Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Detailer's Domain: E90 M3 with Swissvax Divine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Stop pissing all over a well respected sponsors post over some handheld point and shoot pictures, you guys should be ashamed

Old 07-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Smoke7 will become famous soon enoughSmoke7 will become famous soon enough
I think the pictures sometimes dont do Phil's work justice. Hes a very experienced and respected detailer.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
Cyclo, I read your whole post but the thing is you just can't compare pics like that over the internet and make the claims you're making.

BTW, I know what Zaino is and it's not a polish, it's a sealant, there are no polishing or abrasive properties in Z2 or Z5. I used the word "wax" to generally describe all the products I referred to, I was not being specific to there chemical make up, it was a generalization.

BTW, you obviously dont' know me cause I don't get business due to my website or pics on my website. I get business cause I know what the heck I'm doing when polishing paint and people see cars I've polished at shows or GTG's and want there's to look the same. Anyone can post pics of shiny cars but not everyone can make paint perfect and sooner or later word gets around about who knows what they're doing.

Josh

Last edited by JoshVette; 07-05-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Great work Phil, very detailed oriented in your work! What product did you use on the wheel-wells? Did you degrease them first and then apply a dressing or what? Do you not using some water reclaim system for your foam and water run off? I have been wondering if using the foam process is going to attract unwanted attention from the cities that I work in. I know how some neighbors cringe when I am detailing a car in their neighborhood and they see the water going into the drain. I have thought about getting a water reclaim system but they are so costly I have not done so yet.
[/quote]

Thanks. Yes we degrease them with P21S Autowash first then dress them with Adam's Undercarriage Spray.

As for the water reclaim system been thinking about it as well.

But as for run off none of the neighbors on any of the mobile details have come up to us yet.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoshVette
Cyclo, I read your whole post but the thing is you just can't compare pics like that over the internet and make the claims you're making.

BTW, I know what Zaino is and it's not a polish, it's a sealant, there are no polishing or abrasive properties in Z2 or Z5. I used the word "wax" to generally describe all the products I referred to, I was not being specific to there chemical make up, it was a generalization.

BTW, you obviously dont' know me cause I don't get business due to my website or pics on my website. I get business cause I know what the heck I'm doing when polishing paint and people see cars I've polished at shows or GTG's and want there's to look the same. Anyone can post pics of shiny cars but not everyone can make paint perfect and sooner or later word gets around about who knows what they're doing.

Josh
Well said Josh. I've read this post and the responses back and forth. The original post w/ the comparison between the M3 and Ford Mustang GT and their orange peel is very misleading to the consumer. We all know orange peel can only be removed NOTICEBALY when wetsanded. To claim a wax has done the miracle, is very misinformative. And another note, you can angle any car and shoot a picture that will not even show orange peel. The correct way is to show apples to apples and have two M3s and compare their paint condition under the same lighting and same prep with the different waxes as the topic of discussion.

As for the $2500 waxes, look guys, at the end of the day, it all goes back to your philosophy. It's as simple as why would anyone buy a Rolex when a Timex keeps just as good time. It's for exclusivity, pride of ownership, conversation piece, etc. Same goes for waxes in the high dollar category. Are swissvax and zymol's multi-thousand dollar waxes leaps and bounds better than any other wax? That can be challenged either way. Will the owner of a $300+K Ferrari appreciate the level of attention and the manner you apply wax with your bare hands to the paint, probably yes. For me it's a bonding experience, another level to check my work with how the paint feels as I apply the wax, and quite frankly, it's therapeutic. The results have to have merit as well, other wise, you as the detailer, and the wax company, become a sham over time as the public finds out your product is smoke and mirrors. So just as those that use these high-dollars and exclusive waxes can respect others using different waxes, you should respect them and know there are many ways to do one job. Learn from it, appreciate it, try and understand it, and move on. My 2 cents.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Grouse is on a distinguished road
I like how Moe, Phil, and DD say nice things about each other, their work, and their products. I guess it speaks to their character, and their commitment to the industry overall.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
I've been a customer of both Moe and Phil and both are top notch gentlemen and professionals.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Stryke
I've been a customer of both Moe and Phil and both are top notch gentlemen and professionals.
Never ordered anything from Moe but I have delt with Phil and Detailers Domain customer service is outstanding! I always get my orders in about 2 days from Phil. Autogeek and other places charge outrageous shipping prices and take forever.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Pats300zx is on a distinguished road
Beautiful work as always Phil. Top Notch !!!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:26 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
I was going ask the same question about the wax being 2,500 bucks, but I see someone ask it. If the wax is that well worth the price, it seem to do the job right, then you better use the wax for special occasion like event shows, going for a rare cruise around the city, and or once a year. Still, I'm not sure about spending that much,but maybe someday I will.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Linko4
I was going ask the same question about the wax being 2,500 bucks, but I see someone ask it. If the wax is that well worth the price, it seem to do the job right, then you better use the wax for special occasion like event shows, going for a rare cruise around the city, and or once a year. Still, I'm not sure about spending that much,but maybe someday I will.
Well luckily YOU don't have to spend $2500 for a wax, instead just have a skilled professional like Phil detail you car and ask for the top end wax treatment.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Smokey, yup. I think as long the product we use, works ask well the expensive and great quality product, then I think it's fine. Everyone likes things differently and opinion on products.