Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cayenne Locking / Alarm Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
2011 Cayenne Locking / Alarm Issue

Good morning guys,
Today when I got to work, I noticed something strange.
When I lock the car, I now longer get a visual (flashing) or audible alert indicating the alarm was activated.
The car was left outside overnight and the temperature this morning was 33* F. This may be related to the cold?

Just last night, I locked it and received the usual indicators that the alarm was set.
I’ve tried to play with the rocker switch for the interior motion sensor. Trying pressing the button and locking the car and then with it off.
Still the same results. You can hear it lock and the little red indicator light on the door flashes.
When the car is unlocked, the flashers flash once and the car unlocks. No audible chirp.

The red door indicator flashes rapidly for 2-3 seconds > flashes for 10 seconds > then flashes normally.

I can’t seem to figure this out. I’ve read the manual twice and searched online but can’t seem to find any specific issues.
Lastly, I’ve opened and closed all doors, windows, tailgate, and all interior compartments to ensure they were properly secured.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas before I take it in?

Thanks
Drew

:::::Update::::::

Seems as though it may have been temperature related.
Went out at lunch and it worked just fine.

Last edited by TheInfamousDrew; 12-04-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:23 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Seems as though it may have been temperature related.
Went out at lunch and it worked just fine.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:26 PM
RPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to beholdRPVantage is a splendid one to behold
Try replacing the battery on the keys or maybe your car battery is about to die? I deal with the same temperatures with my 11 turbo but when I don't use it for some time I connect it to a c-tek charger.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:59 AM
::::Update::::

Found out the rear driver side lock actuator was failing to lock, thus causing the alarm to not set.
At the dealer now having the issue corrected.

I found this out by pulling the fault codes.