Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Every three years the 360 requires an engine in belt service. It MUST be done since the first thing any prospective purchaser will check is that all service has been performed.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
also the smell, a ferrari smells like fine leather inside...it adds to the experience.

and yes, exhaust is priority number one.

Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Quick question: Is the belt service less of an issue on the F430? My understanding is that it uses chains...any info is greatly appreciated...

Old 08-01-2006, 12:48 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Under PSI
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to take it for a ride this week and see what I think.

How necessary is the next service? Someone posted earlier that it is likely due for another service even though the 22.5k has already been done. If I buy this I want to make sure I'm not looking at a $5-7k service in the next 6 months.
Car is now 6 years old. My tech calls for a belt service every five years or 30k. So its due. Seller, I am sure knows this. Negotiate the price accordingly. Personally, I prefer to buy the car for less and get my own service done so I have control over what gets done or not and who does it. As wiht any used car, there is always stuff that needs taking care of and its nice to get it all done and know you have trouble free miles ahead.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:55 PM
tdf360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Quick question: Is the belt service less of an issue on the F430? My understanding is that it uses chains...any info is greatly appreciated...
Yes, the 430 has chains not belts.

Gary

Old 08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tdf360
Yes, the 430 has chains not belts.

Gary
I'm interested to know what the first major service interval is and what it consists of?

thanks.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:18 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jamie
I'm interested to know what the first major service interval is and what it consists of?

thanks.
Yes, any information on that is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Car is now 6 years old. My tech calls for a belt service every five years or 30k. So its due. Seller, I am sure knows this. Negotiate the price accordingly. Personally, I prefer to buy the car for less and get my own service done so I have control over what gets done or not and who does it. As wiht any used car, there is always stuff that needs taking care of and its nice to get it all done and know you have trouble free miles ahead.
Thank you. The car is at a dealer and they claim the 15k and 22.5k services were done. I don't know if either one includes the belts but I will find out. The folks on Ferrarichat have also been very helpful and I faxed a list of potential "issues" to the dealer to see what has and has not been done on the car. Test drive probably on Thursday. Thanks again.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 PM
TDY
TDY is on a distinguished road
Finally, a reason to open my books! Sorry, had to do it in 4 separate pics or it was really hard to read...

Attached Images     
Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 PM

thanks.
5k miles. The typical fluids and filters. Runs 1k to 1.2k at a dealer.

Gary

Old 08-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Under PSI
The car is at a dealer and they claim the 15k and 22.5k services were done.
No such thing as a 22.5k service. The intervals are 5k and 15k, or annual fluid changes if less.

Gary

Old 08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
5k miles. The typical fluids and filters. Runs 1k to 1.2k at a dealer.

Gary
What about majors?

Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 PM
What about majors?
I'm new to the Ferrari world, and don't know what the 15k service runs. If I had to guess I'd say 5k or so.

Gary

Old 08-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm new to the Ferrari world, and don't know what the 15k service runs. If I had to guess I'd say 5k or so.

Gary
Sorry, I was wondering when the first major was required and what it consisted of.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:29 AM
TDY
TDY is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I was wondering when the first major was required and what it consisted of.
jamie, i took pictures of the actual maintenance schedule for the 430 and posted them above. i think that is what you're looking for... since the belts were the "major" part of the major service, there isn't a whole lot of servicing the 430 needs relative to the 360.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360