Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

have I made a big mistake blocking a vacuum hose?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:18 PM
Richard Godsall is an unknown quantity at this point
have I made a big mistake blocking a vacuum hose?!?!?

2008 CTT

Temp repaired the AOS diaphragm with cling film and it's fixed the a rough running problem that's plagued me since i had the car. Car feels lovely and smooth, really like i've never experienced!! However, the idle has become lumpy. I'm assuming the diaphragm leak 'profile' has now changed (didn't get a perfect seal with the cling film), hence slightly different symptoms.

Can't wait for the replacement diaphragm to get here!

However when I got home to remove the cling film (didn't want it disappearing into the engine), I found that the plastic cover of the camshaft adjuster, just below the AOS, pictured below (before the oil accident), had 'shot' off, and oil had been squirting (at some pressure) up into the underside of the bonnet! Now i'm a bit puzzled...

I was also wondering if this might be related to my blocking up the t-piece with a wood screw and bicycle inner tube dust cap, thereby increasing pressure somewhere???...Perhaps someone could confirm (perhaps have a quick look at your car??) and tell me what this pipe is, and if it should be open to atmosphere, or blocked off....or connected to something else...kinda looks a little incongruous to me..I found some pics online of what I thought was the part that showed a cap...

Oh, and this morning the starter didn't want to turn, and then 3 seconds later (when I assumed I had a flat battery,) it roared into life at the next key turn...suspecting dying starter...

one day I'm sure that (mostly) everything will be fixed!!!

Bit more history can be found from my last few posts here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...istency-2.html

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!! - Also hopefully someone can solve their rough running to the AOS diapghm...it really was a eureka moment for me

before the leak

Old 01-23-2022, 03:38 PM
SRT88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know it is an old thread but it is left without an answer. No you didn't make a mistake! This vacuum T pipe has to blocked exactly as you have done it!