Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
I'm getting pretty tired of all the drug dealer bashing in this thread.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chipster
I am 27 and an engineer for a defense contractor. Bought a diablo this past summer. Wish I had planned a little better though. Ended up having some kind of problem right after purchasing which I was not very prepared for. It sounds like you should be fine. Affordability is a relative term and it seems like you have planned everything out. Just take your time finding exactly what you want!

got some bad news for yah
theyre Italian, its what they do
and after a few years when you seem to have fixed and replaced everything, then same old problems just start all over again

when my friend exclaim, "Your Diablo is in the shop again!?!?"
my repsonce is "its Italian"
when they ask why its back for, I just say "Its an Italian POS, thats just what they do "

get used to it

Old 10-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Verone24 will become famous soon enoughVerone24 will become famous soon enough
you worked hard for the money, you deserve it

Old 10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
buy want you want, when you want.... i work hard and drive hard....

Old 10-31-2009, 08:53 PM
evolveC4 is on a distinguished road
I'm 41, own my own business, wife has her own company as well, we both make low six figures a year, no kids, no financial worries. That said I've spent $250,000.00 on 4 cars in last 10 years, I should have kepst the first one and invsted more time and focused on business, took the advce of wiser people with more experience around me. I have a great life, however I could have invested $200,000.00 in real estate back in early 98, instead of buying 3 cars that losst 80% of there value. My advice to you: go buy a 2006 997 c2 for 40,000.00 t0 45,000, drive it for 10 years, invest your time and money in your company and focus, focus, focus. After 10 years
if you play your cards right you can buy any car (sub $200,000.00) and not worry about the payment. As for what other people think, don't waste your time and energy on that garbage, when I'm driving my car the only thing I'm thiking about is, am I going make that 35 mph posted off ramp at 80!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 PM
solekeeper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by evolveC4
I'm 41, own my own business, wife has her own company as well, we both make low six figures a year, no kids, no financial worries. That said I've spent $250,000.00 on 4 cars in last 10 years, I should have kepst the first one and invsted more time and focused on business, took the advce of wiser people with more experience around me. I have a great life, however I could have invested $200,000.00 in real estate back in early 98, instead of buying 3 cars that losst 80% of there value. My advice to you: go buy a 2006 997 c2 for 40,000.00 t0 45,000, drive it for 10 years, invest your time and money in your company and focus, focus, focus. After 10 years
if you play your cards right you can buy any car (sub $200,000.00) and not worry about the payment. As for what other people think, don't waste your time and energy on that garbage, when I'm driving my car the only thing I'm thiking about is, am I going make that 35 mph posted off ramp at 80!

I like.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
Instead of buying expensive cars my parents had to send me and my two other brothers to college while buying a bunch of property in San Diego (two in popular areas I might add). All while making less than six figures (I make more than them even though I've only been working for less than 3 years). If they hadn't had children or sent us to college who knows what they could have bought. But I think their mentality (especially being 1st generation in this country) is to work for survival and for their children; my generation is very spoiled. I guess that's why my parents aren't really into cars or other luxuries; my mom thinks her then-40K Lexus RX330 is splurging.

I would definitely not spend relatively too much on a car and concentrate on property or investments. It's much more fun to have your own place than a nice car, which gets tired after a few months.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:19 PM
richtor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jherbias
I would definitely not spend relatively too much on a car and concentrate on property or investments. It's much more fun to have your own place than a nice car, which gets tired after a few months.
i believe the op is in a good place now with a paid for home already, retirement, savings in place and growing with an additional savings for his next toy. it will be his decision on what route he chooses.

1. purchase the toy, and enjoy life on the next level(so to speak) while investing heavily with extra cash that he will not be able to get back(basically upkeep and maintenance cost).

2. put that extra cash into revenue generating investments while keeping his dreams on hold for a few years. purchasing his toys when he has the extra to throw away the regular working guy title....

personally i would keep to your plan. put some cash into diversified investments today, while every now and then enjoying the product of your hard work. purchasing your dream on or near your 40th year where you will have more time and money to enjoy your life to the fullest.

good luck with whatever you choose!

Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM
sikhkd is on a distinguished road
I work alot, about 6-8 hours daily, I'd be lucky if I get a day off.

I'm 22, and don't work like any ordinary 22 year old with a fixed schedule.. there are times I'm out working until 1-2am and some times until 8-9pm. Then again, there's nothing better than sitting in your car on the way back home, and knowing all that hard work is paying off

Old 11-04-2009, 03:21 PM
GETU1 will become famous soon enoughGETU1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sikhkd

I'm 22, and don't work like any ordinary 22 year old with a fixed schedule.. there are times I'm out working until 1-2am and some times until 8-9pm. Then again, there's nothing better than sitting in your car on the way back home, and knowing all that hard work is paying off

Thats alot?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 PM
nsxmatt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Auctung
got some bad news for yah
theyre Italian, its what they do
and after a few years when you seem to have fixed and replaced everything, then same old problems just start all over again

when my friend exclaim, "Your Diablo is in the shop again!?!?"
my repsonce is "its Italian"
when they ask why its back for, I just say "Its an Italian POS, thats just what they do "

get used to it
I don't think you have mentioned when people have asked, but what is it you do for a living to afford the car before you moved out of a home that the owner was on welfare?

Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 AM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sikhkd

6-8 hour's a day? lol,def not alot.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:59 AM
beantowntechy is a jewel in the roughbeantowntechy is a jewel in the roughbeantowntechy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nsxmatt
I don't think you have mentioned when people have asked, but what is it you do for a living to afford the car before you moved out of a home that the owner was on welfare?
Too funny. He had the audacity to call me out.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 AM
J02 M3 is on a distinguished road
Great thread! I would have to say I've made some of the easiest money in real estate. Buy, live a couple years, sell, make money. I love cars and have owned 11 since I was 16 (now 29) but you will never make money on cars. But I will continue to buy them. Why......because it makes me happy.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:11 AM
noekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud ofnoekult has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by evolveC4

Good advice, thanks. I'm 25 and it's tempting to get a newer/fancier car every time I can afford to move on (although I'm beyond average already when it comes to having cool cars - compared to ex school mates and close friends). I want to experience them all! 4WD japanese turbo rockets, light roadsters, classic 911 TT's, muscle machines, italian beauties, british supercars...
But reading your and other peoples posts, I'm definetley going to get one car I really love and drive it till I'm about 30 and just invest in the meantime, and save all I can.

Thanks man. This is probably the best route to go. Lots of time left to enjoy many great drives and cars. It's sad that some people move on to their next car up on the food chain and don't get that spcecial bond witht their current cars or even learn to drive them properly.

Last edited by noekult; 11-07-2009 at 08:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360