Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Way to keep car clean between washes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:35 AM
jkb
jkb is on a distinguished road
Way to keep car clean between washes?

I have noticed that my car gets mostly dusty. Is it possible to keep it clean between washes by using some sort of a quick detailer spray and wiping the dust using microfiber towel?

If this is ok to do, what is a good QD spray would you recommend?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jkb
I have noticed that my car gets mostly dusty. Is it possible to keep it clean between washes by using some sort of a quick detailer spray and wiping the dust using microfiber towel?

If this is ok to do, what is a good QD spray would you recommend?
I'm not a fan of using a detail spray in the place of washing. If there is dust accumulated over time from just sitting in the garage, you can use a safe wool duster to gently remove the dust

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=duster

If it's been driven a few times, then just wait until you have time to wash it. The reason is even if you think the dust is small and harmless, it's microscopic rocks. No matter who's detailer spray you use, you WILL be rubbing the rocks around causing microscratches. So, you're better off just washing the car in my opinion.

Detail Sprays were originally made for cars when they were at Concours events, auto shows, and a way to just get the haze off from waxing. Somehow over the last decade it's become an alternative to washing. Not good if you ask me.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned
BrianBrice is on a distinguished road
Just wash it as often as you can and safely as you can. hold off on the light dust till your regular washing.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
chardonet will become famous soon enoughchardonet will become famous soon enough
This is why the CR spotless is really worth it's money. If just minor dust, hose it off, blow it off with Airmax dryer.... 10-minute no-touch process. Takes longer to reel up the hose.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm also not a big fan of detail sprays. Every time I use one, I then get mad at the swirls that were put into the paint.

If you are going to "quick detail" the car, use a lot of spray, & use a lot of MF towels, start up top, & work down, use two towels per section/panel. One to wipe, & one to buff.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:25 PM
VEPA is on a distinguished road
SmartWax's "ONE" is becoming very popular

Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I use a high end car cover that keeps the dust out....prevention rather than attention.