Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Dyno Experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:33 AM
BG305 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Missed seeing you Chris. Don showed up with his 957. Mine disappointed me running 365awho and 384tq. Don's did much better.

Pretty convinced I should have been north of 400 so I need to finish checking the rest of the vacuum lines. Got to be a leak there somewhere. Was still fun. Some nice cars there too. A Pontiac G8 with a bunch of mods put down somewhere around 550rwhp. Beastly.
I felt the same when I took my ctt to the Dyno J. I also suspect a leak somewhere as my boost hits .8 bar then bleeds off to as low as .6 bar sometimes. This is the pic I snapped while it was on the Dyno. The only changes I have made have been cutting the 2.5" tips Hank put on the muffler and finished it off with 3" all the way out. I might take it back with some fans and see if it improves.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Skigod9 is on a distinguished road
Numbers sound right

I have a e81 CTT ( not officially e81 but installed all oem e81 performance parts) with secondary cat bypass, X pipe, magnaflow mufflers, cold air intake, custom intercooler to TB piping, DV, meth injection( but I'm only spraying distilled water) EPL dyno tune, exhaust cutouts( but had them closed for dyno) and I put down 400awhp on EPL's dyno and held 1.2 bar strong. So your numbers sound about right.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:09 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Skigod9
I have a e81 CTT ( not officially e81 but installed all oem e81 performance parts) with secondary cat bypass, X pipe, magnaflow mufflers, cold air intake, custom intercooler to TB piping, DV, meth injection( but I'm only spraying distilled water) EPL dyno tune, exhaust cutouts( but had them closed for dyno) and I put down 400awhp on EPL's dyno and held 1.2 bar strong. So your numbers sound about right.
Do you have primary bypass/downpipes also?

Old 12-08-2015, 06:13 AM
Skigod9 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
Do you have primary bypass/downpipes also?
no the stock primary cats are still in

Old 12-08-2015, 09:13 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Skigod9
no the stock primary cats are still in
Thats super impressive. From following your previous thread, I thought you were running turbo-back exhaust... I wonder what adding primary downpipes would do for your numbers. I've read they provide pretty good gains, at least on the 957 platform. Not many 955s running it from what I've been able to find.

I think downpipes and converting to a full 3" exhaust are going to be my next upgrade.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:35 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Thats super impressive. From following your previous thread, I thought you were running turbo-back exhaust... I wonder what adding primary downpipes would do for your numbers. I've read they provide pretty good gains, at least on the 957 platform. Not many 955s running it from what I've been able to find.

I think downpipes and converting to a full 3" exhaust are going to be my next upgrade.

I really want to do a full 3" exhaust from Hanksville. I still haven't done much with mine though since the dyno day. The CAI like you did is probably next on my list.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:20 AM
I really want to do a full 3" exhaust from Hanksville. I still haven't done much with mine though since the dyno day. The CAI like you did is probably next on my list.
That full 3" exhaust would be on my list as well.. I unbolted the secondary bypass pipes from the rear section of the exhaust and ran it like that for a couple of days to see if I could handle any increased noise. I figure if I can live with that, then a full 3" coming out the back would be tame in comparison to the secondaries dumping under the car. It sounded insane!

I may be taking my CAI off soon and putting the stock stuff back on. Possibly trading the Cayenne in this week. If so, you're welcome to my parts.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:37 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
That full 3" exhaust would be on my list as well.. I unbolted the secondary bypass pipes from the rear section of the exhaust and ran it like that for a couple of days to see if I could handle any increased noise. I figure if I can live with that, then a full 3" coming out the back would be tame in comparison to the secondaries dumping under the car. It sounded insane!

I may be taking my CAI off soon and putting the stock stuff back on. Possibly trading the Cayenne in this week. If so, you're welcome to my parts.

I bet that was pretty loud! Yeah let me know about the parts. Trading it in on something fun?

I ended up selling my 308 so will be looking for something fun to play with sometime. Think I might stick to something older and hopefully with cheaper parts though!!

Old 12-19-2015, 12:29 PM
I bet that was pretty loud! Yeah let me know about the parts. Trading it in on something fun? I ended up selling my 308 so will be looking for something fun to play with sometime. Think I might stick to something older and hopefully with cheaper parts though!!
Yeah, found a nice 996 turbo that I couldn't pass up. I've been wanting one for a while. The dealer is addressing a couple of issues that came up on the PPI yesterday and I'll be picking it up Monday or Tuesday. What do you have in mind for your next one?

Old 12-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Yeah, found a nice 996 turbo that I couldn't pass up. I've been wanting one for a while. The dealer is addressing a couple of issues that came up on the PPI yesterday and I'll be picking it up Monday or Tuesday. What do you have in mind for your next one?
Nice. Enjoy it. Not sure what I'll get next. Gonna wait a while probably though.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Nice. Enjoy it. Not sure what I'll get next. Gonna wait a while probably though.
Thanks man. The dealer wanted the intakes to stay on as part of the trade in. He's going to be using it as a personal car for a few weeks and then will swap the stock airboxes back in before selling it. He loved the sound. He said he'd call me when he swaps it out to give them back to me, but we shall see if that actually happens. Hopefully so, he's a pretty cool guy; has a collection with several Ferraris that he showed me, he came by my office for a tour and to check out the McLaren we have. I'll let you know when he gives it back if you haven't already done the mod yourself and I'll figure out a way to get it over to you. Either meet me somewhere on this side of the lake or pay my gas to bring it to you. I'm not looking to get anything for the parts, I got my money's worth from them

Old 12-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Thanks man. The dealer wanted the intakes to stay on as part of the trade in. He's going to be using it as a personal car for a few weeks and then will swap the stock airboxes back in before selling it. He loved the sound. He said he'd call me when he swaps it out to give them back to me, but we shall see if that actually happens. Hopefully so, he's a pretty cool guy; has a collection with several Ferraris that he showed me, he came by my office for a tour and to check out the McLaren we have. I'll let you know when he gives it back if you haven't already done the mod yourself and I'll figure out a way to get it over to you. Either meet me somewhere on this side of the lake or pay my gas to bring it to you. I'm not looking to get anything for the parts, I got my money's worth from them
Cool, sounds good. Well let me know if he does follow through. I'm up for saving a few bucks! Which McLaren do you have at your office? That's my kind of office. All we have is a coffee pot and a printer.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Cool, sounds good. Well let me know if he does follow through. I'm up for saving a few bucks! Which McLaren do you have at your office? That's my kind of office. All we have is a coffee pot and a printer.
Its a volcano orange P1. Its a pre-production model that is owned by McLaren, but we have it on indefinite loan. Its not able to be sold/registered/driven on street since I believe its a no VIN car and only allowed in the country for show/display purposes.

Old 01-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Its a volcano orange P1. Its a pre-production model that is owned by McLaren, but we have it on indefinite loan. Its not able to be sold/registered/driven on street since I believe its a no VIN car and only allowed in the country for show/display purposes.
Nice! I think the P1 is one of the nicest looking supercars out there. That's my kind of office!!

Old 01-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Nice! I think the P1 is one of the nicest looking supercars out there. That's my kind of office!!
I am in love with the P1 and McLaren brand as a whole. If you're ever over this way, let me know and you can come check it out!