Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

1/24 fujimi 430 challenge with pics..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:14 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
1/24 fujimi 430 challenge with pics..

hey guys..wanted to share my 1/24 fujimi 430 challenge model...ange barde (driver)

i got the model in jan and finished around 8 months later at the end of august...
everything you see is scratched built besides the base model...as many of you know fujimi is not as detailed as say a tamiya so i ended up fabricating alot of extras to make it more pleasing to the eye...unfortunately, many of the interior stuff i did is no longer in plain sight after i had fixed the body to the chasis but as all model builders know, it feels good just to know that you did it accurately.

things that were added or scratch built include: the interior wiring, seat belts, box/switch, carbon on the tranny tunnel and on the paddle shifters and the back of the seat shell, tape over vents, cool air ducting, roll bar padding, steering wheel wiring, steering wheel track map and orientation tape, rear jack stand, rear exhaust pipes, carbon on the rear window struts, the rear plastic "glass" decklid was not used. instead, i fashioned one out of real plastic found from the plastic wrapping of a headphone product..

the diorama is also scratchbuilt on a lucite base from home depot cut to specification. the retaining wall from styrene and weathered and the retaining fence from home depot and weathered...the glass cover was cut from thin 1/16 glass again from home depot and held together by clear rubber epoxy....track light again from home depot....hope everyone likes it...

Ross

Attached Images      
Old 11-01-2008, 02:15 PM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
continued

Attached Images      
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 PM
RPM
last two pics

Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
That's some great work man!

Old 11-03-2008, 03:16 PM
RPM
thanks bro...i appreciate it

Old 11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
Great work. I recently got back into scale modeling myself.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
SSMCL-S6 is on a distinguished road
used to collect model cars and i am currently studying architecture which includes many scaled models so i can really appreciate what you have done!! nice job!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
dial 911 is on a distinguished road
beautiful work! i can only dream of my car models to turning out like that.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
You, my friend have a lot of patience. Nice work!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
humveelat is on a distinguished road
Great work mate. Looks so nice.