Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Rob in Potomac
Robert in Potom is an unknown quantity at this point
I pulled the trigger a few months ago, swapping my '04 tt cab for an '04 360 F1 spider. I have enjoyed every minute since, as a Ferrari is like no other car.

Couple of comments on cost and upkeep. It is my understanding that most maintenance is based on time, as many people do not put on enough miles each year - so rule of thumb is minor service every year (@$1k to $1.5k) and major every three years (@$5 or more).

As far as driving, I have now tracked my 360 a few times and have enjoyed as much as my Porsche tt. I actually believe my lap times are similar, and I know that I reached the same top speed at the end of the straight with both cars. But, as has been said, just adding a tubi (or capristo) will add a dimension that is completely missing from any Porsche.

Finally, don't buy the 360 if the $5k cost of a major service is more than you want to spend. Even if you get this thrown in on purchase, there is always the chance that something else will be required on a 6 year old car and Ferrari costs greatly exceed those on a Porsche - and the likelihood of needing maintenance on a Ferrari is much greater than on a Porsche.

If you can keep some funds in reserve for the unexpected, go for the 360, you will not regret it.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Robert in Potom
I pulled the trigger a few months ago, swapping my '04 tt cab for an '04 360 F1 spider. I have enjoyed every minute since, as a Ferrari is like no other car.

Couple of comments on cost and upkeep. It is my understanding that most maintenance is based on time, as many people do not put on enough miles each year - so rule of thumb is minor service every year (@$1k to $1.5k) and major every three years (@$5 or more).

As far as driving, I have now tracked my 360 a few times and have enjoyed as much as my Porsche tt. I actually believe my lap times are similar, and I know that I reached the same top speed at the end of the straight with both cars. But, as has been said, just adding a tubi (or capristo) will add a dimension that is completely missing from any Porsche.

Finally, don't buy the 360 if the $5k cost of a major service is more than you want to spend. Even if you get this thrown in on purchase, there is always the chance that something else will be required on a 6 year old car and Ferrari costs greatly exceed those on a Porsche - and the likelihood of needing maintenance on a Ferrari is much greater than on a Porsche.

If you can keep some funds in reserve for the unexpected, go for the 360, you will not regret it.
Thanks for the input. It's not that $5k is too much to spend for service, it's that if I'm buying the car, I don't want to get it home to find it needs $5k in service now. I would prefer a few trouble free miles before I have to start servicing the car. It's not the maintenance that scares me, it's the unexpected repairs and breakdowns.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:37 PM
993fan is on a distinguished road
I traded in my '98 993 for an '02 360 and it is like night and day. As much as I loved the Porsche, the Ferrari is just so much more. The driving excitement is a very different experience from any other car. I've also driven the NSX for a week while my 360 was in for service. The NSX does everything right and is an awesome piece of machinery; the only problem is that it is downright boring compared to the Ferrari.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
congrats on the new car!

Old 08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
993fan is on a distinguished road
Congrats, PSI !! You are really going to enjoy it. You have to be ready for all the attention though. People will talk to you everywhere you go. I've had mine for a couple of months and having a blast.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:07 PM
liftingismylife is on a distinguished road
congrats! what an amazing vehicle..enjoy! I am still dreaming of the day when I am able to purchase my favorite car of all time the 360 modena..

Old 08-11-2006, 01:36 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Under PSI
Major props! I just got back from a 300 mile drive in the mountains and I still fall in love with this car. Its driving through small mountain towns and having some import sedan full of kids glued to my bumper, taking pics, listening to the italian symphony! Enjoy the ride.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:52 PM
I picked the care up yesterday and have put about 80 miles on it. What a wonderful machine! So far I love it, I was given all repair/maintenance records and the major service, recalls and brakes were done at 13k miles and the minor service done only 20 miles ago. So far I love it!

Old 08-15-2006, 02:06 AM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Congrats! Enjoy it in good health!

Old 08-15-2006, 09:34 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
80 miles, thats not even getting the oil warmed up. I never turn the key unless its at least 100miles!!

Just kidding, enjoy her in good health.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! The car is alot of fun. Trust Me!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Subzero is on a distinguished road
the link does not work anymore. Can you put some pictures

Old 08-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Subzero
the link does not work anymore. Can you put some pictures
I'll take a few pictures and post them soon. Thanks for the interest.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
///macculate is on a distinguished road
Congrats!! Is your face hurting from the constant grin?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Pulling the trigger on a 360