Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

GTechniq EXOv2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 PM
battagd is on a distinguished road
GTechniq EXOv2

Anyone have any experience with GTechniq EXOv2?

I had a local detailer correct the paint on my 2011 Jarez Black M3 and apply the GTechniq C1 + EXOv2. In the right light, the car looks amazing but at certain angles, streaks are visible.

I washed the car with GTechniq Gwash and it looks like the streaks are there to stay.

Is this something that requires a complete removal of the coating or is there any other way for them to correct it?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06435.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	259826   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06434.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	259827   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06436.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	259828  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I used EXO v1 without issue. The only thing I can think of is he waited too long to wipe off ans you have some hi spots. Since you are in Connecticut call GTech. They just opened a usa location in CT.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by battagd
Anyone have any experience with GTechniq EXOv2?

I had a local detailer correct the paint on my 2011 Jarez Black M3 and apply the GTechniq C1 + EXOv2. In the right light, the car looks amazing but at certain angles, streaks are visible.

I washed the car with GTechniq Gwash and it looks like the streaks are there to stay.

Is this something that requires a complete removal of the coating or is there any other way for them to correct it?

Thanks!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:42 PM
TimAD is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately those are high spots that were not correctly leveled before curing. Now that the coating has been cured and topped with EXOv2 the only way to remove those will be to strip the coating and or lightly polish them from the surface.

Any coating from Opti Coat to GTechniq will have this effect if not leveled properly before curing.

Best of luck.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 AM
My detailer is going to polish it out but does polishing have any negative effect
on the coating itself?

I've read that you're not supposed to use a quick detailer or any product that will leave anything behind (gloss enhancers, polymers, etc) since it will reduce the effectiveness of the EXO.

Is there some special polish used to level these high spots out?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Polishing removes some of the coating. Think of polish like sanding only on a more microscopic level. Polish's that cut off the high sport will also remove some of the remaining coating. If you paid for a coating. You should get the guy who botched the application to re-coat the whole car otherwise he may have removed a good portion or all of what you paid for.

My detailer is going to polish it out but does polishing have any negative effect
on the coating itself?

I've read that you're not supposed to use a quick detailer or any product that will leave anything behind (gloss enhancers, polymers, etc) since it will reduce the effectiveness of the EXO.

Is there some special polish used to level these high spots out?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:05 PM
The detailer removed the coating and reworked the whole car. Before doing this, the owner spent alot of time with the GTechniq guys here in CT to figure out what went wrong.

After the re-coating, the car turned out incredible.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Please post after the first time you see it wet, drive in the rain and wash it. Literally nothing sticks to the EXO.

I cannot wait to coat my daily driver once I find a whole day to dedicate to it. Been fixing spending free time getting my house back in shape after the hurricane.

The detailer removed the coating and reworked the whole car. Before doing this, the owner spent alot of time with the GTechniq guys here in CT to figure out what went wrong.

After the re-coating, the car turned out incredible.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Curious to how much different is the Gtechnique EXO?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:19 PM
radarryan is on a distinguished road
I had the same thing happen on my 911. I've been in touch with GTechniq regarding the problem and hopefully we will get it all worked out.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Ptek Will is on a distinguished road
Exo is good stuff. The main difference is application. Exo comes in an spray can vs Exov2 comes in a bottle. You can cover more area with a bottle of v2 compared to the spray bottle, however the spray bottle can be applied to your carpet, headliner, and even your shoes if you want.

The streaking problems are common. The coating itself is very hard to see on the surface of the paint and is very easy to miss a spot while you are removing the product. Correction requires polishing and of course reapplication. Once a bottle is open though, keep it refrigerated or it will only be effective if applied within 2 weeks of opening.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:28 AM
I used the EXO v2 this weekend and it worked amazing. After using this product I can say that I beleive that the marks left on you car were the result of an application that was left too long before it was leveled. I washed, decon'd the car, polished the whole car, wiped with a 15% mix of IPA and distilled water, applied 2 coats of EXO v2 to all paint and wheels, opttiglass on windshield and lenses and EXO v2 on side glass.

Here are a few Pictures of the results I got..............

Attached Images