Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Water Spots w/ CRSpotless???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:59 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Water Flow Rate
4 gallons per minute (GPM) through the larger units, and 2 gallons per minute (GPM) for the smaller unit; a typical pressure washer with wand, has an output of 1.5 GPM, by connecting the CR unit to a pressure washer, you now limit the unit's output to 1.5 GPM almost tripling the life of the resin.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:19 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Just ordered the DIC-20 from Moe. Very excited to give it a go (how sad that I'm so excited about spot free water)

Old 12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Just ordered the DIC-20 from Moe. Very excited to give it a go (how sad that I'm so excited about spot free water)
I get a thrill every time I wash cars and not have to worry about water spotting.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
nlpamg is on a distinguished road
so last week, my TDS meter was reading 50ppg.

I bought the resin refills and refilled the canister. I then let the water cycle through and I used it to wash my car... then, I rinsed it and didn't dry it, but rather, just put the car in the garage and when I woke up in the morning... SPOTS!!!!!

spots everywhere! now I have to polish it to get these damn hard water spots out.

I've used the right sprayer, I don't even have the garden hose going into full blast into the machine and I didn't even leave it in the sun.

I'm beginning to get really frustrated with this thing, especially since I spent so much on the machine and refills.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nlpamg

I bought the resin refills and refilled the canister. I then let the water cycle through and I used it to wash my car... then, I rinsed it and didn't dry it, but rather, just put the car in the garage and when I woke up in the morning... SPOTS!!!!!

spots everywhere! now I have to polish it to get these damn hard water spots out.

I've used the right sprayer, I don't even have the garden hose going into full blast into the machine and I didn't even leave it in the sun.

I'm beginning to get really frustrated with this thing, especially since I spent so much on the machine and refills.
Question for you. (Because I have a DIC20). I think when the meter starts to read (30) is when it is about time to make the change? So was yours at 50 and then did the replace and had spots, or, was it at 50 and you have spots?

I've used mine a few times now, both darker cars and LOVE the results. Now, granted I do not wait for the water to dry but take the car back in the garage
and use my shopvac in reverse flow to blow it dry (great for the front doorjam areas that hold water plus around all of the molding, mirrors and lights). Purely amazing when drying with a nice microfiber towel............what is left.......... how "smooth" everything feels.

Last edited by KaamaCat; 02-02-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding information
Old 02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nlpamg

Give me a call when you have a moment...will try and diagnose your problem. CR is merely a housing for the resin that does all the work. There are no mechanical parts that go bad. It's merely a function of the resin, flow of water in AND out of the CR. We'll figure it out. It could also be a bad batch of resin as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Washed my car this afternoon. Thought everything was fine. Last time I checked the meter, it read '000'. Always thought this strange seeing as I've already used it several times and the water here is hard as rocks.....As I was getting ready to pull into the garage....SPOTS!!!!!! I said a few expletives and checked the meter again...'000'. Pressed it again and all of a sudden it equilibrated to '162ppm'!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek : WTF?!!?!

Proceeded to whip out a handful of microfiber towels and detail spray to dry that sucker off as fast as possible.

Bit disappointed in how fast that resin went bad. But the water here is absolutely terrible, so I guess I should have expected it. Will have to reinspect later and make sure I got the spots out. Hopefully nothing will require polishing....Needless to say, I just ordered the bulk resin packs from Moe.

As far as the meter, WORDS OF WARNING: I thought I just had to press it once. Apparently you need to push it to turn it on then a few times to get an accurate reading.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Premium Sponsor
Washed my car this afternoon. Thought everything was fine. Last time I checked the meter, it read '000'. Always thought this strange seeing as I've already used it several times and the water here is hard as rocks.....As I was getting ready to pull into the garage....SPOTS!!!!!! I said a few expletives and checked the meter again...'000'. Pressed it again and all of a sudden it equilibrated to '162ppm'!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek : WTF?!!?!

Proceeded to whip out a handful of microfiber towels and detail spray to dry that sucker off as fast as possible.

Bit disappointed in how fast that resin went bad. But the water here is absolutely terrible, so I guess I should have expected it. Will have to reinspect later and make sure I got the spots out. Hopefully nothing will require polishing....Needless to say, I just ordered the bulk resin packs from Moe.

As far as the meter, WORDS OF WARNING: I thought I just had to press it once. Apparently you need to push it to turn it on then a few times to get an accurate reading.
Give me a call...we'll need to troubleshoot some things. You shouldn't have any water spots from a brand new unit.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Give me a call...we'll need to troubleshoot some things. You shouldn't have any water spots from a brand new unit.
Thx for the help, Moe. Be sure to post up how we can use the meter to check our own water. I imagine I'll probably only get 5-10 good washes out of a DIC-20

Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
I'd surely hope many many more than that.........(On mine, I just press 1x and the meter turns on. If pressed a second time it will turn off.........vs the automatic shut-off). I've also been using the fan-mode on the nozzle...........but, I dont seem to go thru much water at all for the total process.........lets say 5gals in the bucket, and can not imagine 5gals more during any rinse.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thx for the help, Moe. Be sure to post up how we can use the meter to check our own water. I imagine I'll probably only get 5-10 good washes out of a DIC-20
Sounds good. As we discussed, you have extremely hard water and as a result, the resin has to work hard to filter everything. Here's a table of input/output based on TDS readings:

Input TDS Level______ Expected Yield (# of Gallons)
50 ppm _____________ 1600 gallons
100 ppm ______________800 gallons
200 ppm _____________400 gallons
400 ppm
_____________ 200 gallons

Last edited by MoeMistry; 02-27-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
I've used it three times now, amazing. So weird to not dry your car off and it looks perfect! Got the foam cannon too... very cool. I used to hate washing cars because of the result... Funny what a little knowledge and some technology will do for you!

Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Thanks to Moe and CR

I ordered the DIC-20 system from Moe and received it in less than one week...bonus number one.

I hooked it up on Sunday and proceeded to bombard my 996tt with water and various P21S products. I'm in SW Florida, where the tap water is basically calcium with a little H2O thrown in . I was soooooo skeptical... Black car, full sun...and NO SPOTS . Holy cow, this thing actually works as advertised. When I was done with the final rinse I just let it sit there--I knew I was either going to have a spot-free car or a hell of a polishing project coming up. No spots. Not on the black paint, not on the glass. I am impressed. I think I will add an electric leaf blower to my arsenal just so I can speed up the drying time, but not having to worry about spots forming is a huge time saver .

Thanks Moe and CR for providing such a great solution!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
I see everyone is using the DIC-20. Would it be ok to use this model?

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=2&item=374509

Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
I would ask Moe in the detailing forum. Its either fine but won't last as long, or not enough to filter it properly.... Mine drops it down to zero parts per million...pretty cool. Same as the distiller I have in the house.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Water Spots w/ CRSpotless???