Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Red S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
oppiefive is on a distinguished road
Red S

So, I did it pulled the trigger on a 2005 C2S Cab Gt silver. Would like to paint the rear S Red.. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
My only advice is to find the best body shop you can. Maybe Moe can help you with that.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oppiefive
So, I did it pulled the trigger on a 2005 C2S Cab Gt silver. Would like to paint the rear S Red.. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
Very easy. Get a new S from the dealer.

To remove the old S already on the car, put a piece of dental floss in between the S and the panel. Go back and forth until the adhesive is cut with the floss. Use goo gone gel to soak the adhesive and gently begin removing the old adhesive.

Sand it a bit to rough the surface. Spray on some red, let stand for a few hours, respray red, let stand for a day or so. Then shoot some clear on it. Let stand for a day. Then apply the emblem. Pretty easy and fun project.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dan1
My only advice is to find the best body shop you can. Maybe Moe can help you with that.
Thanks for the thought Dan

Old 04-26-2011, 05:13 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
In addition, I found it helpful to heat the area lightly (heat gun or hair dryer) directly before using the floss. It makes it much easier to remove.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:55 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by oppiefive

Thanks
Peter
Lazy man way, just buy one:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=997S_emblems

Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by 72offsuit
+1...i'd go this route.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Xendric is on a distinguished road
I like the dental floss way, never thought about it!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Xendric
I like the dental floss way, never thought about it!
If you have fishing line, it's the best. But dental floss always works like a charm and is readily available.