Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Rob in Potomac
Robert in Potom is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
I am sure if this were in the Turbo forum, we would get a very different opinion. The stock turbo will still walk on it.
Enough written on this topic - the tt will not walk on the 360 and I am not even certain will beat it.

I tracked my 996 tt cab a number of times at Summit Point and have recently begun to track my 360 F1 spider. I actually was quite surprised at how fast the 360 is and believe my lap times are quite similar. One interesting note is that I agree completely that the 996 tt accelerates much stronger than the 360, especially in the mid range, but I generally reached about 140 at the end of the straight at SP and now am doing close to 145 in my 360. Two additional benefits of the F car, the sound (especially with Tubi style exhaust) is unmatchable by any P car (except for the CGT) and the F1 paddle shifters really are fantastic at the track.

On the other hand, the P car wins hands down from a practicality point of view, there is just no comparison. I have already had to change my rotors on my 360, not so much from wear, as I needed to get bigger and better front brakes - so have gone to slotted rotors for now.

At the end of the day, it is a very personal choice, drive them both and factor in how much driving you will be doing. The 360 will cost more initially and more for maintenance, but the pleasure, in many ways, is much greater. I still miss my twin turbo, but love the 360.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:57 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Robert in Potom
Enough written on this topic - the tt will not walk on the 360 and I am not even certain will beat it.

I tracked my 996 tt cab a number of times at Summit Point and have recently begun to track my 360 F1 spider. I actually was quite surprised at how fast the 360 is and believe my lap times are quite similar. One interesting note is that I agree completely that the 996 tt accelerates much stronger than the 360, especially in the mid range, but I generally reached about 140 at the end of the straight at SP and now am doing close to 145 in my 360. Two additional benefits of the F car, the sound (especially with Tubi style exhaust) is unmatchable by any P car (except for the CGT) and the F1 paddle shifters really are fantastic at the track.

On the other hand, the P car wins hands down from a practicality point of view, there is just no comparison. I have already had to change my rotors on my 360, not so much from wear, as I needed to get bigger and better front brakes - so have gone to slotted rotors for now.

At the end of the day, it is a very personal choice, drive them both and factor in how much driving you will be doing. The 360 will cost more initially and more for maintenance, but the pleasure, in many ways, is much greater. I still miss my twin turbo, but love the 360.
First off, let me say I love both cars. I think that the point of the TT walking the 360 is very valid. I have a 911 C4 so while I have an alliance to Porsche I dont particularly have alliance to either of these two cars, but this one is simple. The TT is faster in the 1/4 mile by about .3-.5 sec and about 5 mph if not more in trap speed. I have only seen 360 coupes running 12.7 at best at around 111-112. on the other hand TT run 12.2-12.4 at 116-118. That is the tell tale sign right there in the mph. from a stop or a roll the TT crushes the 360.
now onto ur point of the 360 handling better. that one i think they are equal. maybe a slight edge to the 360. but if you have the x74 suspension package that u can get from the factory (remember u said adjusted 360 stock susp.) then the TT will outhandle slightly better than the 360. So I would give the advantage to the TT on this one.