Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360

I have always wanted a Ferrari and I now have the opportunity to pick up what appears to be a very nice Titanium on black, 6-speed 2000 Ferrari 360. It has 15k miles on it and the 15k and 22.5k services have been done. The catch is, I'd have to get rid of my 2002 996TT and my 1997 Acura NSX in order to get it. Am I just being stupid in trying to get a Ferrari or is this the great car I think it is? Are repairs and maintenance as bad as they say or are they fairly reliable? I can't imagine I'd be driving this car more than 3-5k miles per year at most and likely less. Any helpful input would be appreciated.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
It's prolly due for its second belt service so make sure that gets done.

They're pretty reliable, but not like the pcar.

Much more thrilling and visceral to drive. Buy it right and decide for yourself.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:48 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enoughGHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enough
That's a tough one.
A 02TT and a 97 NSX for a 00 360...hmmm.

That would keep me up at night for weeks.
Good luck with your decision.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:52 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Dude, make sure you test drive first. Don't sell 2 cars without driving the one you're doing it for. 360 is an awesome car, but very different from the TT. It's very visceral, and sounds sweet, but just make sure.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:21 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
PSI, I have both and though the 360 does not have the mod potential of the TT and may be a few ticks slower in a straight line, the grin factor is very very high. Not to say its better than, just that its one very fun car to drive and the sounds alone are good for the price of admission. I have found maintanance to be pretty reasonable. I never really get on this or for that matter any of my cars in first gear, change the oil and lot and drive em like they were meant to be.
I have that exact color combo and its brilliant. Lots of metal flake so color is always changing and really shows the lines of the car. If you have specific questions, fire away.
Car is due for a 30k though, which I would try and work into the deal. Figure $5k from and independant and $7k+ from most dealers. I can help you find a good shop in your area if you need it.
Highly doubt you will regret it!!

Attached Images  
Old 07-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
PSI, I have both and though the 360 does not have the mod potential of the TT and may be a few ticks slower in a straight line, the grin factor is very very high. Not to say its better than, just that its one very fun car to drive and the sounds alone are good for the price of admission. I have found maintanance to be pretty reasonable. I never really get on this or for that matter any of my cars in first gear, change the oil and lot and drive em like they were meant to be.
I have that exact color combo and its brilliant. Lots of metal flake so color is always changing and really shows the lines of the car. If you have specific questions, fire away.
Car is due for a 30k though, which I would try and work into the deal. Figure $5k from and independant and $7k+ from most dealers. I can help you find a good shop in your area if you need it.
Highly doubt you will regret it!!
You car looks exactly like the one I'm looking at minus the wheels. The one I'm thinking about has the stock 5-spokes in chrome. Yours seems to have the same seats as well. I hadn't seen those before and was curious as to whether or not they were aftermarket. I guess not.

Thank you all for your input. I'm going to think about this over the weekend.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
IMHO stick with what you have

Old 07-30-2006, 11:04 AM
mja 996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dan
IMHO stick with what you have

agree....................

Old 07-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
Pull the trigger.

Its such a thrill to drive, stock exhaust sounds pretty decent, throw a tubi exhaust and everytime you step on the gas you will get goose bumps and a smile on you're face.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:22 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
if you slap a tubi or capristo on it, you will forget you ever had a porsche. trust me.

as far as cost etc....yes, it's expensive. i have two paint chips from racing on the highway with a bunch of other fcars, and a small fender crimp due to lowering the car and slapping wheels on it.

price tag: 10K. but hey, that's why i pay my insurance everday for the past 10 years.

do it, you will NOT regret it.

also, they hold resale so well, that you can always dump it if you have an itch.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i'd do it just to have something different. pcars are a dime a dozen.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Under Psi, they are factory sports seats. Very supportive with lots of lateral support and a great option if you are tall as there is less padding-so more headroom.
I went for a back to back drive yesterday and all I can say is the sound, handling and road presence are all so engaging. REally a great all around car and so beautiful.

Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
oops here is the pic I meant to post. The f50 is a bit out of the price range......

Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
After driving a 360 w/Tubi for an entire day last week...I can confidentally say you won't be sorry pulling the trigger. The car is fun, visceral, raw...pretty much a race car for the street. It may not be as fast as a TT, but I promise you won't notice and it won't really matter. The sound of the exhaust everytime you get on it is enough for me.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to take it for a ride this week and see what I think.

How necessary is the next service? Someone posted earlier that it is likely due for another service even though the 22.5k has already been done. If I buy this I want to make sure I'm not looking at a $5-7k service in the next 6 months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360