Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Driving with windows open and cloth seats = much more interior "dust" ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 PM
ImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of light
Driving with windows open and cloth seats = much more interior "dust" ?

My daily drivers interior is horrible. I wipe the dash with a terrycloth almost every other day.

Is there a great plastic/vinyl cleaner thats truly anti-static? or could it be the open windows and cloth seats? As in there is no solution to the every other day cleaning?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Smoke7 will become famous soon enoughSmoke7 will become famous soon enough
Maybe try 303 Aerospace protectant on the dash

Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ImPulSe
My daily drivers interior is horrible. I wipe the dash with a terrycloth almost every other day.

Is there a great plastic/vinyl cleaner thats truly anti-static? or could it be the open windows and cloth seats? As in there is no solution to the every other day cleaning?
What product have you been applying to the dash? If it's an oily product, it will attract more dust. You may need to use an interior cleaner like Autoglym to strip off the old stuff and then apply a vinyl conditioner like Zymol Vinyl that isn't greasy or oily. Then use a product like einszett Cockpit Premium to do maintenance wipe downs. Think of the einszett CP as a detail spray for the interior. You can give a quick wipedown to all surfaces such as leather, vinyl, plastic, wood trim, carbon fiber, nav screen, etc. And it also has an anti-static ingredient. Excellent product.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:36 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
What product have you been applying to the dash? If it's an oily product, it will attract more dust. You may need to use an interior cleaner like Autoglym to strip off the old stuff and then apply a vinyl conditioner like Zymol Vinyl that isn't greasy or oily. Then use a product like einszett ****pit Premium to do maintenance wipe downs. Think of the einszett CP as a detail spray for the interior. You can give a quick wipedown to all surfaces such as leather, vinyl, plastic, wood trim, carbon fiber, nav screen, etc. And it also has an anti-static ingredient. Excellent product.
Moe
I was wondering about this. Is this stuff okay for the leather bits such as the dash, visors, headrest? I wouldn't use it on the seats, or would that be okay as well for just a quick wipedown? The product description on the Einszett site mentions use on leatherette but not actual leather.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
I dont like 1z CP on leather, but thats just me. Otherwise its an awesome product, one I use all the time.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:28 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Iz CP, UV protection, anti-static and leaves a matte finish-what's not to like

Fabric seats, beat with the back of a brush, vacuum and apply 303 Fabric Cleaner and then Space Protectant for UV protection

Last edited by TOGWT; 05-11-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Moe
I was wondering about this. Is this stuff okay for the leather bits such as the dash, visors, headrest? I wouldn't use it on the seats, or would that be okay as well for just a quick wipedown? The product description on the Einszett site mentions use on leatherette but not actual leather.
Think of ****pit as an interior detail spray. It's great to do routine wipe downs to get dust, fingerprints, light dirt off most every surface on the interior except carpet and upholstery. We no longer use Zymol Vinyl, so something like einszett Vinyl Rubber Care would be a great product to condition plastic and vinyl. ****pit should be just fine to lightly clean any leather surface.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Think of ****pit as an interior detail spray. It's great to do routine wipe downs to get dust, fingerprints, light dirt off most every surface on the interior except carpet and upholstery. We no longer use Zymol Vinyl, so something like einszett Vinyl Rubber Care would be a great product to condition plastic and vinyl. ****pit should be just fine to lightly clean any leather surface.
Excellent. Love this Einszett stuff. The spray was and CP are 2 of my favorite products.