Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Why is the build quality on the 430 so poor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WyattH
Buddy, I so want to put that in my signature!!

All F430s I've been around closely were amazing, nothing short.
You should.

F430's are very nice. I really like them alot more than the 360.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WyattH
I somewhat disagree. What would you say about something like the LP560, R8V10, GT2, that perform just as well AND do "more", with better quality/reliability, etc?

I think the Ferrari performs well, but it's also an experience. Just cannot describe that. But they aren't the BEST performing vehicles.
You are comparing the reliability of a r8v10 (never hit the ground in the US) and the LP560 one year in, to the 4 year old F430's? The only car in your list that you can call reliable is the gt2. Porsche makes only subtle changes year in and year out to the 911 platform keeping this car as the top dog Daily Driver Sportscar.

The r8v10 isn't here. You won't know for 4 years How reliable this vehicle will be. How can you even discuss yearly maintenance? The r8's haven't even been here long enough to get some of the "old" Audi thoughts out of new car buyers heads. Audi's done a fantastic job with their new designs and cars. I hope they are as good as they look. So you can't bring them into this equation either. The LP560's heritage is the gallardo. They breakdown a lot. I've seen them with 500 miles sitting on the side of the road dead and waiting for a flatdeck home.

High end cars are funny. They all have quirks. My Ferrari's each have their own little thing. My Porsche's the same. My Mini rattles not any different then my gt3rs. Cars rattle. Cars creak. Cars are all different.

The build of everyone of my Ferrari's has been good. My 08 is the finest example by far. It's got no flaws except the factory shocks are to soft for high speed cornering. The handling is pure Ferrari. Through town at 25 or through the mountains at 155. They handle like they are meant to handle. It's a heritage yes. Are they the best performers? No.

No one can compare the Hyundai feel of a Mercedes Benz to a Ferrari. They aren't in the same league and resale proves this. MB pricing drops faster than a Lambo off of a bridge. They have no resale because they have no soul or quality to compare to the high end cars. I'd love to see that stat someone earlier said that 6000 E Classes are built in 3 days. 2000 E classes a day? I can't believe MB makes that many cars a day. That's a lot of cars.

flygirl or whatever where did you here that MB makes more E classes in 3 days then Ferrari makes cars all year?

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Agreed, an ACR Viper could do everything a Ferrari does better and be utterly reliable. With Ferrari, its about the intangibles...its about the heritage, the provenance nad the experience!
Funny "germeezy1" you are a Ferrari BASHER in the NW section but in this thread you want one. Let's make up our mind.

Have you driven a Viper? They aren't a comparable car. Possibly performance with a ProDriver only. Vipers handle worse than almost anything on the road. Except raw torque and straightaway speed they have no qualities. Fit and finish in one is Dodge. That's all that needs to be said.

Ferrari's have quirks but there fit and finish are very well done. They are a racecar for the road so they still don't have cup holders "damn it" but in the end it's a great cruise and the leather interior finish is in the top 5 in the world. They don't have Bentley Arnage finish but they take a Ferrari challenge off the tracks of American Lemans and make it something my girlfriend will ride in. That's something.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
H20 Skier, the question is have you ever driven a Viper ACR? I think there are a few people that would laugh at your notion of them being bad handling cars. There isn't a Ferrari in existence that can touch an ACR at the " Ring" except for the FXX.

I never bash Ferrari, I am a car enthusiasts not an elitist that some seem to be. Every car has it individual quirks, because I happen to like the qualities of Lamborghini's better is my opinion. It doesn't make me a moron because of it.

You have some amazing cars so I value your opinion, but it doesn't make you an expert on every car that exists. It also doesn't make every car that you don't like a piece of dog sh%t.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:36 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
H20 Skier, the question is have you ever driven a Viper ACR? I think there are a few people that would laugh at your notion of them being bad handling cars. There isn't a Ferrari in existence that can touch an ACR at the " Ring" except for the FXX.

I never bash Ferrari, I am a car enthusiasts not an elitist that some seem to be. Every car has it individual quirks, because I happen to like the qualities of Lamborghini's better is my opinion. It doesn't make me a moron because of it.

