Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari Tuners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:52 PM
MB_Forever is on a distinguished road
Question Ferrari Tuners

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine just bought his first Ferrari and he already wants to try out an aftermarket ECU tune . He doesn't spend too much time online, so he asked me if I could help. I'm very familiar with Mercedes and BMW tuners, but do not know much about the Ferrari aftermarket world. Can you guys please give me a list of Ferrary Tuners? Usually in every segment, there will be 3 groups of companies: very expensive, mid-range companies, and the lower-level tuners. I'd like to get a few names in each category:

Top-Level (most expensive)
=====================
1)
2)
3)

Mid-Range Tuners
==============
1)
2)
3)

Lower-level Tuners
===============
1)
2)
3)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:55 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Not even sure who would be appropriate to recommend. Novitec Rosso seems to be the current "hot" tuner. Hamann's still around, too. I wouldn't expect, however, the depth in categories that you are asking for. For one thing, there aren't enough cars on the road to sustain all that many tuners. And, second, most Ferrari owners don't monkey with their cars too much beyond adding a free-er flowing exhaust (a la Tubi). Other tuners have included Koenig Specials and Gemballa, but I don't know how active they've been recently.

Also worth mention is Michelotto, which is Ferrari's outside "tuner". They often go to Michelotto to outsource their race cars (F40LM, 333SP and 360N-GT programmes were all under Michelotto), but I don't know what ECU tunes they might have.

CW

Last edited by CornersWell; 01-27-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM
MB_Forever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CornersWell
Not even sure who would be appropriate to recommend. Novitec Rosso seems to be the current "hot" tuner. Hamann's still around, too. I wouldn't expect, however, the depth in categories that you are asking for. For one thing, there aren't enough cars on the road to sustain all that many tuners. And, second, most Ferrari owners don't monkey with their cars too much beyond adding a free-er flowing exhaust (a la Tubi). Other tuners have included Koenig Specials and Gemballa, but I don't know how active they've been recently.

Also worth mention is Michelotto, which is Ferrari's outside "tuner". They often go to Michelotto to outsource their race cars (F40LM, 333SP and 360N-GT programmes were all under Michelotto), but I don't know what ECU tunes they might have.

CW
Thanks for the info.... I really appreciate it. Have you heard of EVOMSit ECU tunes? Are they a direct tuner or do they use somebody else? Are they reliable? They offer a tune for the 458 Italia for $3500.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Thanks for the info.... I really appreciate it. Have you heard of EVOMSit ECU tunes? Are they a direct tuner or do they use somebody else? Are they reliable? They offer a tune for the 458 Italia for $3500.
MB,
I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to email me rodz@evoms.com or PM me. We just finished an F430 upgrade for a client (Fabspeed headers, high flow cats and EVOMSit software) so I am more than confident we can get your friend taken care of. Let me know!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
Fabspeed and EVOms software are they way to go for Fcar performance parts.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed with the EVOMSit ECU software. All of our Performance packages are coupled with the EVOMSit ECU tuning software. If you are looking for true performance and reliability that a Ferrari deserves a Fabspeed/EVOMSit Package is the way to go.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 AM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Fabspeed
I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed with the EVOMSit ECU software. All of our Performance packages are coupled with the EVOMSit ECU tuning software. If you are looking for true performance and reliability that a Ferrari deserves a Fabspeed/EVOMSit Package is the way to go.
Yep

Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Jeremy, PM sent.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atlshaver
Jeremy, PM sent.

Just sent you an email.