Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best summer tire, 21 inch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Best summer tire, 21 inch

In everyone's honest opinion what is everyones favorite summer 21 inch tire and why? I am thinking I want Michelin, always been happy with them, just debating....

I previously had Yokos, and I will never again. Very loud after the first 5 miles, and didn't wear as good as liked.

My objective is this: I want the tire that will give me the quietest ride over the LIFE of the tire, smooth if possible (obviously with 21 inch, this isn't really an option one can choose), longer tread life/wear.

On top of that I want performance.

Hard to find a tire that does all of that I know, just tell me your best thoughts on your favorite tire and we'll call it even.
Ordering within the next few weeks, winter dedicated set going on the shelf.

thanks!

J

Last edited by Jace; 06-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:01 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the Latitude Sport is best in the size also. Give me a call, I'd be happy to help!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
The Pirelli PZero would be my choice.... It is a great wearing tire, quiet and comfortable... I HIGHLY Recommend them.

Give us a call - TAG is owned by a large chain of retail tire stores in Southern California so pricing is extremely competitive

Old 06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I get about 15k per set period. @ 120k, I've been thru a few. My old fav for all around including price was the Conti cross-contact.
Do yourself a favor and save a ton of money. There aren't very many choices available in 21".

Go get a set of Vredestien Ultrac Sessantia in a 295-35-21. I know, it sounds generic. But do your homework and take it from me, you will run these forever. Quiet, long lasting, killer ride/handling, rain ability is tremendous, and real good looking.

I buy here and they have the best price anywhere.

http://www.groupawheels.com/ProductD...c-e4d731e008e8

Old 06-14-2012, 01:10 PM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
I'm actually running one GTS with CrossContact UHP and another GTS with Michelin Latitude Sports. My take. The CrossContact is a better A/S tire, with very good wet handling. The Michelin however is a better dry, track type tire, more sticky. Depends on what you are looking for I suppose. I notice no difference in road noise between either, that said though the GTS with Michelin's has the 2ndry cats removed so it's louder anyway. Both are NO (Porsche approved).

Lastly, I've only had both cars for 3 months now so difficult to tell which is wearing better, but both sets of tires were new so I should be able to report back in a year. Just my sense/guess, but the Conti's will last longer.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I like the Michelin Latitudes. I got an average of 18k out of the 2 sets I had on my GTS.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Dilema Dilema

Tires for 2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo w/ Ceramic Brake Package

Tire Size(s) Being Compared:
295/35-21 (Front & Rear)

Continental
CrossContact UHP
N0 Porsche
Blackwall
Front & Rear

$373.00
Street/Sport Truck Summer
107Y
None

Michelin
Latitude Sport
N0 Porsche
Blackwall
Front & Rear

$469.00

107Y
Varies

Last edited by Jace; 06-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
I get about 15k per set period. @ 120k, I've been thru a few. My old fav for all around including price was the Conti cross-contact.
Do yourself a favor and save a ton of money. There aren't very many choices available in 21".

Go get a set of Vredestien Ultrac Sessantia in a 295-35-21. I know, it sounds generic. But do your homework and take it from me, you will run these forever. Quiet, long lasting, killer ride/handling, rain ability is tremendous, and real good looking.

I buy here and they have the best price anywhere.

http://www.groupawheels.com/ProductD...c-e4d731e008e8
Tell me more if you would about these vreds.

I'm deciding between these, conti, and mich.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
Tell me more if you would about these vreds.

I'm deciding between these, conti, and mich.

I tell you, YOU LIKE. You know your gonna be buying another set soon anyway cuz the pig is a tire *****. Just give em a shot. At minimum the tread pattern is better looking. Im on my third set and heres a pic from the rears on my last set. I wore them all the way to the second set of steel cords, just to see if I could. It's a quality tire.

Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Eddiehector is on a distinguished road
Thats pretty impressive, this is the first time I heard of that brand. What ratings to they have? Regards

Old 08-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Waitin4Dv is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
The Pirelli PZero would be my choice.... It is a great wearing tire, quiet and comfortable... I HIGHLY Recommend them.

Give us a call - TAG is owned by a large chain of retail tire stores in Southern California so pricing is extremely competitive
looking to see about getting some tires for my cayenne in the inland empire. Have anywhere I can go and bet a good deal. The michelin lattitudes seem to be at the 450-460 range can I get them any cheaper?