Standing mile miami 10.11.09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TMAC
I am starting to put together a group of people from Tampa who would like to drive down on Saturday the 10th for this. I plan to go and hang out not drive down the mile. I have nothing worth running but maybe next year.

Ah, just run it for the freedom of breaking the speedlimit, legally. lol. Can't even describe to you how upset I am that this event is happening now,...when my car is apart. Really really sucks.... Hopefully I will be able to pilot another car or two.\ on that day instead. Either way,..its a cool time

Old 08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
Ah, just run it for the freedom of breaking the speedlimit, legally. lol. Can't even describe to you how upset I am that this event is happening now,...when my car is apart. Really really sucks.... Hopefully I will be able to pilot another car or two.\ on that day instead. Either way,..its a cool time
Not a bad idea. My S4 isn't built yet and my Carrera is fun but nothing crazy. I will give it some thought.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
I'm already register, cant wait, I was actually testing yesterday

Old 08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tito
I'm already register, cant wait, I was actually testing yesterday

You and your slow *** Z000006.

Looking forward to it.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Did some math,..with my six speed and my gear ratio I use....this is what I'm missin

@6250 rpm,....on a 335/35/18 on an MN6 with my runway special, 2.73 geared six speed.

1st Gear :1 69.75 MPH
2nd Gear :1 104.23 MPH
3rd Gear :1 142.72 MPH
4th Gear :1 185.53 MPH
5th Gear :1 250.72 MPH
6th Gear :1 371.07 MPH

Now, I don;t know how much room it will need to get into the 2xx's but,... I was really hoping to do that in a mile easily.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Did some math,..with my six speed and my gear ratio I use....this is what I'm missin

@6250 rpm,....on a 335/35/18 on an MN6 with my runway special, 2.73 geared six speed.

1st Gear :1 69.75 MPH
2nd Gear :1 104.23 MPH
3rd Gear :1 142.72 MPH
4th Gear :1 185.53 MPH
5th Gear :1 250.72 MPH
6th Gear :1 371.07 MPH

Now, I don;t know how much room it will need to get into the 2xx's but,... I was really hoping to do that in a mile easily.
Good lord, your car is a beast. What do you think you'll hit in the mile?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Chris G
Good lord, your car is a beast. What do you think you'll hit in the mile?

Well, 6th isn't useable obviously, unless I had about 2500hp. lol And I don't know what it will take distance wise for me to top out 5th,... so, I dunno. I really want to get the car to go 220+++ in the mile,...I would like to honestly go 230+ but, I have no clue what I am getting myself into. Soo much goes into that. For example, my fuel setup, which I will be runnning E85 when she rolls back out,...is capable of supporting 2000rwhp. 160lb injectors, driver box for them, and a big giant magnafuel pump. I figure 1100-1300rwhp will get me where I need to be mph wise. I just hope everything holds together. A one mile run is soo much more abusive on the motor then a 1/4 mile run obviously soo,...IAT's,...fuel pressure, and timing tables will come into effect bigtime.

I have great tuners though, so I am confident it'll do well. I could probably have the car slapped together for this event but,...there is soo much changing, I need to take my time and do one small step at a time. Atleast now I can see the light, and I can see the true potential. All just talk though until I can get it to an event.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
You and your slow *** Z000006.

Looking forward to it.

You have the wrong Tito, yes I have a slow car, but is not a ZO6

Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tito
You have the wrong Tito, yes I have a slow car, but is not a ZO6

my bad man. 142 isn't really slow but,..it's about where he traps as well. I'll text him to join the event

Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Carrera GT just signed up. This event is going to be madness.

Last edited by Chris G; 08-15-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:54 PM
MikeCOUPE is on a distinguished road
Wow theres gonna be a couple of cars that might hit 200+!!!!
What does Headstart mean? (on the riders page)

Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough

I've been speaking with the individuals putting on the event. If all goes well I'll be photographing the event and trying to snag rides in ridiculously fast cars all day!! Can't beat it.
Awesome Chris

Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM

I've been speaking with the individuals putting on the event. If all goes well I'll be photographing the event and trying to snag rides in ridiculously fast cars all day!! Can't beat it.
Awesome man. Hope it works out for you.

Originally Posted by smelly914
Wow theres gonna be a couple of cars that might hit 200+!!!!
What does Headstart mean? (on the riders page)
Sure hope to see that too. I don't know what the headstart means.....maybe a slow roll like I have seen a couple of videos but,..that wouldn't make it a standing mile...more like the creeping mile.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Saw the Headstart thing as well. I'm with you guys, only thing that makes sense would be a rolling start?

I've been emailing people like mad and spreading the word on this and it's not even my event! I want it to be at least comparable to the last runway event we had at the airport. It was ridiculous.

Saleen S7, unfathomable amount of Lambos and exotics. I don't think there was a STOCK Lambo there last time. I am pretty sure each and every Lambo there was twin turbo, it was insane.

Underground Racing and Heffner brought out their toys too.

UR had their rumored 1300+hp Gallardo out there running 0-200mph in the first mile, stop halfway through the runway and hit 200mph again the second mile. It's a HUGE runway, not sure why they are restricting it to only a mile? It's a full solid 2 miles of open road if this is the exact same location as the last event.

Hell, we hit 175mph in my buddy's Bentley CGT!! lol We were the slowest car there.

During the end of the day they had multiple car drag races. TT Gallardos, TT Murcielago, Saleen S7, and SL65. To put it into comparison, the SL65 was absolutely obliterated which is sickening because everyone knows how fast they are.

I can't wait for this event!

Old 08-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Sounds badass. I stopped at Doug Levin's shop today, which is right down the street. He mentioned the last event, and how he was told to go WOT till the speed trap, then hit the brakes, he said he went off road, because it wasn't enough room for that. I don't know if that had something to do with making the event a one mile only.

Sounds like a blast though,...motivates me to hustle and get my car there.

Doug didn't confirm that he would be there but I gave him the site info. I also am promitting this thing to multiple sites,... I wanna see a good group of cars. They say they are limited to 130 cars or soo.

Should be dope

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Standing mile miami 10.11.09