Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

detail and swirl mark removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:55 PM
adrianspeedster is on a distinguished road
detail and swirl mark removal

What do you guys think of the Ziano Stuff?
I have a 89 speedster in black and have many swirl marks on it. Would the below steps take care of the swirl mark and give me a wet shine?
1. wash with dawn
2. Clay with Zaino Z18 claybar
3. wash again with Zaino car wash
4. Use a DA polisher and apply polish (Which polish do you guys recommand to remove swirl marks?) with meguiar 8006 pad.
5. Apply polish agian by hand (is it needed for such a old car?)
6. Then wax.. (wax recommandation?)

Thanks guys.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:32 AM
tdekany is on a distinguished road
zpc is very mild especially with a pc.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:08 PM
What would you suggest?

Old 02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeedster
What would you suggest?
the most user friendly polish is made by Optimum. Their new Optimum Hyper compound finishes off fantastic, yet cuts 100x better then zpc.

After getting the finish flawless you can use ZPC before applying your protection.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:38 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
you can also check out autogeek.net and autogeekonline.net, and find out everything you wanna know about detailing

Old 02-17-2007, 04:40 PM
thanks for the info. I will give that a try next week and let you guys know how it came out.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:47 PM
you'll need a yellow cutting pad first or Meg's burgundy pad. A polishing pad will not cut it.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:13 PM
ProDetail is on a distinguished road
to properly remove swirl marks takes both skill and patience, first you have to identify how deep the swirls are. If the swirls are to deep you will need to use a high speed polisher to properly remove them. I would start with the DA and test a small area and use a halogen light or flashlight to check if the swirls were completely removed (remember always start with a less aggressive pad and polish you could always go more aggressive). The most important thing to do is take your time in the polishing stage only then will get the best optical appearence out of your paint As far as a compound goes I would try the Menzerna line, start with there intensive polish and work your way done to te Final polish II as far as pads go you could use a orange pad from Lake county with the IP and a white pad from LC with the FPII I have been Detailing high end cars for 10 years and have found great results with them. I hope this helps,as far as wax goes get some zymol and call it a day

Old 02-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tdekany
you'll need a yellow cutting pad first or Meg's burgundy pad. A polishing pad will not cut it.
You gotta get with the times and use Lake Country pads ....the best I've used and I used the SoftBuff pads for almost 5 years. I find the LC pads work the polish better and are more consistant. They also last about 4-5 polishes for me; I use to use a pad every time I used the Meg SB pads.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ProDetail
to properly remove swirl marks takes both skill and patience, first you have to identify how deep the swirls are. If the swirls are to deep you will need to use a high speed polisher to properly remove them. I would start with the DA and test a small area and use a halogen light or flashlight to check if the swirls were completely removed (remember always start with a less aggressive pad and polish you could always go more aggressive). The most important thing to do is take your time in the polishing stage only then will get the best optical appearence out of your paint As far as a compound goes I would try the Menzerna line, start with there intensive polish and work your way done to te Final polish II as far as pads go you could use a orange pad from Lake county with the IP and a white pad from LC with the FPII I have been Detailing high end cars for 10 years and have found great results with them. I hope this helps,as far as wax goes get some zymol and call it a day
GREAT ADVICE!!!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
You gotta get with the times and use Lake Country pads ....the best I've used and I used the SoftBuff pads for almost 5 years. I find the LC pads work the polish better and are more consistant. They also last about 4-5 polishes for me; I use to use a pad every time I used the Meg SB pads.
Not sure if you mean me, but if yes, I only use LC pads.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by tdekany
Not sure if you mean me, but if yes, I only use LC pads.
On your previous post you recommended Meguiar's yellow and burgundy pads. I didn't know if you use them or recommend them. Either way, I think LC pads are the best out there that I know of. How do you ike this forum td? It's a bit different than rennlist. I also like Anthony's new forum...it'll be a lot of fun to talk shop.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
On your previous post you recommended Meguiar's yellow and burgundy pads. I didn't know if you use them or recommend them. Either way, I think LC pads are the best out there that I know of. How do you ike this forum td? It's a bit different than rennlist. I also like Anthony's new forum...it'll be a lot of fun to talk shop.
I said: *you'll need a yellow cutting pad first or Meg's burgundy pad.*

I didn't know that Meg's made a yellow cutting pad as well.

Well I am new to both forums, but unfortunately neither is like autopia

Hopefully Anthony's forum will succeed.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:00 AM
TT Tommy is on a distinguished road
this is the magic combo for your car:

Wash with blue Dawn detergent
clay
wash with z- 7
machine (orbital) with Menzerna IP
machine with z-pc
seal with z-5 pro
Finish with Natty's Blue for dark cars

Plan on all day to do this properly

tw

Old 03-21-2007, 10:48 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Ditto on the menzerna polishing products. great stuff. it's a very mild polish so you may need a slightly more aggressive pad as the others suggested.

I prefer to use rejex for my final coat. May not be the deepest shine out there, but it lasts forever and the dirt washes off so easily....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: detail and swirl mark removal