You have some amazing cars so I value your opinion, but it doesn't make you an expert on every car that exists. It also doesn't make every car that you don't like a piece of dog sh%t.
never been in an acr and never will be. i thought the acr wasn't stock for that run. Some supension mods, non stock seat and non stock tires. as I also stated a ProDriver can handle those cars. Vipers are a fricken handful to drive. To have confidence in that car is to really know it well. The 600 plus horsepower also helps in the straights without a doubt.

Funny thing is I like the looks of the Vipers. Won't ever own one.

yes Germeezy I dislike your murci's. It's all about the driving for me. It could be the prettiest car on the planet and I wouldn't like it if it didn't drive well for me.

John's Dark Royal Blue ( and I really dislike blue on anything ) lambo Murci with darked out glass and dark wheels is actually a very nice looking car. Too bright for my taste but it's a head turner for sure.

Looks aren't what cars are all about for me.

Ferrari Enzo I'll probably never drive and it's got pretty good specs but that car to me is one of the ugliest Ferrari's (or really any supercar ) made. I can't tell you how it handles though so I can't comment on the car except it's looks. I don't know that I could ever wrap myself around 1 plus million on a car so I'll just leave that one for the guys with 100's of millions to play.

Corvette ZR1 I'd love to drive someday. That's a fantastic car for the money. Again wouldn't own it because of it's stigma and old man appeal. It's too bad it's gotta be good.

In the end Vipers and Corvettes all don't hold a candle to the fit and finish of the Ferrari's and that's what this thread is about. Ferrari's are finished off as they should be. Beauty and Performance wrapped in one box. The Aerial Atom has rocket speed and cornering almost unmatched but I sure wouldn't want to pick up my girlfriend in one.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Everything you just said would be better prefaced by IMO. And I enjoy the stigma of driving and old white guys car, and not being an old white guy.

I also enjoy turning elitist drivers into specks in my rearview mirror, but that's another story.

And as far as supercars go, you want reliable transportation go buy a Toyota. When you truly don't care what people's opinion is of you and don't spend your life trying to impress random people. Then and only then will you really be able to enjoy a car for its performance outside of its image.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:02 AM
[quote=H20SKIER;2319731]

yes Germeezy I dislike your murci's. It's all about the driving for me. It could be the prettiest car on the planet and I wouldn't like it if it didn't drive well for me.

Looks aren't what cars are all about for me.

Ferrari Enzo I'll probably never drive and it's got pretty good specs but that car to me is one of the ugliest Ferrari's (or really any supercar ) made. I can't tell you how it handles though so I can't comment on the car except it's looks.

Corvette ZR1 I'd love to drive someday. That's a fantastic car for the money. Again wouldn't own it because of it's stigma and old man appeal. It's too bad it's gotta be good.

Wait a minute so you make the 1st and 2nd statements but won't drive an Enzo because of how bad it looks? Looks aren't everything and your concern is how a car drives but you wouldn't get a ZR1 because of what other people think about it? I am confused here?

Old 03-27-2009, 12:27 AM
i wouldn't drive an enzo because of the cost. 1.2 to 1.5 million and just not attractive.

i wouldn't own a corvette because i don't like the looks and it's always been the old man car. sorry. it's in my blood. unfortunately is the view of Many. i'm sure you're not the gold chain wearing typical corvette guy. the new corvette's really kick *** though.

i'm far from an elitist driver. i enjoy all cars. i've spent a lot of hours leaving people in my rearview mirror.

Hell i spend most of my week driving the 50-60 year old lady car to my office and back in my Mini and I'm sure lot's of people dislike them.

I won't own a beautiful car if it drives like **** or a car I don't like the looks of if it can lap the ring in 5 minutes. life's too short.

YEP all my opinion.

didn't try to strike a chord with the corvette I didn't know you owned one it was just a really good example of a spectacular car with the wrong reputation. 99 of 100 people will think a 40lb over weight bearded white guy owns the car and he's got as many gold chains as Mr T. What's odd is Chevy has never advertised to change this rep.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
That's what I love about my car, its modified exactly how I like it...extremely fast and raw. And the exterior should tell people its not a 50 year old washer and sitter in lawn chair at shows kind of driver.

