Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Small but satisfying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Small but satisfying

I can't build a huge garage, I'm limited by the humble tract home choice. However, it hasn't stopped me doing my garage my way.

Since I'm almost always in it at night:

Flooring:

A Harding steel lift in a standard residential garage. It's not for maintenance before anyone asks.....that wasn't the intention. I just needed to get more than 3 cars in my garage. Phoenix weather kills cars parked outdoors....

Under the lift after moving it further into the garage and positioning the Sunbeam differently:

Better view of the final fit from the 3rd bay.

Without the blue oval.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
David928s will become famous soon enough
I love all of the random are on the walls..Great space. Pull out the cara and throw in a few leather couches and it would look awsom as a car den.

The side view poster of the lambo lp5000 in the first pic. is one of my first...Could almost say it started my obsession. In highschool I painted a 3'x5' version or that poster..

Great space

Cheers, David

Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Very nice - and unique. What brand is the lift?

Old 12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Unique in that it's messy but organized, maybe. At least there aren't oil stains in the concrete floor and barrel stacks of tires all over. :-) That's what storage units are for.

The lift is a Harding Steel unit. Check out their site, they do those cool underground units too. Would love to have one of those.....

Mine:

hardingsteel.com/carlifts.shtml

The cool one:

hardingsteel.com/carparx.shtml

Last edited by Speedshaq; 12-25-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: link to another site
Old 12-23-2009, 06:58 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Great garage - very personal.

Like your Esprit too

Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 AM
achtung6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by David928s
I love all of the random are on the walls..Great space. Pull out the cara and throw in a few leather couches and it would look awsom as a car den.

The side view poster of the lambo lp5000 in the first pic. is one of my first...Could almost say it started my obsession. In highschool I painted a 3'x5' version or that poster..

Great space

Cheers, David
So true, that poster sparked an obsession in many a teenager.....I was one of them. So nice.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:23 PM
GT3ED is on a distinguished road
Lotus 907,

What do you think of your Harding Steel lift? Did you buy it direct from Harding or from a distributor? I was quoted $8,500 installed from Harding, which is not cheap. Just wondering if the quality and service is commensurate with the price. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.

By the way, nice garage!

Old 12-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I got a demo unit a distribtor used at 2-3 different car shows. Lightly used. I also got it with enough floor tiles to cover under it included at no cost. Understandably installed in the garage was quite a bit less than your quote. However, I heard they retailed for $10K so your quote isn't that bad. If I would have had the $8,500 and was shopping, knowing what I do about the lift now, I'd still have one. It's a very well engineered lift and really well made. Just understand it's a storage lift and not for maintenance, it has a complete floor in it.

I really wish I could afford the under ground 'lift', I'd love to have one of those in the stall next to the lift.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:45 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I like the personal touch in your garage. How much ceiling height do you have for the parking lift?

Mike

Old 12-24-2009, 06:05 PM
GT3ED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lotus907
I got a demo unit a distribtor used at 2-3 different car shows. Lightly used. I also got it with enough floor tiles to cover under it included at no cost. Understandably installed in the garage was quite a bit less than your quote. However, I heard they retailed for $10K so your quote isn't that bad. If I would have had the $8,500 and was shopping, knowing what I do about the lift now, I'd still have one. It's a very well engineered lift and really well made. Just understand it's a storage lift and not for maintenance, it has a complete floor in it.

I really wish I could afford the under ground 'lift', I'd love to have one of those in the stall next to the lift.
Thanks Lotus 907. This is helpful.

Ed

Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by ISIS
I like the personal touch in your garage. How much ceiling height do you have for the parking lift?

Mike
The distributor for their lifts told me the minimum was 9' and change, I don't recall the exact number now and wouldn't want to mislead with an assumed number. I had 10'3" in the main parking area of the garage and at the back (the level the lift ended up at) there's a 3"-4" step to the main house's slab and it still met the minimum. I needed it moved further back into the garage due to the issues I had with the door clearance, so I had to move it back around 18" and had to have solid steel pads made for the lift to sit on to get over that 'step'. You can see them under the end of the lift leg in this shot.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
nice pad

Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
THAT is a great example of extremely efficient use of space. Well done. That lift looks like it could raise a dump truck. I'm just getting started with my art/trophy collection in the garage...yours is fantastic.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Pat: Thanks and nice list of things in the garage, not the least of which is a mightly clean looking Merkur XR4Ti. Good stuff.

Slik560; I appreciate the compliments, and you're pretty much right. The lift is good for just about anything non commercial. SUV's etc are ok, I believe it's capacity is 6,000lbs, so for us 'car' freaks, there's really no issue with weight.....if I'm not too far off, my lift is an entry level lift for Harding Steel inc. They do some serious stuff.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:55 AM
silk55 is on a distinguished road
great looking garage

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Small but satisfying