Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Best garage cabinets or storage systems?

Old 06-14-2008, 04:58 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Best garage cabinets or storage systems?

Hey guys any idea what's the best garage cabinets? I know there is alot out there but what to know what's the best one for the money.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned
CarChrisM5 is on a distinguished road
I just put in some Gladiator Premier Cabinets, at Sears current sale price they are an amazing deal IMO, look at my thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=132976
I just cleaned the garage today and took pics.
For the cabinets I used the track system so you can easily move the cabinets, should I want to change my setup the cabinets can slide on the tracks. Definitely worth going to Sears and checking out

Old 06-14-2008, 07:08 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CarChrisM5
I just put in some Gladiator Premier Cabinets, at Sears current sale price they are an amazing deal IMO, look at my thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=132976
I just cleaned the garage today and took pics.
For the cabinets I used the track system so you can easily move the cabinets, should I want to change my setup the cabinets can slide on the tracks. Definitely worth going to Sears and checking out
These are the exact same ones I have in my garage. They're great.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:54 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
the best cabinets are lista, no question, however they are overkill even for most commercial applications. see cabinets in virtually all of the racing trailers. sold by griot's garage among others.
after some research i found baldhead cabinets, now in bend oregon. they come in just about any color or combination of colors. they can be configured as you like.
i'm sure that some of the other cabinets are just fine.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:15 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
thanks for the info! Those baldhead cabinets look good and wow lista is crazy expensive!!!! whoa.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Banned
CarChrisM5 is on a distinguished road
keep doing your research to find the cabinets that are right for you, i'm sure you've seen many different ones on this site.
so what is your garage project looking like? post some pictures so i can steal some ideas, haha

Old 06-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by CarChrisM5
keep doing your research to find the cabinets that are right for you, i'm sure you've seen many different ones on this site.
so what is your garage project looking like? post some pictures so i can steal some ideas, haha
i have a thread going with my garage here

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=133080

more of a modern take on it

Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Dr. T will become famous soon enough
I chose Lista through Griot's. Couldn't be happierName:  IMG_1481.jpg
Views: 3091
Size:  74.2 KB.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I chose the "cheaper" listas thru Griots
note that I have limited space so the cabinets on the right have sliding doors so I can get into them with both cars in the garage. Something to conisder if it applies to you situation.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr. T
I chose Lista through Griot's. Couldn't be happier.
VERY NICE!!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:52 PM
vtturbo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr. T
I chose Lista through Griot's. Couldn't be happier.
GREAT COMBINATIONS! Looks super!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Dr. T will become famous soon enough
I enjoy working on the cars. Detailing, maintenance, mods. I think I'd go crazy without one.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Dedisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, is the line of cabinets, benches and rolling carts from Sam's Club...the line is called Seville Classics Ultra HD

The steel is easily twice as thick as that in the Gladiator cabinets https://mechanicguides.com/best-garage-cabinets/ The stainless steel is a little fussy (fingerprints, dirt, dust, and grease show up easily) and the doors could use a reinforcement piece in the center to stiffen them up, but other than that, I have zero complaints regarding them.

My total was less than $2000 and I have 2 of the tall cabinets, 2 of the benches, 4 of the roller carts (2 with full drawers, 2 with doors-stacked and mounted on top), 1 of the rolling bench with drawers, 6 of the wall cabinets, 1 desk (no longer available), 1 midsize roller cart (50% larger than the other roller carts-no longer available) and 3 matching butcher-block pneumatic stools (no longer available).

Last edited by Dedisa; 07-27-2018 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:12 AM
mrgreystone is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been putting Gladiator Premier cabinets in my workshop garage and am very pleased with them. The cabinets are substantial and look nice. Best part is they go on sale frequently. I cut up the shipping boxes and make liners for the shelves so they don't scratch. I also make pegboard brackets for inside of the hanging cabinets. Small stacking totes are good for interior storage and help you maximize the area.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:13 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
As in post 13, I just installed 3 pieces of Seville Classics. Two 72" tall storage cabs and the 78" long bench. I can highly recommend Seville Classics. Top quality, well designed, packed like its shipping to the moon. Every piece is on HD casters giving the flexibility of changing garage configurations in minutes.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best garage cabinets or storage systems?