Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

new toy for the garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
Talking new toy for the garage

Just installed my new MaxJax lift last nite.
It's the best two grand i ever spent.

Name:  max4.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  23.0 KB

Name:  maxjax3.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  max5.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  max6.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  30.7 KB

Name:  maxjax1.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  43.1 KB

Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 AM
millcityrider is on a distinguished road
Very nice. . .

Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Looks great! Does the concrete have to be a particular depth (reason for modifying footprints)?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
Yeah.
It needs to have a minimum depth of 5 inches. My floor only was 2 inches thick at the thinnest point. I poured 14 inches just to play it safe.

So far I have had my Boxster, my JK Jeep(2door), my wifes JK Jeep(4door) and my quad on the lift.
It's got a 6000 lb capacity.
I'll post some pics later.

Last edited by Nick-NY; 09-01-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
usdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the rough
nice! i didnt know garage lifts were that affordable!

although at it's max heigh in a normal garage it does put you at an awkward position, too low to stand too high to sit while working under the car?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 AM
litomonkie is on a distinguished road
how tall is this lift? It would make creeping under the car much easier. Would it fit into a standard garage?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
The max height is 48 inches.
It is made/designed to fit in a standard 8 foot garage. I could go higher but I have to get a side mounted garage door opener. Liftmaster makes one i'm interested in buying.

.maxjaxusa dot com
I have no association with them but it is a great product and a solution to small garages.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:54 AM
starbai is on a distinguished road
is this a standard 2 car garage? is there room to put a car next to the lift?

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Starbi
I have it installed in a standard width 2 car garage. I am able to park my other car(e30 M3) with no problems.
The best thing about the lift is that It is movable. It has casters built into the base. I just have to take the 5 bolts out of the floor and it's done. There are no bolts sticking out of the floor to trip on. The permanant anchors are female threaded into the floor.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 PM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Congrats Nick! It looks really cool. I'm coming to your house next time to do my oil changes!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Rich
you are more than welcome to come by and check out the lift.
Maybe a Captree run.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by usdmej
nice! i didnt know garage lifts were that affordable!

although at it's max heigh in a normal garage it does put you at an awkward position, too low to stand too high to sit while working under the car?
The Boxster and M3 are at the perfect height when standing up to remove wheels and perform a brake job or suspension inspection.
the Jeeps i have are quite a bit taller limiting the height of the lift, but i can still rotate tires and brakes/suspension but on a rolling stool.

Attached Images     
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Amazing. Great install and great solution compared to a full height jack.

Thanks for sharing

Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM
bmth is on a distinguished road
nice! good buy.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:49 PM
cherzra will become famous soon enoughcherzra will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I considered getting one. The prices are pretty low. If you buy a good floor jack, a roller, a crossbar holder thingy, you'll be out of 3-400 dollars already. May as well pay a little more and get a really useful lift

The only problem is that you need to be pretty sure you'll be staying there. Or can a lift be moved easily if you ever move to another house?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: new toy for the garage