Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Water Spots w/ CRSpotless???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
nlpamg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
You have to take into consideration that the resin usage and changing will depend on how much water is flowing through the cr and how hard your water is.

I always recommend getting an inexpensive pressure washer and using it all the way. The pressure washer will reduce the 4.5 gpm output of the cr to 1.5 gpm, therefore, almost tripling the life of the resin.
great, thanks, Moe!

do you have any specials going on with regards to resin refills?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
2SCOOPS is on a distinguished road
Moe, I haven't had that great of results with mine either. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but I do have a couple of questions. What nozzle are you guys talking about setting to the flat setting? I've had my system for a year or so and I don't recall getting any nozzle? Also, I removed the resin to get a baseline TDS as suggested in a previous post, I'm getting a reading between 247 and 249ppm? Is this possible? When I hook up the cartridges the best I see is in the 80s?

Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
The nozzle we're talking about is the nozzle that came with your CR. If you don't have it, you can pick up a nozzle at a hardware store. It's a garden nozzle with various settings. Just make sure it has a setting for FLAT. As for your TDS reading, the 247 - 249 reading your getting coming out of your house is actually pretty good. The CR's job is to take it down to 0. In your case, it's coming out in the 80s. Anything above 30ppm is no longer considered DI water. Simply change your resin and you should be back in business. Here's a special we are running right now on resin:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-for-CR/Detail

Old 09-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nlpamg
great, thanks, Moe!

do you have any specials going on with regards to resin refills?

Here's a link to our current promotion. It's 5% off and free shipping.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-for-CR/Detail

Old 09-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
I think they might have switched vendors...I'll find out for sure today...have an order to place with them anyway.
Did you find out anything? It seems to me this new resin isnt as good?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:25 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
i called their customer service but havent heard back yet. hopefully i will hear back from them soon. actually will try to give a call in today. i get some dry spots and now the meter isnt working, it always says 0. :-(

Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
You have to take into consideration that the resin usage and changing will depend on how much water is flowing through the cr and how hard your water is.

I always recommend getting an inexpensive pressure washer and using it all the way. The pressure washer will reduce the 4.5 gpm output of the cr to 1.5 gpm, therefore, almost tripling the life of the resin.
This always confuses me when I hear it. If the cartridge is attached inline after the water source and before the pressure washer and, I assume, flows at a much lower rate then a standard home water faucet, how do keep from water starving the pressure washer and burning up the pump ?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dadio
This always confuses me when I hear it. If the cartridge is attached inline after the water source and before the pressure washer and, I assume, flows at a much lower rate then a standard home water faucet, how do keep from water starving the pressure washer and burning up the pump ?
I use my 20" CR system with a 2.5gpm pressure washer without issues.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Imaj is on a distinguished road
Speaking of our wonderful spotless systems...Has anyone seen or tried this...

http://www.pwgazette.com/softeningcartridge.htm

Looks interesting. Moe...thoughts?

Old 09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Imaj is on a distinguished road
Sorry

Old 09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Imaj

That wont work with DI resin.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Imaj

The water cartridge shown in the link is SOFT water, not DEIONIZED water. As you can see, in a softening process Ca and Mg ions are exchanged for Na and Cl ions, basically salt water. DI is a bit more complicated as the resin exchanges the same Ca and Mg ions for H and OH, making H20...pure water as opposed to salt water.

The resins used for soft water and di water differ. Great FYI though.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Question. Is the reason to use the "flat" setting to basically reduce the output from the CR unit to the lower gpm usage settings, should your input be much higher than recommended?

Tx,
BobR

Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
In support of CR's customer service, I recently had a problem with my system (which was about a month old) in which the top, black part of the unit developed a leak where the 2 black pieces connect. I called them, they couldn't figure out what could be causing that, so they sent me out a new black piece to replace the defective one. I received it about a week later...

Old 11-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
Question. Is the reason to use the "flat" setting to basically reduce the output from the CR unit to the lower gpm usage settings, should your input be much higher than recommended?

Tx,
BobR
You're exactly correct Bob...the flat setting limits the amount of water that can come out. Your input should not be too much. Enough that you create a good spray pressure to rinse the car, not so much that it's almost like a full blast nozzle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Water Spots w/ CRSpotless???