Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Is a scuderia a good 3 - 6 year "investment"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WyattH

For the price they are offering it you, I'd say it's a good deal. Will it appreciate? No. Will it depreciate less than your current F-car? Yes.
Have to agree here as well. Granted I really know nothing about your financial position, but IF I were in the same situation, I would seriously mull over whether the differences between the scud and 430 are worth the cost. At best you will find you lose less money in depreciation, but I wouldn't expect any sort of return; in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the reduced depreciation was already offset by the increased cost of buying the scud+ cost of running it (presumably it's more than a standard 430??)

I may sound like a broken record at this point, but I honestly my first choice would be putting the money to work, as your current 430 is hardly anything to feel bored with when driving around. Then again, if you don't really need the money to be there working for you and it's like a drop in the bucket, then by all means go for the scud. Just let me get a ride in the car, whatever you choose

Old 09-18-2008, 06:44 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SiNzz
Have to agree here as well. Granted I really know nothing about your financial position, but IF I were in the same situation, I would seriously mull over whether the differences between the scud and 430 are worth the cost. At best you will find you lose less money in depreciation, but I wouldn't expect any sort of return; in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the reduced depreciation was already offset by the increased cost of buying the scud+ cost of running it (presumably it's more than a standard 430??)

I may sound like a broken record at this point, but I honestly my first choice would be putting the money to work, as your current 430 is hardly anything to feel bored with when driving around. Then again, if you don't really need the money to be there working for you and it's like a drop in the bucket, then by all means go for the scud. Just let me get a ride in the car, whatever you choose
All Scud owners I've talked to (really talked to, not just read on boards) are VERY happy with their cars and think it is a great value compared to the F430. Most already have lots of money working for them and the difference in purchase price wouldn't make enough of a difference to outweigh the enjoyment that the Scud brings them.

(And all owners I know paid list on the Scud, not even the discount rate that this thread is based on )

Old 09-18-2008, 07:20 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by me&you
Most already have lots of money working for them and the difference in purchase price wouldn't make enough of a difference to outweigh the enjoyment that the Scud brings them.

(
Exactly. As I said I can't pretend to know anything about the op's financial situation. I suppose if you've got the dough to think about this car then investing the difference between the standard car and the scud won't be a deal breaker. I guess one has to remember that purchasing these cars is largely an emotional choice, unless it's some limited production or vintage car like a Ferrari GTO, F40 etc...

Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Is Mr Openroad's the one at LMC? Stopped by there yesterday, it was lovely.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 PM
jg08 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WyattH
Is Mr Openroad's the one at LMC? Stopped by there yesterday, it was lovely.

Yup, that's the one.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:08 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a really good deal. Buy it and drive it. Regardless of the value, the appreciation comes from the driving the car. It's what brings you joy and good health.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Can't use the terms investment for it, we all spend money on cars. For 100K different, you don't even have to think twice. Go for it!!

Last edited by Ray; 09-20-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:14 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Why not buy the car because you WANT it? This sux for me because if I had the money I would buy the car the way I want it and rive it whenever I want. Why do so many people buy a ferrari and hope to not lose a lot of money? You have plenty of money if you can afford one so why not drive it more and enjoy it considering you spent so much money on it? Why spend money on it and let it sit? Thats the real waste of money. I am not critizing anyone but I just never got this. Maybe this is why I will never get one. You never know and if I do I am DRIVING IT not parking it and looking at it.