Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazards turn on when car locks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 04:04 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Hazards turn on when car locks

I cant get this to stop. The hazards start blinking if I lock the car or if it auto locks from not moving. Anyone ever experienced this?

Old 09-26-2016, 12:48 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turboslut
I cant get this to stop. The hazards start blinking if I lock the car or if it auto locks from not moving. Anyone ever experienced this?

They just flash a few times to indicate it is locked right? I don't know that you can shut that off. You can turn the horn beeps notification for locking on or off in the menu though.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:01 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Not the 2-3 flashes when locking....I'm talking about full on blinking lights as if I had pressed the hazards button.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:50 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Not the 2-3 flashes when locking....I'm talking about full on blinking lights as if I had pressed the hazards button.
Well that's no good. You aren't leaving a pet inside or something right? I know sounds stupid but I didn't realize there was a motion sensor. Have to tried turning off the interior motion sensor or the level alarm? You do them one by one in the menu.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM
I was not aware of motion sensors in the car (but no pets anyways). The car was on level ground.

Anyhoot...dropped vehicle at the dealer this morning. Will post results back when I hear from them. Service adviser had never seen such an issue.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:10 PM
I was not aware of motion sensors in the car (but no pets anyways). The car was on level ground.

Anyhoot...dropped vehicle at the dealer this morning. Will post results back when I hear from them. Service adviser had never seen such an issue.
Will be interesting to hear what resolves it.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:04 AM
So apparently the alarm siren shorted out and was causing all this mayhem. Repair bill was close to $700. I will post specifics when I have invoice in hand.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:08 PM
So apparently the alarm siren shorted out and was causing all this mayhem. Repair bill was close to $700. I will post specifics when I have invoice in hand.

You probably won't believe me but I was gonna say I've heard of other models having problem with the alarm siren or some have a battery that can wreak havoc when it goes bad. Sorry it was so expensive but at least it was a fairly easy fix.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Thing is...I am fairly capable of changing it out...the hard part was knowing what was wrong. $198 part with $450 of labor.

At least NOW it is logged on the web and google searches should bring this thread up in case someone else experiences this.

part number: 1K8951605B

same alarm on 2011-2015 Cayenne and Panamera and 2015 918 spyder.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:13 PM
Thing is...I am fairly capable of changing it out...the hard part was knowing what was wrong. $198 part with $450 of labor.

At least NOW it is logged on the web and google searches should bring this thread up in case someone else experiences this.

part number: 1K8951605B

same alarm on 2011-2015 Cayenne and Panamera and 2015 918 spyder.

Seems just about ridiculous doesn't it. I'm just about to the point of taking mine in though for my turning light issue. I've just about reached the end of my electrical know-how and expertise in tracking it down.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:19 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
If they still have it - get the old module from them. I'd be curious to see if it's obvious what failed..

Old 10-02-2016, 02:10 AM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Not only siren can cause same trouble.
Rear ECU monotors wire to siren, it is going like a loop via hood lock connector under bumper. In some case corrosion cause fault.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:41 AM
smartrepair is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by G_A
Not only siren can cause same trouble.
Rear ECU monotors wire to siren, it is going like a loop via hood lock connector under bumper. In some case corrosion cause fault.
I have the flashing problem. Changed the siren module and the problem went away...for few days. Now it started again. I opened the cover over the bumper but can see only one tiny wiring. How is this loop wire?

Old 11-29-2018, 10:15 AM
With this problem, when I lock the doors, there´s a fast clicking noise coming from inside right side, rear panel, in trunk. It has nothing to do with hazard relay, which seems to be in front.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:45 AM
I´d like to know where the front bumber loop si exactly. I opened the panel just above the bumber, but cannot see anthing. When I close the car, I can hear a ticking noise from right rear, from trunk, and of course the hazard light are flashing continuosly. The battery is brand new and nothing inside, nor open windows etc.. It´s not the hazard relay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hazards turn on when car locks