Updating maps/navigation database?

Old 11-09-2017, 08:39 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Updating maps/navigation database?

Has anyone figured out way to update the maps/navigation database? I have a 2012 Cayenne that is pretty old. My 2010 Garmin has free lifetime updates. Last time i checked it would be approx $500 to update my Porsche thru a dealer.
There are some pretty smart guys on this forum so thought I’d ask. I recall specifically that mod that enabled you to get internet and a browser on the car. Anyhow, just curious.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:57 AM
8202632 is on a distinguished road
I think what kills it on the 957s is that it has to be done via piwis

Old 11-15-2017, 03:18 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
no real internet, no browser for sure. just some adds based on AHA radio featuers.
it is possible, not expensive, you need pivws to enter few codes. same with navi up to date.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:15 AM
Kirill Chicago is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the mod you are thinking about is aftermarket HU with android

Old 01-10-2018, 07:39 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Kirill, Android can't be done on a 958. The system is an integral part of the vehicle. Many features of the vehicle rely on it.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:41 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
easy to connect android to OE screen.

But update navi+OE online features much cheaper.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:38 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by G_A
easy to connect android to OE screen.

But update navi+OE online features much cheaper.
Care to expand on that a bit? On the 958 series PCM? There is one writeup on adding a video/touch interface so an android device can be displayed on the screen, but it wasn't easy nor inexpensive.

We'd all love to update our OE system - but the price in USD runs about $500. That will buy 5 perfectly capable auto GPS units in the US.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:47 PM
G_A
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Care to expand on that a bit? ... but it wasn't easy nor inexpensive.

We'd all love to update our OE system - but the price in USD runs about $500. That will buy 5 perfectly capable auto GPS units in the US.
Don, 500$ expensive? If you have access to piwis then navi update and online feature activation will cost you about 250 USD.

Tell me please, show, 100$ perfect headunit.

As i know for 957 good working solution starts from $ 500 here.

Last edited by G_A; 01-21-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:49 PM
G_A
Android box integration expensive there?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.