Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne 3.2l build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 01:12 PM
Jeanne Ilene is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayenne 3.2l build

Hi all! I have a 2006 cayenne with the 3.2l. I have questions, so many questions 🙈 I have spent some time digging through forums, and I keep getting conflicting information on how to make my Slug faster. Can I buy a turbo for a vw golf? Are there better options? What else will need changed or upgraded if I go that route? I read in one forum that the 3.2 needs a bottom end build to support the turbo, but others say that's not true. Will I need to change the gearing?

I'm a converted jeep girl- so I know just enough to be dangerous and not enough to be useful. I really appreciate any advice or guidance! TIA!

Old 11-08-2018, 11:14 AM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
getting a 3.2l to perform is gonna be $$

Not trying to dissuade you , but as a long time Vw sales manager, we've had a lot of people try to get more performance out of the v6 touareg and make it perform like the v8.

In my experience , it was always cheaper to just trade for the v8. Unless you are really handy, adding turbos and superchargers have always costed a lot and made the cars virtually , unsellable .

In selfishness, id like to see how your build turns out , that would be rather impressive.