Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

2014 CTT vs CTTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jlusby
Maybe it was just my mind telling me it felt different, but when I compare the non-PDCC CTT to the PDCC CTTS during test drives, it really felt like the PDCC made it corner better and have less body roll. I have also read that PDCC and PTV will provide better stability when towing. I haven't towed yet, but will be shortly so I will be curious to see what that feels like compared to using our Expedition or old Tahoe. I do know that many people swear that once you have it you will miss it for whatever that is worth.

I don't know the answer about launch control....
I have PDCC and PTV. The PDCC takes a lot of the body roll out of the Cayenne and there is a video on youtube somewhere that shows visually from the outside how much body roll it takes out. I'm not sure if you can really feel a difference unless you are throwing around the Cayenne a bit harder then the normal person. I like to have fun, so it works perfectly for me.

I have driven a PTV equipped and non PTV equipped vehicle. Really cannot tell where the added benefit is. My CTT came with the sports package which combined both the PTV and PDCC into one lump package.

In the end, the PDCC makes the Cayenne feel even more like Porsche to me when explored anything above normal driving limits.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Wamer27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Fkim011
The CTT/CTTS doesn't come with launch control in any form.
What's the best way to launch these then? Assuming no launch control because we don't have the PDK as it won't fit. I tried while holding brake giving some gas on my 08 CTT and the thing went to hell and started leaking something (I bought my lemon pepper out of a higher end used downtown Chicago dealer without PPI, my own fault)

Does the 2011 have an overboost like 08's did where you turn off the psm? That was the fun button!!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Wamer27
What's the best way to launch these then? Assuming no launch control because we don't have the PDK as it won't fit. I tried while holding brake giving some gas on my 08 CTT and the thing went to hell and started leaking something (I bought my lemon pepper out of a higher end used downtown Chicago dealer without PPI, my own fault)

Does the 2011 have an overboost like 08's did where you turn off the psm? That was the fun button!!
It does have the "sport" button and I think thats what you are referring too.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:49 AM
Wamer27 is an unknown quantity at this point
It does have the "sport" button and I think thats what you are referring too.
I had both sport button and turn psm off on 08. The turn psm off had a way more noticeable effect with extra power then just sport button, and traction control was off. I'll go tinkering around with my 11 today to see what I can figure out and hopefully not get a ticket

Old 07-11-2017, 08:15 AM
DrBillyD is an unknown quantity at this point
The CTT/CTTS doesn't come with launch control in any form.
Remember a YouTube review of a 911 and the reviewers quote on launch control:

"Launch control is something I only use when I'm making a review and want to demonstrate launch control."

Old 07-12-2017, 02:07 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Wamer27
I had both sport button and turn psm off on 08. The turn psm off had a way more noticeable effect with extra power then just sport button, and traction control was off. I'll go tinkering around with my 11 today to see what I can figure out and hopefully not get a ticket

My '05 doesn't have the sport button but does have PSM off. The way I launch it is PSM off, car will default to 1st instead of 2nd, floor the brake, throttle up to about 2,500rpm and let 'er rip. When it all comes together it can be a pretty violent launch. Not sure how many more my transmission can take but it's fun. Oh, and don't do it on wet pavement or things can get sideways pretty easily with all four tires spinning.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:23 PM
iczer34 will become famous soon enoughiczer34 will become famous soon enough
My CTTS is up for sale if anyone is interested

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...o-s-958-a.html

Old 07-15-2017, 05:56 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iczer34
My CTTS is up for sale if anyone is interested

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...o-s-958-a.html

Pretty amazing at over 50% off new for a 3 year old car. That is a very nice looking ride!!

Old 07-18-2017, 06:33 PM
iczer34 will become famous soon enoughiczer34 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Pretty amazing at over 50% off new for a 3 year old car. That is a very nice looking ride!!
I think it's a fair asking price, hopefully I can move it quick.

Thanks for the compliment!

Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 AM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Get either. I paid about the same for my 14 ctt as the beautiful ctts listed here, but a little lower miles and color options I desired.

I then went with a fvd tune and ipd plenum. Easily as much, if not more power now than the factory ctts.

good luck either way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.