Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Why is the build quality on the 430 so poor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Dave made good statements.

Ferrari is about automotive history and bridging between race car and street car.

They are fabulous and I see no quality problems with my 360.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the Kudos Gcalo.....

I'm not sure why everyone is getting into a pissing match???

Ahhhhh.....we all love our cars (and brands) don't we??

This is nothing like one of the vette guys going off on the 911 forum.... now that's fun to watch.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
If one has never owned Ferrari there is a lack of understanding.

The cars are very different, evoke tremendous feeling, and attract a ton of attention.

Let the Corvette guys have thier fun.

Who cares?

Old 03-22-2009, 12:03 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Francesco
Mercedes makes some of the biggest POS's on the market. I much rather have a Ferrari.
Buddy, I so want to put that in my signature!!

All F430s I've been around closely were amazing, nothing short.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 PM
2quik is an unknown quantity at this point
Although we (car enthusiasts) would all love to own a F-car one day (if you don't already have one). It's just not practical for everyday driving. You can't go more than 10k-15k miles on a F-car w/o having to spend thousands of dollars on maintenance. Unless you're defecating dollar bills, it is just so much more practical to have a Porsche or a Benz that does not require the up-keep of a F-car.

I think in that sense the F-car is an inferior build.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I like Ferrari's but don't think I would own one until I could buy a brand new one....

Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2quik
I think in that sense the F-car is an inferior build.
Yes, you have to pay to play.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
It's just not practical for everyday driving.
And SUVs are not fuel efficient, oh and sky is blue and roses are red. Thanks for the news flash!

It's a race car for the street, it's not meant to be daily driven or practical or cheap to maintain. Where is the common sense? Or are people just bitter because they don't own one?

You can still find flaws in the world's most beautiful looking woman. End of discussion.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
2quik is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ekam
And SUVs are not fuel efficient, oh and sky is blue and roses are red. Thanks for the news flash!

It's a race car for the street, it's not meant to be daily driven or practical or cheap to maintain. Where is the common sense? Or are people just bitter because they don't own one?

You can still find flaws in the world's most beautiful looking woman. End of discussion.
Well Ekam,
the topic is about the "inferior build of ferrari". Thank YOU for the newsflash of what we already know (that it's an expensive piece of machinery). But why, for all that money can they NOT figure out how to get it to last longer than 10k miles w/o a new clutch? now stfu and pay attention

Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
Well Ekam,
the topic is about the "inferior build of ferrari". Thank YOU for the newsflash of what we already know (that it's an expensive piece of machinery). But why, for all that money can they NOT figure out how to get it to last longer than 10k miles w/o a new clutch? now stfu and pay attention
And engines from F1 cars go through a rebuild after every race. I'm sorry but your ignorant comments offer no insight to the discussion.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
Ive never owned a ferrari, but I dont think I would want anything changed with how they are built. These cars are purpose built, I doubt they give a crap whether or not you can carry your golf clubs in it. Its an extreme car with one thing in mind...performance. That may be apparent with regards to lack of attention to minor finish details. There are plenty of cars out there that can do a bit of everything i.e my 996tt...but this car does one thing extremely well. I think thats awesome.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
328 is on a distinguished road
well, This is a racing machine! ^__^

Old 03-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by soothsayer
Ive never owned a ferrari, but I dont think I would want anything changed with how they are built. These cars are purpose built, I doubt they give a crap whether or not you can carry your golf clubs in it. Its an extreme car with one thing in mind...performance. That may be apparent with regards to lack of attention to minor finish details. There are plenty of cars out there that can do a bit of everything i.e my 996tt...but this car does one thing extremely well. I think thats awesome.
I somewhat disagree. What would you say about something like the LP560, R8V10, GT2, that perform just as well AND do "more", with better quality/reliability, etc?

I think the Ferrari performs well, but it's also an experience. Just cannot describe that. But they aren't the BEST performing vehicles.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Agreed, an ACR Viper could do everything a Ferrari does better and be utterly reliable. With Ferrari, its about the intangibles...its about the heritage, the provenance nad the experience!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I like Ferrari's but don't think I would own one until I could buy a brand new one....
I'm in this boat also, but the problem I'm having is I really like some of the older Ferrari's than the new ones. I think the 80's and early 90's produced some of the best Ferrari's, especially with the f40, f50 & 512's. When I can afford one, I'm not quit sure if I will go new or used.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why is the build quality on the 430 so poor?