Hazards turn on when car locks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 AM
GeraldCheryl is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smartrepair
With this problem, when I lock the doors, there´s a fast clicking noise coming from inside right side, rear panel, in trunk. It has nothing to do with hazard relay, which seems to be in front.
You mean to there is no need to do anything with relay but locksmith asked me that the problem's in the relay

Old 07-08-2019, 10:19 AM
EasonApollo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smartrepair
With this problem, when I lock the doors, there´s a fast clicking noise coming from inside right side, rear panel, in trunk. It has nothing to do with hazard relay, which seems to be in front.
I never seen any issue with our car door lock but yeah once i hired long island locksmith to repair the door lock jamb when it's broken.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:48 PM
Skely330 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi
did anyone sort this problem, when I lock the doors there is clicking sound, hazard lights keep flashing also rear trunk interior lights stay on

Old 12-26-2019, 11:32 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
read fault memory first.

Old 12-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Skely330 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by G_A
read fault memory first.
will do

Old 12-15-2020, 02:58 PM
CeeeRock is an unknown quantity at this point
Same problem with my 2011 Cayenne.

Originally Posted by Skely330
Hi
did anyone sort this problem, when I lock the doors there is clicking sound, hazard lights keep flashing also rear trunk interior lights stay on
Same problem with my cayenne. Unless I hold down the lock button for 5 seconds

Old 03-13-2021, 09:21 AM
LeePanameraTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hazards continue to flash after locking car unless held for 5 secs

Originally Posted by CeeeRock
Same problem with my cayenne. Unless I hold down the lock button for 5 seconds

hi

did you you find a solution..? I’ve got the same issue brand new battery, hazards light flash if I press and release fob button doors lock but hazards continue to flash!!! If I keep hold of the lock key on the fob for 5 seconds wing mirrors fold in and hazards don’t flash... confused

any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards

Lee

Old 05-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
I had this issue on my S class, it was telling me the alarm sound died. It didn't do it always. But it would start flashing the hazards like every 5 locks or something like that. I would have to unlock it and then lock it again to get it to clear.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:32 AM
jcdo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LeePanameraTurbo
hi

did you you find a solution..? I’ve got the same issue brand new battery, hazards light flash if I press and release fob button doors lock but hazards continue to flash!!! If I keep hold of the lock key on the fob for 5 seconds wing mirrors fold in and hazards don’t flash... confused

any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards

Lee
Hi, were you able to figure out what the issue was? I just got the same problem after my battery died for some reason. 2 Months old batter, jumped started and battery been working since but blinkers turn on after locking is still an issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

JC

Old 05-14-2021, 10:49 AM
jcdo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, were you able to fix the issue? I am having the same problem and driving me nuts.

Old 03-09-2022, 09:06 AM
adiliyoo is on a distinguished road
Bring back from the dead... Was anyone able to fix this? Started having the same issue on panamera. Swapped the battery but didn't fix the issue.

Hazards blinking, trunk not closing properly and clicking noise from behind the rear right panel somewhere when I start the car
​​​​​​
Aby ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Old 03-09-2022, 09:20 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
It's the alarm module. Has a NiCad battery in it with a 10 year life - at 11 years it goes bad and those are the exact symptoms. The fix is to replace the alarm module. On a Cayenne it's located in the cowl area, dead center, under the windshield wiper mechanism. Figure 2-3 hours labor. The battery is not replaceable, and the unit is sealed for your protection. No idea on labor for a Panny..

Old 03-09-2022, 12:05 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Post#9 above....the fix on my vehicle involved the simple replacement of
part number: 1K8951605B

Horn for the alarm system. It gets wet and fails if you use pressure washers to detail car.

Old 03-09-2022, 01:18 PM
adiliyoo is on a distinguished road
wow, thank you for such quick responses. will start looking into that. Would that prevent the trunk from closing properly too? It goes down, but stop right before closing, gives some beeps and then has to be pushed down manually. but even then one side doesnt allign ...

ps: it all started happening at the same time because the car was sitting in a garage for about a year, so obviously the battery died. replaced the battery, but hazards as well as trunk not closing all started at the same time so I assume its all related?

Last edited by adiliyoo; 03-09-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:50 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adiliyoo
Bring back from the dead... Was anyone able to fix this? Started having the same issue on panamera. Swapped the battery but didn't fix the issue.

Hazards blinking, trunk not closing properly and clicking noise from behind the rear right panel somewhere when I start the car
​​​​​​
Aby ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks
blinking caused by siren 99%, located under front fender and has different shape from cayenne. hatch lock not from this opera.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hazards turn on when car locks