Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

My CR Spotless exploded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:37 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
My CR Spotless exploded

Thought I'd clean the car for the new year. Busted out the CR. My last wash was a bit iffy as I thought I was getting a few spots. A bit premature as I just changed the resin a little while ago. But the water is a very hard here, so I thought it best to check the meter. Ran some water through it and it read in the 400's!!! What the heck? How could it be that bad already?
Well, I had one more pair of bulk resin bags left so I unscrewed the filters and lo and behold, one of them completely exploded inside of the blue canister.

Took it out and found this

The little white dohicky broke off the bottom of the clear plastic canister and leaked all of the resin into the blue canister.

Moe, I purchased this from you maybe a year ago. I certainly don't blame you for this, but I hope you can help me out.

All I can say is it's a good thing I checked before I started washing or I would have had a black car covered in hard water with no way of getting it off Guess I'll have to go into the new year with a filthy car

Old 12-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Thought I'd clean the car for the new year. Busted out the CR. My last wash was a bit iffy as I thought I was getting a few spots. A bit premature as I just changed the resin a little while ago. But the water is a very hard here, so I thought it best to check the meter. Ran some water through it and it read in the 400's!!! What the heck? How could it be that bad already?
Well, I had one more pair of bulk resin bags left so I unscrewed the filters and lo and behold, one of them completely exploded inside of the blue canister.

Took it out and found this

The little white dohicky broke off the bottom of the clear plastic canister and leaked all of the resin into the blue canister.

Moe, I purchased this from you maybe a year ago. I certainly don't blame you for this, but I hope you can help me out.

All I can say is it's a good thing I checked before I started washing or I would have had a black car covered in hard water with no way of getting it off Guess I'll have to go into the new year with a filthy car
Not a problem. Once in a blue moon, this happens. I'll have a new canister sent to you at no charge.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:46 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Not a problem. Once in a blue moon, this happens. I'll have a new canister sent to you at no charge.
Well if that isn't the quickest service I've ever seen! Thanks a million, Moe! Everyone: Buy with confidence from Glistening Perfection! Rep to you sir!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:49 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Agree!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Well if that isn't the quickest service I've ever seen! Thanks a million, Moe! Everyone: Buy with confidence from Glistening Perfection! Rep to you sir!
Thank you Sir for the kind words. We appreciate your business and would want someone else to do the same for us if we were in your shoes. Enjoy using your CR and detailing your car.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 PM
alexstjo is on a distinguished road
wow might have to drop auto geek all together if you keep this up Moe!

Old 01-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by alexstjo
wow might have to drop auto geek all together if you keep this up Moe!
There are things smaller companies that specialize in this niche can offer that the bigger guys can't. We pride ourselves on the one-on-one customer service we offer. If given the opportunity, we're always competitive price wise and offer world-class customer service that's unmatched. Both of which are great value for the consumer!!

We appreicate your business too. How's your CR working out?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:40 PM
alexstjo is on a distinguished road
thanks for asking. I have used it at least 6 times now. Love it. Best money spent.

Now I really could use help picking out a wax. Used zaino z5 today and while I liked it alot on my silver 350z I don't care for it on my macadamia 997. I would like the paint to look thick. I think the macadamia color is a hard one to pick a wax for.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
There are things smaller companies that specialize in this niche can offer that the bigger guys can't. We pride ourselves on the one-on-one customer service we offer. If given the opportunity, we're always competitive price wise and offer world-class customer service that's unmatched. Both of which are great value for the consumer!!

We appreicate your business too. How's your CR working out?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:47 PM
agentf1 will become famous soon enoughagentf1 will become famous soon enough
thanks for asking. I have used it at least 6 times now. Love it. Best money spent.

Now I really could use help picking out a wax. Used zaino z5 today and while I liked it alot on my silver 350z I don't care for it on my macadamia 997. I would like the paint to look thick. I think the macadamia color is a hard one to pick a wax for.
Give Z2p a try, it has a completely different look than Z5p. I think it s clearer brighter look. You could also try topping with Z8 or CS/Z8.

Or you could go a complete different route and try a nuba but there are trade offs there IMHO. While I use a lot of the high end nuba's and like their look I hate their sweating on the dark colors in the heat. I like SV Concorso or one of the Zymol waxes for their looks. Or SN. Personally I think a nice CS/Z8 topper will make you happy.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Premium Sponsor

Give P21S 100% and Paint Cleanser a try. Much simpler process than zaino and it gives you a warmer look and more depth. I think that's what you're after. If you want to increase the durability, just apply three layers of the wax. You can then use a spray wax like Sonax to maintain the finish after each wash.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:45 AM
JoeinLA is on a distinguished road
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: CR Spotless is the BEST car care product out there. Makes life so much easier.

If anyone's thinking about buying one, definitely do it. I can't believe you'd regret it.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Just a little update
Just got my replacement cartridge a few days ago. Took about 2 weeks to get the FIRST replacement (Moe's a busy guy, that ain't a bad thing). Opened the box to find the cartridge broken with resin spilled all over the place
Moe promptly got CR to send me a SECOND one 2 day air. Got it in a well-padded box this time around. Eureka! Finally washed my neglected turbo yesterday caked with 6 weeks of dust, dirt, and shop grime

Moe, you were absolutely correct in that Murphy was having a field day with me. But all is once again good in the clean car world. Thanks!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Premium Sponsor
Just a little update
Just got my replacement cartridge a few days ago. Took about 2 weeks to get the FIRST replacement (Moe's a busy guy, that ain't a bad thing). Opened the box to find the cartridge broken with resin spilled all over the place
Moe promptly got CR to send me a SECOND one 2 day air. Got it in a well-padded box this time around. Eureka! Finally washed my neglected turbo yesterday caked with 6 weeks of dust, dirt, and shop grime

Moe, you were absolutely correct in that Murphy was having a field day with me. But all is once again good in the clean car world. Thanks!
I'm just happy this all finally got settled and you finally got to wash your car. Cheers.