Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Buying 430... HELP

Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
--- Make sure it has F1.
I agree with mostly eveything you stated with the exception of the F1.

It's a neat trick but after it has aged a bit it's a 1st class problem source.

I am strong proponent of 3 pedal cars.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gcalo
I agree with mostly eveything you stated with the exception of the F1.

It's a neat trick but after it has aged a bit it's a 1st class problem source.

I am strong proponent of 3 pedal cars.

Could be true. I had mine about a year and would have never had trouble due to minimal miles. I drove it hard and used the F1 hard, but 2k miles would not be a problem. Long term owners would know more than I.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
The only thing that is holding me back from taking the 08 spider is the interior options. It doesn't have any contrasting stitching, no carbon steering wheel and door jambs/console, no challenge grille, no carbon engine bay and no colored inserts in the daytona seats.

I know none of these options has anything to do with the performance. But these options makes the car look so much nicer...

Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
The 06 is optioned perfect, but it is clearly overpriced. Ebay has several below 200k with comparable miles. I bet one could be purchased cheap directly at the dealer right now. There are tons of them out there, and I sure wouldn't limit my choices 2 the 2 you have given us that are 430's. If the market was stronger, I would be all over the 599. I looked at one when they came out, and dealer wanted high $600's. The dealer sold it for that. Few people in the world get the opportunity to purchase that car at MSRP, but the economy has clouded the decision making of every one.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Have you been drinking, dude?

Have you heard of aftermarket parts?

If the stitching is not contrasting is that going to diminish the car's enjoyment? Get a life.

Look at the vehicle for what it is and for what you can alter to your taste. You can have the challenge grille added. Very few 430's are sold with the challenge grille.

I really think you are looking for an excuse not to buy a car.

Get with the program, take an asprin, and stop asking questions and do serious thinking.

If not, buy a Ford Focus!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
I'm just a really **** person, I like my things exactly the way I want them. Personal preference and values..

Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I would say there is far more to it than that!

Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Have you been drinking, dude?

Have you heard of aftermarket parts?

If the stitching is not contrasting is that going to diminish the car's enjoyment? Get a life.

Look at the vehicle for what it is and for what you can alter to your taste. You can have the challenge grille added. Very few 430's are sold with the challenge grille.

I really think you are looking for an excuse not to buy a car.

Get with the program, take an asprin, and stop asking questions and do serious thinking.

If not, buy a Ford Focus!
I think you should give the OP a break and not be so condescending. It sounds like this is a "dream" purchase so why "settle" if it isn't right. Not having the interior the way you want it does diminish the enjoyment. Obviously not the driving enjoyment, but as we all (mostly) know, the esthetic is part of the package.

Lighten up, take a Valium, and stop trying to force your obviously narrow view on the guy.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Gcalo, sorry I think you need to calm down. A purchase like this should take a lot into consideration. Not just settling for something. I agree with the OP - contrasting stitching adds a whole lot. The interior is - dare I say it - a bit dull in plain form. Nothing screams exotic in it. But with color inserts in the Daytonas, or stitching, or nice trim, it really spices it up. I also happen to LOVE the challenge grill, and doubt it can be added as easily as on a 360.

However, I would still lean towards the Spider as the better value - ESP after now learning that Ceramic brakes are standard on 08+ cars.
The 06 does seem overpriced. At $200K it would be a tough comparison indeed. But at $225K, I would take the Spider. That is, if you love top-down as much as I do.

--- And CF airboxes and interior pieces are available aftermarket. I drool over Novitec goodies.

Last edited by WyattH; 09-27-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:14 PM
WJG23G is on a distinguished road
are you getting rid of your g35 coupe then david?

i'm guessing this won't be for up at school. cold up there, plus parking is probably lousy.

quite a jump from talk about upgrading to the new m3. congrats

look forward to seeing you at uaa's.

Will

Old 09-28-2008, 02:37 PM
how's it going will?

didn't know you were up here. sold the coupe right before school ended. you have a pm in about 2 minutes!

d.su

Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
pwnobh4 is on a distinguished road
Hi, i'm from so cal too. i hav a frd who is willing to sell his 06 430 spider. F1.red/tan 7k miles on for 240k. pm me if u interested

Old 09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
AZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to behold
another option

dsu, call John Schlitt at Scottsdale Ferrari, they just got in a black black 430 you might be interested in.
I just got my scud and I would stay away from the 599 and multiple owner cars.
John is the sales manager and a really good guy, plus they are motivated to lighten their inventory.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by AZ997TT
dsu, call John Schlitt at Scottsdale Ferrari, they just got in a black black 430 you might be interested in.
I just got my scud and I would stay away from the 599 and multiple owner cars.
John is the sales manager and a really good guy, plus they are motivated to lighten their inventory.
Thanks bud. I'll give John a call. How do you like the scuderia? Any comparison between the RS and the Scud? Two of my favorite cars. Wish I can get an allocation for a scud... or even a RS....

Enjoy in good health =)

Old 09-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Tried to call John today, but he's not in. The sales I talked to told me they don't have a black black 430. I guess, I'll call back tomorrow to find out.

Is it your car AZ997TT? Do you know what year? Milage? Options? and MSRP of the car?

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying 430... HELP