looked at the schematic on the Philips LED warning canceller and it looks like the brown(negative) and grey(positive) wire just clip into the red plastic parts and that's it? It doesn't look like you have to snip any wires am I right?

If this is the case, I'm definitely within my comfort zone on this one.
I'm happier that they are just clip-ons. It add extra load to the circuit which will bypass the MFD Canbus error. I choose 5w as thats probably about the load of that + LEDs to stop the error. I'll do some photos.. and don't get the Philips extra white 194 incandescent bulbs.. can't notice the difference between those and the OEMs.

I'll probably stick the Philips resistor to the metal part inside the trunk (reaching through the license plate socket as it will get hot and don't want it to affect the plastic / paint on the lid. It will be delivered on Wed, so I'll keep you guys in the loop!

Old 09-11-2017, 01:19 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
after all that's said and done, I still preferred my OEM retrofit as mentioned in this thread, to me, nothing beats the look of OEM solution and just hit 38k miles, still running strong

Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM
pmonag is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for your write up kechang. Interesting to note that in your write up from 2014, you referenced the OEM LED license plate lights. Looks like you got them from ECS tuning but when you go to their website I don't seem to be able to find them.

I'll be interested to see how RickDC's lights turn out. In the meantime, I went with the AZNOptics W5W 5000k LED bulb v5.2A and I can confirm there is no bulb out error. I think they look great!

Kechang, did you ever find an LED solution for the puddle lights on the side mirrors? I read they could be replaced by taking off the side mirror only(not the black housing behind) but there was no way I could get my fingers in there! Were you able to go LED there and if so, what did you use?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2017, 05:30 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pmonag
Thanks for your write up kechang. Interesting to note that in your write up from 2014, you referenced the OEM LED license plate lights. Looks like you got them from ECS tuning but when you go to their website I don't seem to be able to find them.

I'll be interested to see how RickDC's lights turn out. In the meantime, I went with the AZNOptics W5W 5000k LED bulb v5.2A and I can confirm there is no bulb out error. I think they look great!

Kechang, did you ever find an LED solution for the puddle lights on the side mirrors? I read they could be replaced by taking off the side mirror only(not the black housing behind) but there was no way I could get my fingers in there! Were you able to go LED there and if so, what did you use?

Thanks in advance!
I provided the link to the parts in my post but here it is again:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...k8943021c~por/

also, I ordered my car with the extended LED package so everything is LED already except the license plate light, so I fixed that myself I believed I've seen some member replaced them with instruction, so do a search on that

Old 09-12-2017, 01:40 PM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
Kechang.. thanks for the link! However at $42US for shipping to Canada.. you can guess the rest ;-)

Old 09-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by RickDC
Kechang.. thanks for the link! However at $42US for shipping to Canada.. you can guess the rest ;-)
haha it's cheap enough to buy at local porsche dealers

Old 09-13-2017, 12:26 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kechang
haha it's cheap enough to buy at local porsche dealers

I got them much cheaper from my local VW dealer, PN 1K8943021C, compatible with VW Polo and Golf.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Fahad M Alahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Retrofitting

unfortunately, Kechang’s retrofitting dadn’t work for my 2012 Cayenne S, I broke one of the pins because of many failure attempts of reversing the wire so I ordered new pins and socket from ebay.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Fahad M Alahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
The easiest way to get OEM number plate ( many thanx to Kechang ) I got a lot of him, however I’d like to add more information.
What you need to do is to buy the following:

1- 1k8943021c (VW LED lights)
2-12956X2 ( 12 v philips canceller)
3-1j0973702 (make sure pins included for each side) very cheap on Ebay

no need for the pin extrator which I spent over a month to bring it from USA to Saudi Arabia : )

now you can just cut the wires from the stock housing and and plug the new pins 1j0973702 make sure to tighten the pins on wires and test them before you plug them check if it is removeable dont plug them, and then it will definitely be working in 10 minuets.

Make sure to put the brown wire inside number 1 of the housing not number 2, just swap them.

Please visit Kechang post before doing any of these instruction

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ree-way-4.html

Last edited by Fahad M Alahmed; 05-17-2018 at 10:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.