Epoxy vs, Garage floor tiles - Page 4 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.
Sponsored by:

Epoxy vs, Garage floor tiles

Old 11-18-2016, 10:54 PM
Mirko Elek is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CWtwin View Post
I just did the Rustolium Professional grade two part epoxy. I love it! Looks great with extra heavy color flakes and clear coat. I used 15 bags of the blue and gray flakes on a 31x24 garage.
Can you show picture of your garage?

Old 11-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc View Post
There is a place here in KC that does that, and the floors are amazing. You can also add dye to tint the floor. Not sure what it costs though. My fear would be how slick it might be if the floor were wet.

If you epoxy, get the professional grade stuff. Devoe Devran Epoxy held up on the high volume shop floor just fine (impervious to anything with the exception of letting a puddle of brake clean sit on it overnight), and is about $100 a gallon (1 gallon epoxy, 1 gallon converter). 2 gallons of each should do most basic 2 car garages. We abused the heck out of that floor in an automotive environment. After 3 years of high volume use, I re-epoxied it so it would bring back the clean look, lol.

I used the home depot rustoleum stuff on my garage floor at home (I had a few sample cases sitting there, so figured I would save some money), looks good, but my wife's jeep has already peeled the epoxy up where the tires sit. It was properly prepped etc. I will be redoing it this summer with the stuff we used at the shop instead.
How did you prepare floor? Its all in preparation.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:27 PM
I think that people who have issues with hot tire peeling is that they dont etch concrete properly. If you are using acid etch make sure to wash it afterwards with pressure washer. Regular house water pressure cant remove what etch broke down. It makes huge difference and takes 2hours just to do this part on 2 car garage. One inch at the time. Ive done couple of these epoxy diys from home depot (water based) without any issue yet. Some already last more than 5 years and not a single peel. Only thing thing to mention is little discoloration from sun. I also used clear on top of the epoxy for that nice shiny wet look, which also adds extra strenght to the application. Cost me $250 for 2 car garage including everything.
If you want it to be even more durable , you can buy rustoleum (professional) solvent based from amazon. Its few bucks more expensive and 3-4 times thicker.
Applys exactly the same.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:16 PM
eurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond reputeeurotom has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone reapplied a coat? I have some discoloration with my rustoleum after 5 years

Old 01-07-2017, 02:24 PM
GT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Fan24 has a reputation beyond repute
Easy Swisstrax tiles. I have had epoxy, Racedeck and Swisstrax. By far the best is tiles and Swisstrax.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - 1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	467325

Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
LuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud ofLuckyOnes has much to be proud of

I had epoxy professionally done in my old shop at my last house...toughest stuff ever.
I cant wait to get it done again. It cost 3grand but totally worth it, no spill ever marked that floor.
Epoxy floor and steel cabinets

Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
We manufacture numerous styles of garage floor tiles and our patented systems can all be interlocked with one another. here are a few garage examples

Our patented DiamondTread TuffShield
upload gif

The World's #1 Selling Garage Flooring System

U.S.A Made - ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certified Manufacturer - 26 Patents
https://www.racedeck.com #racedeck #garagefloors

All 6speedonline Members get Factory Direct Deals
" Life member of the Bonneville 200 mph Club"
Old 01-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
The RaceDeck FreeFlow XL ( 18"18", also available in 12"x12" modules)

posted image

Old 01-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
This is the Original DiamondTread garage flooring, the style that started the modular garage flooring industry you see today

image hosting adult

Old 01-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
here is a garage where they used both our FreeFlow and Diamondtread together
gif upload

and a few more cool garages
free upload
upload image

Old 01-19-2018, 02:45 AM
moon12 is an unknown quantity at this point
For gargag, epoxy floor paint is very best for them. It is economical for customer. But you need conduct in summer. It is a shunsine, not rain. You should choose son epoxy benzo floor paint.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:10 PM
nikfiend is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is an older post but I was looking for some custom garage examples for a refresh of my garage. I personally chose to order my tiles from https://modmyfloor.com because of the value. The quality of their samples and the price was stellar. I chose the Drain thru tiles because they would allow spills and debris to be hidden but had a flat surface for my creeper. They also have great sales on the major holidays!

Old 08-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
Here is our RaceDeck TuffShield in a clean room

The Battle Of Lora James Macpherson

and here is another shot of the Smoked Oak flooring interlocked with our DiamondTIle TuffShied