Standing mile miami 10.11.09

Old 08-14-2009, 09:01 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Chris G
Just spoke to the guys on the phone putting this on.

Passengers are allowed just use discretion.

Obviously, waivers will have to be signed so they are not liable but that's inevitable. Now it's definitely on!
Chris, I plan on touching base with them this week but if y ou get a chance to talk to them again do you mind asking about bringing in the bus on Saturday night?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty cool about the passengers...I know it'll slow us down a bit, but geez, what a cool thing to allow a few 'rides'. Very cool.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TMAC
Chris, I plan on touching base with them this week but if y ou get a chance to talk to them again do you mind asking about bringing in the bus on Saturday night?
I will definitely ask if I remember. I've just been periodically speaking with them.

I honestly wouldn't see it being a problem (don't hold me to that lol) but this location for the airport is HUGEEEE. I mean, ridiculously huge.

The airport was initially intended to be the largest airport in the world when they began building it until it was shut down by the state to preserve the Everglades. To say this place is in the middle of nowhere is a massive understatement. About all they finished were the runways - lucky for us.

There were literally 18 wheeler transports there last time dropping off people's cars the day of the event. People drove down from separate states with their auto transport trailers and everything. It was absolute madness, I love it.

I'd honestly just email them though or give them a call. His name is Rogan, super nice guy.

Hope you guys have luck with it. I'd like to hangout on the party bus! lol

Old 08-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NastyZO6
Pretty cool about the passengers...I know it'll slow us down a bit, but geez, what a cool thing to allow a few 'rides'. Very cool.
Just spoke to the organizers again - they will be speaking to their insurance companies soon to verify regarding passengers.

I will hold what I said and wait until they hear back for certain it is okay. We were allowed passengers at the last event but that was also put on by a different crowd / diff insurance etc.

Will update when I hear back. I'm hoping they allow it. What a blast that would be.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:50 AM
I will definitely ask if I remember. I've just been periodically speaking with them.

I honestly wouldn't see it being a problem (don't hold me to that lol) but this location for the airport is HUGEEEE. I mean, ridiculously huge.

The airport was initially intended to be the largest airport in the world when they began building it until it was shut down by the state to preserve the Everglades. To say this place is in the middle of nowhere is a massive understatement. About all they finished were the runways - lucky for us.

There were literally 18 wheeler transports there last time dropping off people's cars the day of the event. People drove down from separate states with their auto transport trailers and everything. It was absolute madness, I love it.

I'd honestly just email them though or give them a call. His name is Rogan, super nice guy.

Hope you guys have luck with it. I'd like to hangout on the party bus! lol
Thanks Chris, I will get a hold of them tomorrow or Monday when I return from Ft. Myers.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:49 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Old 08-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Dave L is on a distinguished road
I am definately in.......I think eveyone that has something that runs should run it in this...........it doesn't have to do 200mph in 5280ft......it's just the fun of the race.....besides it's not like our cars are slow.....

We are going down Saturday night to camp out at the track with a Bus and take our toys.......

Old 08-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Dave L
I am definately in.......I think eveyone that has something that runs should run it in this...........it doesn't have to do 200mph in 5280ft......it's just the fun of the race.....besides it's not like our cars are slow.....

We are going down Saturday night to camp out at the track with a Bus and take our toys.......
True, but up until last night we weren't taking my car. Now we might be so we will see. I guess I need to get that figured out soon before all the slots are gone.

If you haven't seen the list of cars already registered you should take a look. It is pretty impressive.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Dave L is on a distinguished road
I am hearing rumors of Mr. Wallace's cars going.....the MC12......his car manager was telling me about all of the rediculous mod's he had done to it......but he only thinks it should easily top 200mph in the mile.......that thing is amazing.......over 1000hp and the aerodynamics to school everything

If Wallace goes the most rediculous cars in the world will be there........

Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 AM
I am hearing rumors of Mr. Wallace's cars going.....the MC12......his car manager was telling me about all of the rediculous mod's he had done to it......but he only thinks it should easily top 200mph in the mile.......that thing is amazing.......over 1000hp and the aerodynamics to school everything

That would be insane! Keep digging because I want to know if he will really be going.

This event is going to be so awesome.

I have to call the organizer later today because I did get an email back but I don't think he understood my questions.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Good people, I've done work with him in the past.

Thanks for the update, I may have to get in touch with him now. Would be good to see him out there!

- Chris

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-18-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 AM

If he came out it would be insane!!

He lives right in my backyard in Tampa somewhere, I just don't know where lol I've had friends that have even been to his house for fundraisers and things of that nature.

I've actually photographed his cars at the Festivals of Speed. Unbelievable car collection to say the least.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:08 PM
If he came out it would be insane!!

He lives right in my backyard in Tampa somewhere, I just don't know where lol I've had friends that have even been to his house for fundraisers and things of that nature.

I've actually photographed his cars at the Festivals of Speed. Unbelievable car collection to say the least.
Chris, Dave knows Joe and works for (in a way) Mr. Wallace so I hope he can get them interested in coming.
I don't if the two of you have met but Dave was with me at the 1st Auto Cafe and we go way............... back so you will meet him for sure soon.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by TMAC
Chris, Dave knows Joe and works for (in a way) Mr. Wallace so I hope he can get them interested in coming.
I don't if the two of you have met but Dave was with me at the 1st Auto Cafe and we go way............... back so you will meet him for sure soon.
I'll be damned, small world!

I just read your post and emailed Joe. He is a good guy, I've photographed 2 or 3 of his Festival of Speed events in the past specifically for him.

I'm yet to meet Mr. Wallace (knowingly, anyway lol) but I also had breakfast with Jim Glickenhaus for 10 minutes in West Palm Beach at Supercar Weekend before I realized he was the owner of the beautiful 5 million dollar Ferrari P4/5 I was babbling about to him. So who knows, maybe I've met Mr. Wallace already and didn't know it!

I don't remember if I've met Dave but needless to say, I'll do my best to attend the drive to Orlando on the 29th. (Just gotta figure out if I can ride with someone) Hopefully Dave will be attending.

All we need is someone who has Mr. Wallace's contact info of some sorts. I think a lot of these guys would have an absolute field day with this event. Not too often do they get to toy with their crazy cars and do top speed runs, legally.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I'll be damned, small world!

I just read your post and emailed Joe. He is a good guy, I've photographed 2 or 3 of his Festival of Speed events in the past specifically for him.

I'm yet to meet Mr. Wallace (knowingly, anyway lol) but I also had breakfast with Jim Glickenhaus for 10 minutes in West Palm Beach at Supercar Weekend before I realized he was the owner of the beautiful 5 million dollar Ferrari P4/5 I was babbling about to him. So who knows, maybe I've met Mr. Wallace already and didn't know it!

I don't remember if I've met Dave but needless to say, I'll do my best to attend the drive to Orlando on the 29th. (Just gotta figure out if I can ride with someone) Hopefully Dave will be attending.

All we need is someone who has Mr. Wallace's contact info of some sorts. I think a lot of these guys would have an absolute field day with this event. Not too often do they get to toy with their crazy cars and do top speed runs, legally.
I will talk to Dave more about it and see what I can find out. I haven't met Joe but have attended his events. I hope he plans to make it down to this. Shoot me a PM with your number again Chris so we can talk.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Standing mile miami 10.11.09