Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Old 11-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Jasil is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Crea
I can't really agree on you about properties... maybe I live in HK where house prices just continued to sky rocket for the past few years. If I were to sell ALL my properties now, I'm pretty sure the "profit" on the statement sheet is enough for me to purchase a Veyron.... my properties are netting me 7-8% yearly, its much better then putting the money in the bank.

But I can tell you, a wife is a bigger money pit then a house thats for sure, at least for were I live LOL
I'd already gotten an LP560 if she isnt such a shopaholic
the last diamond ring I brought her cost exactly half as much as an Gallardo
Cannot relate does not compute......Error

Old 11-28-2009, 04:41 AM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
I don't know about other people here, but the majority of you guys are saying things like "i earned low 6 figures when i was 22" or that you started making that kind of money when you where very young. I personally don't consider you as a "regular working guy". Not having a go at you but for me a "regular working guy" is someone who works as say a builder or in IT or architect or whatever and makes like $60-70K or so, not over $100K

Old 11-28-2009, 05:38 AM
nismo300zr2 is on a distinguished road
*edit- lol! i dont make nearly THAT much ^

old post.. but + on Woon not being 'normal people'!! maybe ussed to be, but i think once you are recognized nationwide and beyond, your not 'normal' anymore! lol

I dont have a 6 digit supercar, but i do have over 50K dumped into a zippy jap car and a 30K+ rig to tow it around with. I own my own house as well, and if i was single w/o child like the original poster, a 6digit car would be attainable by 40 with no problem.

As for regular joe, im about 30yrs old and an enlisted in the military. Anyone can see what i make (an E-6) and it sure isnt much!! Being frugal about things, not smoking or drinking helps the toy fund. Next year, ill have the rig payed off and my only bill will be the house note and whatever we incur before then.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 AM
ON THE GRIND is on a distinguished road
You own a Business, you're a CEO! As long as you can make the payments and not be negatively affected in your daily life financially, I say go for it. You're not doing it to pretend to be rich, you're doing it because you're a car nut and what's a better present for guys like us?

Old 12-18-2009, 04:12 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by charleedog
Making "real" money ($500k+) feels just the same as making a good income, like $100K/yr.
Cheers,
-Chris
I would have to very strongly disagree with this statement. It's a much different feeling when you're not only living the life style you want to live but on top of that lifestyle you're also putting money away for family, retirement, future investments, etc. It's also a much different feeling knowing that various purchases and spending habits will have a lot or zero affect on your overall bank roll. A secure financial future makes life a whole lot less stressful but again, that future just depends on the life style you want to live and how many toys you want

Old 12-18-2009, 07:08 PM
L8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to allL8braker is a name known to all
I know several "working" guys who have f-cars(360's included).

Obviously they are car nuts as everyone else here stated....They are sacrificing other parts of their life, but obviously deem it to be worthwhile. That is a personal decision on how you want to live and if you can truly afford one. I've always heard buying a ferrari is easy, but maitenance is the hard part.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:28 PM
SeaNile is on a distinguished road
My two cents, is I don't see how it is possible to afford a 100K+ car, Ferrari or not. 36, married, two kids, savings, college, house and a stay at home wife does not leave much room for a Ferrari. People must be making a lot more than me!

--JK

Old 01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
That's why you put the family on a reality show

Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
considering how low the price of some 360's are now, a "regular working guy" can definitely afford a 360.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
IN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the rough
I agree, Naples Motorsports has a 2000 360 Modena w/ 13k miles of $85,000. And that was just a quick search, I am sure there are dozens of lightly used examples even cheaper. The market has definitely made some dream cars way more affordable, at least upfront costs anyways.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
SeaNile is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by IN Is-F
I agree, Naples Motorsports has a 2000 360 Modena w/ 13k miles of $85,000. And that was just a quick search, I am sure there are dozens of lightly used examples even cheaper. The market has definitely made some dream cars way more affordable, at least upfront costs anyways.
Even at 85K, or say 80K I don't know of or see many "regular working guys" with 85K liquid enough to buy a car. Aside from the acquisition cost I would think the upkeep is insane. Someday I would love to get a Ferrari, but with $6,000 clutch jobs that alone would scare me away from ever buying one. Between buying the cost, service, brake jobs, tires, etc., these cars could be $40K and still not be affordable due to the upkeep.

Would you really want to stretch yourself that much just to get a car? So you get a HELOC and you can afford the payments and then the clutch goes and while it's at the dealership you get the X mile service, all of a sudden you are looking at a $10K bill or more. That's expensive!!

--JK

Old 01-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Devin1205 is on a distinguished road
some of you guys sounds like your in very good situations and I hope you have good health insurance on you and your families incase something horrible like health takes a turn for the worst. In the mean time I would like to see some pictures of your hard earned cars!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 AM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SeaNile
Even at 85K, or say 80K I don't know of or see many "regular working guys" with 85K liquid enough to buy a car. Aside from the acquisition cost I would think the upkeep is insane. Someday I would love to get a Ferrari, but with $6,000 clutch jobs that alone would scare me away from ever buying one. Between buying the cost, service, brake jobs, tires, etc., these cars could be $40K and still not be affordable due to the upkeep.

Would you really want to stretch yourself that much just to get a car? So you get a HELOC and you can afford the payments and then the clutch goes and while it's at the dealership you get the X mile service, all of a sudden you are looking at a $10K bill or more. That's expensive!!

--JK
some "regular working guys" don't have much other expenses. They may already own their own home with a working wife make nearly the same salary.
If they don't spend on much else, then a $80K Ferrari is def within reach.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think any normal "working guy" can afford to keep a Ferrari. Their prices have fallen, but that doesn't mean maintenance has. Even people with a higher income bracket that's salaried won't be able to afford one until after several years in practice because they generally have a higher-end lifestyle to pay for. It's all about prioritizing and living within your means. It might also help to be mechanically inclined.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:45 PM
ttpower will become famous soon enough
Regular working stiff here. Just got myself an 05 612 scaglietti. Like someone said, it's all about priorities. And for me, I can do with very little else except a nice car!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360