Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne S 2004 buying advice / help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
shavkaca is on a distinguished road
Cayenne S 2004 buying advice / help

Hi, I am new to the forum and would like to have an advice from you.
I am in a process of buying a 2004 Cayenne S with 127000 miles on it.
The car seems to be in good overall shape, engine sounds good, transmission shifts well.
One problem is that the car starts heavily, I mean when the key is turned to start the car, it seems as the starter is working hard and the engine is turning heavily. But when the engine starts it works fine, n stalling or anything. RPM's are stable as well. Car drives well with adequate power for this vehicle.
I connected my OBD II scanner and got code P0021. I researched it on forums and got different opinions as what can be potentially wrong with the car.
The owner told me that he has this car for last two years and it has always been starting hard. He replaced battery just recently as well as oil and coils with spark plugs.
My question is, can there be anything serious wrong with this (simple) diagnosis with this car with heavy starting and code P0021?
Also, generally, I know 127K is a lot, but shall I go for the car, owner tld me that everything was changed, as in regards with regular maintenance, including drive shaft, pipes and etc.
Thanks in advance