And really strangely alot of Z06, and now ZR1 owners also drive exotics. Most of the ZR1 owners I talk to own more than one exotic car in addition to the ZR1. When I do get an exotic, I will probably still have a nasty Vette to drive as well!

I hope we get to meet and shake hands, and agree to disagree some day!

Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:53 AM
And another question I have, who is Ferrari's leather supplier? They have the best leather in there cars for some reason, it's very close to the quality of leather they put in Bentley's! I was amazed by the leather in the 599 GTB.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:53 AM
That's what I love about my car, its modified exactly how I like it...extremely fast and raw. And the exterior should tell people its not a 50 year old washer and sitter in lawn chair at shows kind of driver.

And really strangely alot of Z06, and now ZR1 owners also drive exotics. Most of the ZR1 owners I talk to own more than one exotic car in addition to the ZR1. When I do get an exotic, I will probably still have a nasty Vette to drive as well!

I hope we get to meet and shake hands, and agree to disagree some day!

you don't know how many zr1's i've looked at hoping to fall for them.

i've never seen a zr1 driven. just at a car show.

the only car i've really wanted and didn't mind waiting for is the new camaro i'm supposed to get next month.
funny i bought this one on looks knowing full well it's performance will stink. i guess i'm a hypicrite now.

The good news is I disagree with my girlfriend less than most of the posters on this forum...and you're going to have to come down to the gig harbor coffee deal to meet me because i won't be heading north anytime soon. too early for me...i'll buy you and your corvette dirty or clean a coffee.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:57 AM
And another question I have, who is Ferrari's leather supplier? They have the best leather in there cars for some reason, it's very close to the quality of leather they put in Bentley's! I was amazed by the leather in the 599 GTB.
i don't know on this but i've heard it's a cool room (never been) where they lay the leather out hand cut and hand install all of it. A bunch of ladies that have been doing it for generations.

i think the leather feels different in the different seats for sure. my 430's seats were much better than any of my 360's Daytona's or my 575's daytona's ever felt. soft and nice for a long trip for sure.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 AM
I will try to come down this Sunday, me and the state are having a little disagreement on what is emissions legal and what is not....so we will see!

And yeah I will take you up on the cup of joe one of these days.

And if the Z28 makes it to production it will be pretty formidable with its 556 hp S/C LSA V8! It will actually have the bite to back up its looks!

Ok can I trade the cup of Joe for a ride in the 550? I love those cars, everything a car should be....and above all lightweight!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:09 AM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dave

This is nothing like one of the vette guys going off on the 911 forum.... now that's fun to watch.
Or the 911 guys going off on the GTR forums

Old 03-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I will try to come down this Sunday, me and the state are having a little disagreement on what is emissions legal and what is not....so we will see!

And yeah I will take you up on the cup of joe one of these days.

And if the Z28 makes it to production it will be pretty formidable with its 556 hp S/C LSA V8! It will actually have the bite to back up its looks!

Ok can I trade the cup of Joe for a ride in the 550? I love those cars, everything a car should be....and above all lightweight!
i was told my 6 speed rs/ss was to have the 6.2liter. I thought the horsepower was supposed to be about 400. i haven't read tons on the car. love the looks. v8's you can do anything to if you want more power unfortunately you can't do tons with a car that pushes 2 tons.

so you overstimulated the vette and the emissions board doesn't like it. i've got a RSAmerica with the same issues. it hasn't been street legal for 4 or 5 years

Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Overstimulated, I like that word. It will pass but it sucks because it has to be tuned to pass, and then tuned again the right way. We tried replacing 02 sensors and even a visual inspection. Which failed miserably, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see all of the aftermarket equipment!

If it's a 6 speed it has the Corvette LS3 rated at 426 hp, these engines are insane. With just a cam swap and bolt ons there are alot of cars with 500 to the ground already.

Ok so does anyone think the F450 will have better build quality? And also does the construction of the aluminum body have anything to do with some of the issues? I know the aluminum bodied Jag's had certain issues with paint quality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why is the build quality on the 430 so poor?