Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

favorite SYNTHETIC / LIQUID wax for silver cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:47 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
favorite SYNTHETIC / LIQUID wax for silver cars

guys
im done with using natural carnuba wax on my car
its a PIA to remove, and i just dont like using paste wax

i wax my car every week (after a hand wash) and i would like to use something a bit easier...
ive tried rejex and im not happy with the shine

what will give my artic silver 911 a wet/glossy shine ??

thanks

Old 10-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Smoke7 will become famous soon enoughSmoke7 will become famous soon enough
Carnauba waxes in general are not ideal for light colored cars, usually sealants enhance the finish of silver or white quite a bit better. For silver a lot of people like Werkstatt products but you need to apply a coat of Werkstatt prime (like a Zymol HD cleanse type product) before applying the actual sealant itself to ensure proper bonding. I would give Gloss Finish a try from gloss it. Its easy on easy off and last for several months no problem. I have used it on silver with awesome results, I'll see if I can find some pics on a silver car. And BTW if you using a quality product theres no need to re-apply it weekly, a big bonus of using a synthetic sealant is its great durability over a carnauba wax...but even with a good wax weekly application isnt needed. I would apply 2 coats of whatever sealant you choose and just do weekly washes while supplementing with a good quick detail spray, that will keep the durability and shine lasting for quite a while.

Good luck

Got some pics of silver for ya...

This has 2 coats of Gloss Finish on it, I think this is the wet/gloss your looking for

And this has the same sealant at as well...notice the clarity in the finish too

Last edited by Smoke7; 10-15-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
If you're waxing every week, it doesn't get any easier than a spray wax like Optimum Car Wax or Duragloss Aqua Wax. Both are quire well regarded.

If you want a sealant, Optimum OptiSeal is pretty easy to use, but is only required every 3-6 months.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
i just want something to make my car as wet and glossy as possible
and if it lasts for a week, thats fine lol

Old 10-15-2008, 07:41 PM
ariarec is on a distinguished road
Detailing Dynamics

Since you are in New York, I would highly recommend you check out Detailing Dynamics and their line of products. Their shine is amazing. The products are so easy to use that I am able to get my car very close (by hand) to the way it looked when Detailing Dynamics did the detailing themselves by with a machine buffer.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I like Mark-V's Paint Sealant.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would try Einszett Glanz

Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
If you wax every week and the car is silver - I honestly don't think it makes *that* much difference.

Even Meguiar's NXT looks pretty good. The only thing I didn't really like about it was that it did not seem to last very long. No problem for a weekly polish regimen!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 PM
paul w. is on a distinguished road
Steve, what's up bro? If you have been using a carnauba wax and want to switch to a synthetic sealant, first off is prepping the paint for the synthetic to bond to the paint. Next time you wash your car wash it in some P21S autowash. If you can't find any near you, or don't want to buy it online, use dawn dish soap to strip all the wax off the car. The next step is how crazy you want to go. I know I spoke to you on ExoticsRally and in person at some of our meets, that you don't want the car buffed out. So next step for you would be to pick wich synthetic sealant you want to go with. I would either use Einzett Glanz or Prima Epic. Both last a long time, which is the good thing about sealants. If you are going to wax your car every week with a sealant, you are going to enjoy how easy it is going to be to wash your car when it is protected with a sealant. Feel free to ask me any other questions buddy. How is the car running by the way, last meet I know you had to come and ask Ron for a MAP sensor I think, is everything ok with it after that? Your car is an ANIMAL!!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 AM
paul
thanks for the advice man

the car is running fine
the MAF went for a split second.. we turned the car on/off , and all went fine ..
pretty wierd

the reason i dont want to buff the car, etc, is because its gonna be at RPM in less than 2 months getting a motor rebuild, and i might just spray over the car... too many pits and stone chips in the paint

Old 10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
I would try Einszett Glanz
I second this, love it on my Arctic Silver 911. Super easy on & off, last a while, so you will not have to wax every week, unless you really want to.

No P-shop on the pics, just straight shots.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Silver is a good color for the frequently overcast days in the PacNW.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
My old Miata on Meguires NXT. I love that stuff for ease of removal.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned
Gloss-it is on a distinguished road

Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 AM
ScheerSpeed is on a distinguished road
i have found that 1Z Glanz and DP Max Wax make light colored cars look best. i would also be interested in trying out dodo juice light fantastic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: favorite SYNTHETIC / LIQUID wax for silver cars